Median XL 1.3 Patch Log

Game news and forum updates
Ibra1
Balrog
138 | 0
Pretty bummed about summoning necro. Got a big kick in the balls (& then castrated)

Lowered how many summons possible, which is the meat-wall between instant death without giving the Minions a nice boost to compensate? "To make it easier on other players". What about if I play in multiplayer but by myself? Now it's a non-viable option. Don't like playing in a crowd, where all the drops are snapped up over and over again.

will sit this ladder out to see what happens next time.

ps.

Why don't you devs post up a 'proposed' changelog about a week or 2 before to allow discussion? It's entirely possible that a proposed 'fix' or adjustment will cause a big problem that was unforeseen and a few comments will bring possible problems to light?
User avatar
Aero
Madawc
6736 | 231
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
the ones you get without max minions are more than enough to provide a wall.

have done it many seasons.
User avatar
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
1850 | 131
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Aero wrote:the ones you get without max minions are more than enough to provide a wall.

have done it many seasons.


Don't forget that you used Jinns, increasing your summon count more than a summoner nec without +max minions. Comparing that isn't quite fair tbh.

As for your tip to survival in your totemancer guide, I really don't know how you can go with that alone. You said something like "When you stand still after teleporting, doing nothing, you will survive." However I tried it out many times and it just won't work as you say. After 2 seconds your minions are spread and 1 arrow passing by (in TA) is all it takes to instantly rape you to death. That's why defense/avoid is desperately needed in order to not die and that's exactly why I always chose to go with Death Ward. However that's impossible now, that you HAVE to get Rathma's chosen as a summoner nec.

That strategy of yours may work for totemancer (even though it never did for me), where all the enemies in the front line are killed first, but it definitely won't work for summoner necro, where you have a 50/50 chance to kill the enemies in the front lines (ranger merc) or a 100% chance to kill enemies further away from you before the ones close to you (priestress merc).
User avatar
Aero
Madawc
6736 | 231
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
HechtHeftig wrote:
Aero wrote:the ones you get without max minions are more than enough to provide a wall.

have done it many seasons.


Don't forget that you used Jinns, increasing your summon count more than a summoner nec without +max minions. Comparing that isn't quite fair tbh.


wot. something like.. 8 jinn i think with goetia compared to your max summons for flayer, lamia, and jinn? Apart from ghal staff, you'd still use goetia, so itd be the same.
User avatar
Jaedong
Daystar
676 | 40
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
not sure if its only me or it has already been mentioned but what happend to the older patch logs?
docs --> 1.3 --> 1.2/1.1/... results for me
Image
User avatar
Unda
Son of Lucion
738 | 18
.
Edited by Unda 2 months.
User avatar
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
1850 | 131
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Aero wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:
Aero wrote:the ones you get without max minions are more than enough to provide a wall.

have done it many seasons.


Don't forget that you used Jinns, increasing your summon count more than a summoner nec without +max minions. Comparing that isn't quite fair tbh.


wot. something like.. 8 jinn i think with goetia compared to your max summons for flayer, lamia, and jinn? Apart from ghal staff, you'd still use goetia, so itd be the same.


^ Read again.

You used Jinns, making your total minion count go up to 33. Summoner necro WITHOUT any +max minions has 25 minions. That's a helluva difference. That would require my build to have +3 max minions already. But I can't use Jinns because that would make the build a lot slower. Safer, but slower. Anyway, those 8 minions already grant you a much better defensive ability than not having them. However, totemancer can still kill anything easily, whereas summoner can't if you use Jinns.

EDIT: The point is you said the ones you get without max minions are enough. What I'm trying to say is: they aren't. You used Jinns, so you never noticed, but they aren't. And giving up lots of +skills just in order to get more minions isn't a good option either, as that requires you to constantly recast everything which sucks.
User avatar
Aero
Madawc
6736 | 231
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
so.. use jinn. problem solved. I've never had issues as long as you keep them stacked up. Only stuff that hurt ever were gothi using Wyrd and Heretics in early game
User avatar
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
1850 | 131
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Aero wrote:so.. use jinn. problem solved. I've never had issues as long as you keep them stacked up. Only stuff that hurt ever were gothi using Wyrd and Heretics in early game


As I said, I can't. Because the killspeed would be cut by around 70-80% even though you get elemental pierce. I tried it out last season and nothing changed in that regard.

EDIT: Totemancer is now simply the better summoner, no matter how you look at it. It was before already except maybe for the MF part. But now, summoner is only good to have a character to farm with. But there are tons of other builds that can do that, while also being able to do almost all ubers. There's no reason to play summoner necro anymore.

I still need to test some things, but as it looks now, I don't see any reason so continue playing summoner.
Edited by HechtHeftig 6 months.
User avatar
Aero
Madawc
6736 | 231
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I guess I don't understand how losing some of your own defense to gain more minions and 30 pierce aura would cut your kill speed by 80% lol. What math is that?

Anyways. It's my preference. I use spells in tandem with everything and you let a merc do it with weapon damage. to each their own.