Median XL 1.2 Announced

Game news and forum updates
Tokii
Acid Prince
47 | 3
Aspirine101 wrote:
Tokii wrote:
Quirinus wrote:Most people online start over with new ladder chars, not many play non-ladder.

How do you know, is the game keeping statistics? :O
Personally i find 0 reason to play ladder, atleast not until ms comes down under 100 or whatever it is today :P

i think he means non-ladder as in non-ladder multiplayer, not sp. ladder characters move to non ladder after reset

Still.. just looking at the forum, not many players seem to have any tg, drawing me to the conclusion that more ppl play sp :O
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1291 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Tokii wrote:
Aspirine101 wrote:
Tokii wrote:
Quirinus wrote:Most people online start over with new ladder chars, not many play non-ladder.

Personally i find 0 reason to play ladder, atleast not until ms comes down under 100 or whatever it is today :P

i think he means non-ladder as in non-ladder multiplayer, not sp. ladder characters move to non ladder after reset

Still.. just looking at the forum, not many players seem to have any tg, drawing me to the conclusion that more ppl play sp :O

It's pretty wrong. Some players like me just don't like tg trade system and prefer good old item-for-item/item-for-free :)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Tokii wrote:
Aspirine101 wrote:
Tokii wrote:

That really doesn't say anything. I have TG because I wanted to support the devs and keep the servers up, because this game is the best of this genre, so I donated around 20 €, even though I mostly play SP. I gained the rest due to a TG giveaway in the shoutbox, but honestly, I've only used the TG I have once. I'm not into trading usually.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is: There aren't many people who actually trade with TG or accept it as payment after the first 2 weeks of the ladder. And even if you're into trading you don't necessarily need TG, you can also just trade item for item.

So you see, many people are fine with 0 tg and thus don't even try to get some. And even those who have TG don't necessarily play MP or need it. Imo TG is only a sign of appreciation to the devs.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
There's no denying that most people play SP. If you look at the total number of downloads on ModDB and compare it to the record number of users present on the forum and to the average number of people that play on the servers, you'll find out that roughly 93% of player base doesn't even visit the forum regularly and 96% doesn't play MP.
► Show Spoiler
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bitech wrote:
Unda wrote:Which ones you are talking about? https://tsw.median-xl.com/info

Just a while ago I saw that all the servers were offline except for Nuremburg and Seattle.

Not played MP for a while, but from what i remember there was daily servers restart near breakfast time in Europe, must be it.
neocrescent
Cog
225 | 3
hahahaha! waiting time is almost over :-D
DrBarber
Fallen
1 | 0
All aboard the hype train!
exorogue89
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Marco wrote:We are working very hard to bring you a lot of big updates! MXL 1.2 is another big content patch that is coming in december.

Release: 22 december

Features
- 15+ New areas: Corrupted Abbey, Diamond Gates, Edyrem's Path, Realm of Sin, and more
- New quest skill: Dark Portal replaces Dark Summoning, required for multiple quests, most of them in act 4
- New unique bosses: Zoltun Kulle, Maghda, Ghom, Buyard Cholik
- New elite-only side areas in act 5
- New unique items
- Full quest overhauls: Azmodan, Uldyssian
- Skills reworked: invulnerability shields, goodberries, wolf, stormzon, etc
- General skills rework: changed / capped range on most skills to improve performance and make the game look cleaner
- Other changes to be revealed on patch release

Might post some screenshots / infos on this topic, so stay tuned!

[news]Median XL keeps growing and another major update is close to be released! Multiple changes to areas, endgame quests and skills, new unique bosses and items, are some of the features you can expect to come out in the next weeks.

hoping they make a stormzon endgame viable, was a dream playing in lvling but as soon you reached destruction it became a pain
Doomsday
Bone Archer
76 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This is the Best Christmas Gift i (we)could get.....and right at the 22. my Holidays starts...16 Sweet long Days Gaming, muahahahahahahahaha ( Evil Smile).Im so Excited about the new Unique Items xD

Thank You Very Very Much.
Im_a_ninja
Core Lord
384 | 39
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
so does the ladder start same time as the new patch?