Median XL Σ Released

Game news and forum updates
darkhao
Skeleton
2 | 0
currycatstrophe wrote:That is a result of the 3DFX Glide settings trying to load - mine does the same thing (Win10)

For me it does the black screen + alphanumeric scroll twice on load (i assume 1 for the boot vids, and one for the home screen), and then one more time when I start the actual game. It takes about 10 seconds for each loading screen (worth it for the gorgeous effects imo).

If the alphanumeric symbols are going really slow (a...........b.........etc), try running D2 in XP w/ SP2 compatibility mode, then it should hopefully load pretty quickly - if I run it with Win7 compa and 3dfx it loads suuuuper slowly or just run it in Direct2D instead

Until you said compatibility, I did not even think that this could be the reason. I feel stupid, because in Diablo it is in this place that the problem is frequent =\ but i don`t change compatibility to xp\sp2, that`s not works for me.. i toogled off that compatibility at all, then i uncheck "keep desktop composition" and only that works(tested other conditions), BUT with graphics glitches. texture blinking\disappearing to be exact.
then i uncheck two WGL* options in Extensions(other options is ON), set 108MB\4096x4096 and it runs like a lightning without any glitches and even slowdowns xD Now i`m happy =)))
and i`l be glad if that helps somebody.
majorswindles
Skeleton
2 | 0
Please bring back AUTO RUN and MAP FADE....
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
so when is the online skillpoint planner update coming ?
phyne
Skeleton
3 | 2
I'm curious what other people think:

After finally getting to K3kba, the area is no longer interesting, challenging, nor fun.

- The area is too large (as compared to before. I know it's relatively small compared to many other dungeons).
- The totems are trivially killed from a distance, yet they also pretty much kill my zon instantly if I try to get near them at all, which is very annoying.
- The (used to be) invincibility/damage reduction buff from the totems doesn't seem to do much of anything.
- The Necromancers don't cast any sort of debuff? The area is so large and spread out anyway, that they wouldn't even pose a threat outside of their little areas.

I haven't been playing median for long, but when I did my playthrough several months ago, I had fun going through K3kba. It was refreshing to have to radically change your tactics to get through the area. Now, in my honest opinion, it's completely neutered. I just don't know why the design was changed so drastically. Did it get lots of complaints?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is there a way to play fullscreen with DirectDraw? For some reason Glide causes game to stutter, didn't have this problem before Sigma.

Also do other people have problems with dropping out of game quite frequently? I don't mind it now as I'm only on easy ubers but I'm thinking about future more time consuming bosses...
Maybe I should stick to SP for now and continue on TSW in a week or two.
pepo930
Invader
9 | 1
The new update is awesome, it really makes the whole thing look much more polished and distinguishes it from normal Diablo 2. Gameplay is much better and more balanced, really looks and feels more professional. Amazing jobs by the devs, especially with updating the D2 engine.
I'm still in early game so my comment only applies to it.
Captivation
Destroyer
6 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
found another bug, cant edit my keybind for a ALT key , i normally like to swap the change still to view items keybind and now that i take out views items of ALT key to change it to shift i cant put ALT key back on stand still or in any other place.

is there any way to edit keybind manually ?!
MoonstruckED
Imp
4 | 0
Where is the /playersX command in this version?
I kind of want to set the players to 8 before I start a character..

Also, is full screen coming? I can only play in windowed mode, and can't even enlarge it..
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
MoonstruckED wrote:Where is the /playersX command in this version?
I kind of want to set the players to 8 before I start a character..

It's gone.
MoonstruckED wrote:Also, is full screen coming? I can only play in windowed mode, and can't even enlarge it..

Click the gear icon in the launcher, you will see the option to disable windowed mode.
MoonstruckED
Imp
4 | 0
Thanks a lot! Any idea why it's gone?