Game news and forum updates
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Marco wrote:We made our stance regarding procs and reducing them is a matter of performance. Yes, having the game play by itself from chainprocs looks fun and all, but it undermines server stability and is also kind of stupid. I'm not sure TSW would have been able to hold up with sigma if the proc&density amounts were those of ultimative era. Probably not. Also, they were made more impactful in a way, you have to see the whole proc spectrum, see how many caster procs there are currently vs 3+ years ago.

Saying on kill procs under 10% wont improve kill speed is flat out false, yes its obviously not good vs bosses but neither is ITD, CB, and other stats, and that doesnt make them intrinsically worthless. And dont forget many/most on-kill procs usually have some effect over time, i.e. bloodlust, doom, banish, SoR debuff, poison damage, etc. which is the whole point.

The proc on SSU skull helm is mostly thematic, of course. Did you see the other stats? Its a bonkers helm and uncontested BiS for this build, so I don't really see the issue. Danmaku is an example of the compromise to still keep some of the iconic proc-heavy items, such as Mr. Painless too. But remember, this is no longer the norm. The point is, if you're trying to "revive" the old chainproc fiesta, there are still some items to do this, but its a specific one, not just every item that has a kill/strike proc.

I used to be a proc fanboy back in the day too, but procs come with a lot of issues. Anything with a mild chain-proc potential immediatly becomes mandatory for said item slot / build (i.e. Danmaku on javazon since ever) which causes builds feel like shit if you're not using that item (re: Valthek's Command syndrome).

I appreciate the answer.

I totally get that performance and server stability are major factors, but I think there also is a certain threshold that when you go under it becomes trivial when we exclude buffs. An extra knife every now and again doesn't excite me. A barrage of spells from hanabigami does however. If you say the proc on the helm is just added flavor then okay I get that but cant it just be a bit more than 5%, like 10-15%? Or have it be 5% but make it like a scorpion blade nova, that way it is just a little more exciting but doesn't make the proc op.

Im not really trying to revive any of the chain proc builds like lazyzon and etc, just that a lot of builds don't get any exciting procs anymore imo and I miss that.

One more question, some arrow and other bowzon specific procs items (asgardsreia and hanabigami for example) had their procs cut in half am I right? But did the damage get doubled for compensation? As far as I know it didn't but if it did it was poorly communicated. It would be cool if it got the traprat treatment where you halved quills but doubled damage. WDM procs haven't felt great for a while now, it would boost the power of bag of tricks too which used to get overshadowed by hanagibami because it was just better.
mitekman
Imp
5 | 0
Прокачался до 45го уровня, как мне теперь получить испытание? Я смотрел видео, там надо найти выбить книгу призыва из мини босса в логове диабло возле портала, но почему то её нет, хотя я всех мини боссов перебил. И не выпала.
Uncanny--
Prowler
17 | 1
Solfege wrote:

Build Improvements

• All Elemental Sorceresses

It's time.
► Show Spoiler

Stoked for this!
supersage10
Azure Drake
164 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
villur wrote:
Marco wrote:We made our stance regarding procs and reducing them is a matter of performance. Yes, having the game play by itself from chainprocs looks fun and all, but it undermines server stability and is also kind of stupid. I'm not sure TSW would have been able to hold up with sigma if the proc&density amounts were those of ultimative era. Probably not. Also, they were made more impactful in a way, you have to see the whole proc spectrum, see how many caster procs there are currently vs 3+ years ago.

Saying on kill procs under 10% wont improve kill speed is flat out false, yes its obviously not good vs bosses but neither is ITD, CB, and other stats, and that doesnt make them intrinsically worthless. And dont forget many/most on-kill procs usually have some effect over time, i.e. bloodlust, doom, banish, SoR debuff, poison damage, etc. which is the whole point.

The proc on SSU skull helm is mostly thematic, of course. Did you see the other stats? Its a bonkers helm and uncontested BiS for this build, so I don't really see the issue. Danmaku is an example of the compromise to still keep some of the iconic proc-heavy items, such as Mr. Painless too. But remember, this is no longer the norm. The point is, if you're trying to "revive" the old chainproc fiesta, there are still some items to do this, but its a specific one, not just every item that has a kill/strike proc.

I used to be a proc fanboy back in the day too, but procs come with a lot of issues. Anything with a mild chain-proc potential immediatly becomes mandatory for said item slot / build (i.e. Danmaku on javazon since ever) which causes builds feel like shit if you're not using that item (re: Valthek's Command syndrome).

I appreciate the answer.

I totally get that performance and server stability are major factors, but I think there also is a certain threshold that when you go under it becomes trivial when we exclude buffs. An extra knife every now and again doesn't excite me. A barrage of spells from hanabigami does however. If you say the proc on the helm is just added flavor then okay I get that but cant it just be a bit more than 5%, like 10-15%? Or have it be 5% but make it like a scorpion blade nova, that way it is just a little more exciting but doesn't make the proc op.

Im not really trying to revive any of the chain proc builds like lazyzon and etc, just that a lot of builds don't get any exciting procs anymore imo and I miss that.

One more question, some arrow and other bowzon specific procs items (asgardsreia and hanabigami for example) had their procs cut in half am I right? But did the damage get doubled for compensation? As far as I know it didn't but if it did it was poorly communicated. It would be cool if it got the traprat treatment where you halved quills but doubled damage. WDM procs haven't felt great for a while now, it would boost the power of bag of tricks too which used to get overshadowed by hanagibami because it was just better.

What the hell are you talking out on the trap rat they didn’t touch how many quills or how thorn wall works mechanically they just made the mana quite abit more and they changed the undead crown and plunder broken mechanic to have a cap instead of it being in the thousands and they lowered the deadly strike on crown from 10 to 6% so I’m legit confused on what ur talking about there
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Go back like 2 or 3 patches. These occoured around the end of M17 and sigma launch
shrimp
Daystar
693 | 14
marco you have a drink on me :clap:
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
YESSS!!! New Assassin skills... HELL YEAH! Thanks MXL team!!!!
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
Bowazon remake????
EarthBounder
Bone Archer
70 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Grand -- continues to look great folks. :}
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
New release on my birthday, cool !
Finally less playable classes are getting some rework.
Making Sets more attractive - good move
Hope that is not all and more news are comimg soon :)