Median XL Σ Released

Game news and forum updates
darkhao
Skeleton
2 | 0
1) The game does not work with Glide, the process started (displayed in the task manager), but instead of opening the game, the mini-symbol in the upper left corner of the screen changes at the speed of a turtle. In the end - nothing. In the settings of the glide, I tried all possible options, changed all the values, together and in turn, turned off and turned on all the values (also together and in turn), it gave nothing. It is necessary to run in d3d mode. :?
2) Having chosen the Russian language, the game displays missing text in the options. ;-|
UPD: And texture bugs, after which game crashes. So with Rus lang, game was totally unplayable.
3) It is necessary to return the banally cut map and graphics settings. Although there was already a solution with a map, however, manually editing the files is a “crutch”. :|

IMHO in the light of that facts, the Median is incomplete. :(
No, i do not thinking of saying somethin bad about Median! A lot of work has been done, a lot of effort and effort has been invested, and we all appreciate it and are very grateful! But please, complete it, even if it takes a lot of time. ;)
► Show Spoiler
Edited by darkhao 5 years.
Endzeit86
Imp
5 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hi all! How can play in fullscreen? Spanish translation in the future?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Endzeit86 wrote:Hi all! How can play in fullscreen? Spanish translation in the future?

For fullscreen try this: MXL launcher → Settings → open Glide Settings → 'Settings' tab → Turn off 'window-mode' → Set 'static size' to 'no' → Check the 'desktopresolution' box → Uncheck the 'keep aspect ratio' box → Close, re-open and then launch.
For the translation: maybe
CzarNickolai
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hi Everyone!! I have a big problem and I fell so upset :cry: :cry: Who can help me please?!! I send you a screem! That happens always!

RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
CzarNickolai wrote:Hi Everyone!! I have a big problem and I fell so upset :cry: :cry: Who can help me please?!! I send you a screem! That happens always!

PlugY is no longer compatible, uninstall the mod and the game, make sure your PC has not leftovers of PlugY, Median, D2. Reastart and install D2+LoD again, then MXL
CzarNickolai
Skeleton
3 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:
CzarNickolai wrote:Hi Everyone!! I have a big problem and I fell so upset :cry: :cry: Who can help me please?!! I send you a screem! That happens always!

PlugY is no longer compatible, uninstall the mod and the game, make sure your PC has not leftovers of PlugY, Median, D2. Reastart and install D2+LoD again, then MXL

Thx so much men! That was the solution, the game works now!!
KaktusLmao
Imp
5 | 0
dempaqh wrote:Will this patch be available on ios later on?? or is it already?

You mean on MAC yeah?
KaktusLmao
Imp
5 | 0
]
mars1 wrote:I tried everything too for hours nothing worked . For now you can download this the patch in difrent folder , Coppy all the mpq and dll files and paste it in the preveous Diablo version folder file , make a shortcut from Diablo II exe to desktop and enjoyyourself.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/p4adqz9gxb2bao4/median.7z/file

If this will work then I love you :mrgreen:
currycatstrophe
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
darkhao wrote:1) The game does not work with Glide, the process started (displayed in the task manager), but instead of opening the game, the mini-symbol in the upper left corner of the screen changes at the speed of a turtle. In the end - nothing. In the settings of the glide, I tried all possible options, changed all the values, together and in turn, turned off and turned on all the values (also together and in turn), it gave nothing. It is necessary to run in d3d mode. :?

► Show Spoiler

That is a result of the 3DFX Glide settings trying to load - mine does the same thing (Win10)

For me it does the black screen + alphanumeric scroll twice on load (i assume 1 for the boot vids, and one for the home screen), and then one more time when I start the actual game. It takes about 10 seconds for each loading screen (worth it for the gorgeous effects imo).

If the alphanumeric symbols are going really slow (a...........b.........etc), try running D2 in XP w/ SP2 compatibility mode, then it should hopefully load pretty quickly - if I run it with Win7 compa and 3dfx it loads suuuuper slowly

or just run it in Direct2D instead
currycatstrophe
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
Vagabondage wrote:No hotkey to show belt rows? Wat?

I'm having this same issue - I accidentally set the tilde key ~ to another function when I was messing around, and now I can't use the "Show Belt" function to view my potion tabs. It still works if I hover it with the cursor, but being able to see how many pots per slot you have is pretty critical considering it was part of Vanilla D2

Please add this keybinding back in!