Trade Auctions

Game news and forum updates
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
willyboy wrote:Auctions are not for those items, so the 10 TG fee makes sense. Who will read the thousands auctions with Witchhunters Armor, Empyrean Band and those items?

For this everyone can make a trade-thread, for the really valueble items are auctions. On the other side, in 2 weeks the auctionhouse will be dead - like every season if the guys quite it and the prices drops rapidly.

Well, in that case maybe there should be a big text on the top of the page saying "Auctions are not for the items listed below: [Insert all the set items and SU's here]".

I would browse through all the listings even if there was no fee at all. In fact, that would make the trade center more appealing to me. Also, sometimes people are looking for specific items which they want to experiment with. Not everyone want to have the boring "bis" items suggested by guides.

Anyway, just wanted to leave my opinion here for anyone to read. I have nothing else to add.
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
plts88 wrote:
willyboy wrote:Auctions are not for those items, so the 10 TG fee makes sense. Who will read the thousands auctions with Witchhunters Armor, Empyrean Band and those items?

For this everyone can make a trade-thread, for the really valueble items are auctions. On the other side, in 2 weeks the auctionhouse will be dead - like every season if the guys quite it and the prices drops rapidly.

Well, in that case maybe there should be a big text on the top of the page saying "Auctions are not for the items listed below: [Insert all the set items and SU's here]".

I would browse through all the listings even if there was no fee at all. In fact, that would make the auction house more appealing to me. Also, sometimes people are looking for specific items which they want to experiment with. Not everyone want to have the boring "bis" items suggested by guides.

Anyway, just wanted to leave my opinion here for anyone to read. I have nothing else to add.

Those items you can find in the trade-section, there are tons of low and mid SU/SSUs and sets.

Your opinion is your opinion, I want to leave my to let you know the intention about the auctions - not more.
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
@willyboy
I'm aware of the current state of the trade section / auctions. I'm suggesting a change.
xzmnick
Abomination
153 | 0
have you tried googling if it was suggested before?
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
I'm suggesting it now.
Fak
Thunder Beetle
57 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Auction's aren't meant to just dump all your items to sell to people. So many people have trade threads and list every single item good or bad on them. Ctrl-F is a great way of finding a specific item you want on some of these threads that have hundreds of items. In most cases items sold individually will be cheaper than auction anyways. Sets early season are anywhere from 10-25 tg for even some basic sets. There are very easy ways to make early tg to be able to afford auctions. It isn't only for end players with thousands of tg.

In most cases.. If you can't afford a 10tg posting fee. You won't be able to afford any item listed on the auction house. :roll:

Everyone obviously is entitled to their opinions and suggestions are great. I personally think auctions are fine as is, the posting fee used to be 5tg in previous seasons. I actually like the change to make it higher. Less junk flooding it. And people are only hurting themselves if no one bids on their item. Theres a google docs floating around somewhere with items that may be worth keeping or to sig. (If someone knows what im talking about feel free to post it, I don't have a link :c).
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
@Aeliann
Me for example: I can't afford to dump all my items there even if the fee was 5tg. Also I wouldn't expect anyone to buy that stuff, so I would be losing tg anyway. I have seen some people complaining how inefficient the trading section is, and it really is painful to bump topics which will be otherwise sent to oblivion.

Because of the 10tg gap between auctions and the trade section, it's difficult for new players to get started earning tg and they are also missing the fun of creating auctions. Personally I would have auctioned only a few items so far, which had either 100% perfect roll or nearly perfect roll.

@Other people
I'm not looking for anyone to prove me wrong. It's enough to agree or disagree ("the listing fee is too high") to come up with the conclusion.
WReckLess
Sasquatch
60 | 1
Aeliann wrote:Theres a google docs floating around somewhere with items that may be worth keeping or to sig. (If someone knows what im talking about feel free to post it, I don't have a link :c).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =554441697

Found it in bookmarks, also check other lists at the bottom.
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The trade area is very confusing right at the beginning of a season. There were suggestions to subdivide WTB and WTS. Some guys create their own thread for each item they look for, in addition to a collection thread, of course. That makes the whole thing very confusing very quickly, for me that's nothing, I have not been there for some time.

A reduction from 10 to 5TG would not change the trade area.