Median XL 1.2 Announced

Game news and forum updates
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
suchbalance wrote:The constantly depleting mana is a resource system unique to the werewolf. It's what makes it different and stand out to builds like pounce zon/sin and the reason it is way more powerful than those builds in the first place. Removing that mechanic is not something that we are looking to do. The changes coming to this build next patch are two fold:

1) You won't be able to equip jewellery with mana regen post morph and reverse the mana degen. To compensate Mana Pulse will grant significantly more mana compared to before - it will now fill up your entire mana bulb in 2 hits.

2) Werewolf single target has been buffed greatly to enable you to kill bosses better without a respec and Harbinger damage is increased slightly to compensate for the fact that you are not casting it all the time but have to switch to mana pulse every now and then.

This is what I don't get with MXL team. Tree warden doesn't have some stupid mana drain, nor does trap rat. So why does wolf? You limit the weapon possibility to only swords, which is fine because the other two transformations require a specific weapon as well. But then wolf is limited even more due to mana drain and mana issues so it has to use items like wyands and teganze pendent to even do anything without having to use mana pulse every few seconds since harbinger uses a ton of mana. I really just don't get the thought process behind all of this. Not trying to start a fight or argument i'm just honestly confused.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Because builds are supposed to be different? You make it less convenient by adding mana requirement, but you make it convenient by making mana pulse the enabler for harbinger - a very convenient and powerful skill. If you want to play a straight forward shapeshifter then play trap rat. If you want to play a build that jumps around the screen then play pouncezon. It's not that complicated.
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Marco wrote:Because builds are supposed to be different? You make it less convenient by adding mana requirement, but you make it convenient by making mana pulse the enabler for harbinger - a very convenient and powerful skill. If you want to play a straight forward shapeshifter then play trap rat. If you want to play a build that jumps around the screen then play pouncezon. It's not that complicated.

The biggest turn on for someone to play wolf was that it was an amazing farmer. Now you have to stop and get mana since the regen bug will be fixed.. You nerfed its farm speed and smooth gameplay when there's just as good of farmers out there without mana issues or needing to stop to use another skill. All for the sake of being different.
Zapple
Dark Huntress
11 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Looking forward to playing! 1111111@Marco :wink: :lol: :-D :-D :mrgreen:
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
DeanLew wrote:
Marco wrote:Because builds are supposed to be different? You make it less convenient by adding mana requirement, but you make it convenient by making mana pulse the enabler for harbinger - a very convenient and powerful skill. If you want to play a straight forward shapeshifter then play trap rat. If you want to play a build that jumps around the screen then play pouncezon. It's not that complicated.

The biggest turn on for someone to play wolf was that it was an amazing farmer. Now you have to stop and get mana since the regen bug will be fixed.. You nerfed its farm speed and smooth gameplay when there's just as good of farmers out there without mana issues or needing to stop to use another skill. All for the sake of being different.

Ye.. Why don't make a char that very similar to pouncezon but alot stronger?
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
It's whatever. This change indirectly buffs the character I wanted to play by making wolf less appealing and slower of a farmer. So thanks dev team!
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
DeanLew wrote:The biggest turn on for someone to play wolf was that it was an amazing farmer. Now you have to stop and get mana since the regen bug will be fixed.. You nerfed its farm speed and smooth gameplay when there's just as good of farmers out there without mana issues or needing to stop to use another skill. All for the sake of being different.

DeanLew wrote:This is what I don't get with MXL team. Tree warden doesn't have some stupid mana drain, nor does trap rat. So why does wolf? You limit the weapon possibility to only swords, which is fine because the other two transformations require a specific weapon as well. But then wolf is limited even more due to mana drain and mana issues so it has to use items like wyands and teganze pendent to even do anything without having to use mana pulse every few seconds since harbinger uses a ton of mana. I really just don't get the thought process behind all of this. Not trying to start a fight or argument i'm just honestly confused.

i dont get it why you are whining about this.

They fixed wolf druid to work as it supposed to. Mana regen bug just made it impoissibly fast farmer. Wolf druid's mana acts more like a "Fury" on wow. it degenerates overtime and you can get more of it by attacking monsters = mana pulse then you spend it by attacking monsters with powerful spells. in my mind fury mechanic is excatly what werewolf druid should have.

Nowone rly said you have to use wyands fervor or teganze. there is other options to get mana. now you dont even need those items since you can just fill your mana pool with mana pulse like it was meant to be from the beginning...

Also they said they will be buffing Mana Pulse so that it gets you full mana orb with 2 hits. To hit monsters 2 times with wolf druid takes about 0,5 seconds is that rly slowing things down? i rly doubt it will. also they didnt change mana per kill or mana per striking mechanic so you can still use those if you feel you are slowed down too much.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
bu. but.. switching between 2 skills is so hard, QQ
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Rishab wrote:bu. but.. switching between 2 skills is so hard, QQ

That isn't the point. The point is this is how wolf has been played bugged or not. Now you're changing a playstyle because of a bug that shouldn't even be a bug but a remedy. How do you balance out drain life? With replenish life. Why does it have to be different for mana just because you want to make shit more complicated and difficult for no reason.

Let me ask you. Who asked for this change? Who complained about the mana regen bug? Why do you have to go and change unimportant things that actually make the game more fun and make it less fun? Who actually wants to use mana pulse? Seriously retarded dev team and this is why your servers die so quickly every reset and other private servers are more popular.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
ib4ban this idiot....

Who complained about 100% avoid on assassin !? WHO ?!