Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
First off, you should never use one of each totem. They have different uses. Two of the five are buff totems to provide damage boosts to weapon damage builds (summons for example). The other three (fireheart/stormeye/frostclaw) are spell damage based, which, in most cases, you use summons as tanks to receive incoming damage and protect yourself, while the spell totems put out attacks to kill the monsters (and fast kills too) for you.

There are two totem necromancer guides in the guide section (though this next patch might outdate some of the information about uber location and content). HechtHeftig wrote one for a summoner/merc buff based, and also made a lazymancer showcase video that focused on teleport when struck and pestilence with poison spell buffs and no actual attacks at all besides pestilence's aoe poison.

The other is the pure spell damage totem summoner with summons as tanks while the totems kill for you, along with a bit of hybrid with caster, using skills like Boneyard and Funeral Pyre depending on the situation.
Jeffshadows04
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
L H wrote:First off, you should never use one of each totem. They have different uses. Two of the five are buff totems to provide damage boosts to weapon damage builds (summons for example). The other three (fireheart/stormeye/frostclaw) are spell damage based, which, in most cases, you use summons as tanks to receive incoming damage and protect yourself, while the spell totems put out attacks to kill the monsters (and fast kills too) for you.

There are two totem necromancer guides in the guide section (though this next patch might outdate some of the information about uber location and content). HechtHeftig wrote one for a summoner/merc buff based, and also made a lazymancer showcase video that focused on teleport when struck and pestilence with poison spell buffs and no actual attacks at all besides pestilence's aoe poison.

The other is the pure spell damage totem summoner with summons as tanks while the totems kill for you, along with a bit of hybrid with caster, using skills like Boneyard and Funeral Pyre depending on the situation.

will try to get some ideas with that guides, for now im planning to shift to OHMAN necro
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
maxxkutez
Prowler
15 | 0
Can I have 1 question: Will the patch realease before season 15 start or we have to wait 36 hours more?
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Fumbles wrote:Earthquake/BH/SoR require "melee" weapon.

How does that matter with what I said?

Fumbles wrote:Eq isn't that great either. It still misses mobs within its cone regularly.

Hmm, I haven't used it much with Snake Stance. But you just need one hit to apply the poison. And it's really the best skill for that purpose because of its AoE (outside of TSlam, but that has a CD)

Fumbles wrote:Its a lvl 1 skill though so no reason to expect much after early game.

I definitely disagree with that design philosophy. Every skill in the game should have some use in some build or the other. At least one endgame viable build, ideally multiple.

Just because you get a skill at level 2 compared to level 24 for the highest non-uber skill doesn't mean it makes any sense for it to be only an early-game skill in a game where the max level is 125.
Arc_Razer
Grubber
303 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
yuo can use Eq with axe (unless changed)
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Ah, I see now. That's good to hear, guess I can go Axe + max block then.
redicomerade
Abomination
140 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Wondering how exacly "nodrop" changes. Already farming at least on players 3 on endgame and drops are much more generous.
So the changes are for the furher quantity or quality? And how it will impact on non unique items like Umos cough lodestone cough
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
In current version earthquake does feel extremely weak in comparison to stempede. Not only it requires target to go off, deals significantly less damage but also aoe is worse, as the cone has fixed shape, unlike with stampede by clicking next to your character you can make it cover nearly 180 deg angle.

I say, I liked earthquake back when it was implemented in the game. Laz idea behind the skill was to make it op strong aoe, but tied to BH. I don't think such combo would be bad, since people won't use it anyway, frankly both of these skills are unused. It used to be very wide aoe, with 3/2 damage, but only usable when bh buff was on. This could be potentially a sneaky way to encourage people to use both of these skills more. Ofc not 3/2, but above everything else power style, like stampede in 1.0.
thanosdk
Rust Claw
85 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Huge respect for all that work! Its phenomenal what Median XL has become, hands down the best D2 mod.