Game news and forum updates
pumba1337
Vampiress
35 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
MUS01 wrote:
Primarch wrote:
Temptaz wrote:what are the odds the hotfix in a week results in a server wipe?

I imagine that's entirely reliant on whether or not game-breaking exploits are discovered. (i.e. extreme experience exploits or 1-shotting ubers with some bugged ability interaction).

If they program more pages in the stash, let me say 20 for example, I think a wipe will be required. One hard thing in the old median was the shared stash, It was impossible to use in ladder or online games... Damn, we don't need shared stash, BUT MORE OAGES. 1 is nearly useless, 20 maybe decent

also means you may be able to overfload your charakter with informations, so you may rollback your char using this as an exploit to dupe
throwawaaay
Skeleton
2 | 0
I've mulled through the notes and the comments but can't seem to find the answer to the question of what version of LoD we should be running for Σ. Any help from the devs? Want to make sure I'm ready for when it drops.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
throwawaaay wrote:I've mulled through the notes and the comments but can't seem to find the answer to the question of what version of LoD we should be running for Σ. Any help from the devs? Want to make sure I'm ready for when it drops.

Not a dev but afaik Sigma will work only with the Launcher, so no matter the patch version.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
A fresh install of Diablo 2 from battle.net will be ideal. Then grab the new version of our lancher, which will be posted on release, and it will set everything up for you.
mazoku
Destroyer
6 | 1
Great job! Well done!

At first I was bit sad about some nerfs but than I realized that those are not nerfs but game balancing changes which I trust you completely were necessary.

Thank you for your hard work!
I am even more happy because my boss agreed that I can take one day off on Monday so I can enjoy Sigma even more :)
throwawaaay
Skeleton
2 | 0
suchbalance wrote:A fresh install of Diablo 2 from battle.net will be ideal. Then grab the new version of our lancher, which will be posted on release, and it will set everything up for you.

RequiemLux wrote:Not a dev but afaik Sigma will work only with the Launcher, so no matter the patch version.

Much appreciated!
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Thanks for the hard work.
From my point of view as a player who knows quite some mechanics but totally lacks skill, the changes really encourage me to improve my playstyle.

I really like the rework/changes on o-skills and look forward to further ones.
With Flash already buffed, I will try a Lightning Druid right from the start.
inori92
Pit Knight
113 | 28
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
suchbalance wrote:A fresh install of Diablo 2 from battle.net will be ideal. Then grab the new version of our lancher, which will be posted on release, and it will set everything up for you.

I don't know how prepared you are, so I'm going to ask

Isn't launcher download going to be flooded? I presume it would be much better to release the launcher, then enable server realms at a time rather than letting thousands of people come in to download at once and throttle each other

Maybe I'm thinking too much into it, but would appreciate a response
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Every time the launcher got an upgrade, I had more and more struggles for installing and making it work without crashes and freezes. So I really hope you've tested the new launcher out as well.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work SB! I know you guys are doing your best to make this all go smoothly!
SteelWings
Sasquatch
67 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
inori92 wrote:Isn't launcher download going to be flooded? I presume it would be much better to release the launcher, then enable server realms at a time rather than letting thousands of people come in to download at once and throttle each other

Yeah, I also kind of want to uh... "test" that Sigma runs properly before launch, honest :roll: