Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
News are all extremely cool but I'm a bit perplexed about this:

Marco wrote:Additionally we are going to release our own Median XL Launcher / Updater app - and get rid of ModDB dependency. So we will also be getting a paid Content Network to host the 300MB Median XL patch.

I have a couple of question:
-Will still be possible to update/install the mod without an additional app? using the old manual compressed archive method?
-Assuming you'll have only this site to host a download for the mod, I think that getting rid of ModDB dependency could backlash on the advertising side of things; that site is great in bringing the project to the attention of new people and I dunno how well an article linking the forum/new project will fare against a solid download on the site. I know it may sound stupid but could you clear a bit more this for me?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
RequiremLux wrote:-Will still be possible to update/install the mod without an additional app? using the old manual compressed archive method?

As far as ultimative goes, yes. We have no intentions on keeping compatibility with other mods for sigma however, as it will be more difficult due to the new engine.

RequiemLux wrote:-Assuming you'll have only this site to host a download for the mod, I think that getting rid of ModDB dependency could backlash on the advertising side of things; that site is great in bringing the project to the attention of new people and I dunno how well an article linking the forum/new project will fare against a solid download on the site. I know it may sound stupid but could you clear a bit more this for me?

We will still be hosting the installer in ModDB, due to the free advertising, but our site won't take you there anymore. The fact that they require you to register to download is quite lame, also they don't provide any kind of API for direct downloading, which we will require for our launcher/updater tool.
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
if only there was a high viewer streamer interested in this game. that would be great advertisement

unfortunately not realistic
Port80
Cultist
24 | 1
Hi.
Homepage looks good but please add color to drop down menus.
Now they are white with blue hover color.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
is there something like a marketing running for the release of sigma?
using the diferent platforms to reach more people reddit etc
there is a decently big online community im in and ill try to make some advertising there aswell once sigma is released
#makesigmagreatagain
PhoenixRising
Stone Warrior
32 | 7
is it possible to make one of the buttons in the header be "Forums"? As people go there instantly anyways.
- love the new homepage tho!
brackans
Heretic
443 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Marco wrote:

Header / Navbar Rework

- and you can expect these to change ocassionally.

New Sitemap

Sadly, the Documentation site uses a prehistoric layout so unfortunately neither the new header or sitemap are there.

Forum Ads

Creating the appropiate infrastructure for MXLS is not a simple - nor cheap - process.

Great work Macro, love the new homepage!
Just one small thing, you might want to run a spelling check with those underlined words.
Is this better if we use "so unfortunately neither the new header nor sitemap is there"
TomKatz03
Balrog
131 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
It is not great work...
You need to fix better in home page like The history of Median XL - The book of Diablo - Tips for new players - What is Median XL ? - Make less public because it is fucking annoying to see every pub!