Hello dear devs!
I discovered Median a little before this Christmas. It was a lot of new material to get to know, lot of reading to be able to craft a little (arcane gems etc). I got to lvl a sorc (with all the new spells and equipment). It did took me a little time to get use to all those new things, being a big fan of D2, this was an amazing mod. Thanks you for all the work you guys put into this.
So yeah, I got to lvl a sorc all the way to lvl 80 something, got to do some challenges with a friend... We were liking it a lot!
So to hear you came with a whole new "mod" was a nice surprise and I was happy with all the new things. Sad by the fact that it was a hard reset of everything I've done. I got to play with my friend, to test it out. We went through act 1 only because of time (adults...)
So here is my review so far;
- I like the new design for the UI (my friend did not). I think it's just a getting use to it. But I could see some hardcore fan of D2 sad of seing the old D2 theme go away.
- MORE INVENTORY SPACE !!! thanks for that. It is really appreciated!
- Improved fights; I can see what I do now!!!
- The play through seems (for now) too easy.
- Some Keybinding are hard to manage: Running, dim the map, mini-map, see the belt.
- There is no easy mini-map option. You either have to play in some folders on your computer or just play with a full bright map in the middle of the screen. There is no EASY fix to that (for non-tech-savvy).
Suggestions for future patch;
- Bring back the running. The fact that i'm always walking feel like a drop back to D1, make me cringe and frustrate me.
- Put the running on/off button back (or keybind it) with a little more stamina.
- Reveal Map. Either change the hotkey, or give it back to a NPC. I don't get why it's not a NPC that gives you the map. It's just more logical role-playing-wise. I'm the kind of player who like to explore when i'm playing a game, not having the whole map automatically. Feels like cheating.
Will Median XL Sigma be playable on IOS ?
I'm happy with all the changes, I'm waiting for that 1st patch really soon with a lot of fixes.