Σ 1.2.0 Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
Pr1march
Imp
5 | 0
Zennith wrote:Don't forget everyone, this is their game, and they're gonna make it how they want it, not you.

Loud and clear. That’s exactly why I do my best to Identify and communicate flaws. Some find it annoying, some find it valid. Idc really. I’ve played off and on for about 10 years now and I’ve only just started voicing my opinions in recent years/participating in forum posts. After several patches, I kinda started to give up hope that my favorite build might ever getting fixed and figured I’d do what I could to at least bring attention to it. Could care less about the fallout.
ChaosLeech
Acid Prince
45 | 2
Nothing wrong with constructive criticism.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
Making everybody happy is not devs duty and they should never try to. My hope is the vision of the devs is making every default build(not oskill) for every character are equally strong. I hate meta. This is not dota.
For example in assin : I feel physic < traps<throw< claws
Kylrath
Bone Archer
75 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
When will the new set and SU changes appear in the documentation? I'm really curious :)
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Kylrath wrote:When will the new set and SU changes appear in the documentation? I'm really curious :)

Docs will eventually get updated, probably soon but exact time hasnt been announced.
TgTalcon
Pit Knight
108 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Pr1march wrote:
TgTalcon wrote:
Primarch wrote:It’s a lot more nuanced than “was this a buff patch or a nerf patch?”

The changes should be regarded on a case by case basis.

I received so much hate from the stans on discord for pointing out that the buffs Spearzons received weren't focused on mitigating the most significant drawbacks of the build (survivability and clunky health orb mechanics) but were instead focused on buffing pounce damage (trash mob clear speed) which wasn’t even a major issue. In addition, Great Hunt got nerfed so they are now even less endgame boss viable.

A buff is meaningless if it doesn’t mitigate the build’s core design flaws that make it unplayable.

How hard could it have been to replace 30-40% of the TCD you receive from lioness with a dodge/avoid passive that might help compensate for the small Health pool/lack of block?

S20 stats showed 4% of Amazons played Spearzon. Did you even bother to ask why that might be? Did literally anyone complain about pounce damage being their main issue? The changes made to the tree just seems so out of touch and unnecessary.

4% of people played spearzon because it requires good gear. Ben almost did Sammy on a spearzon with a great hunt build, however MMZon was much stronger so he swapped to that. Also, removing tcd from spearzon for dodge is a very bad change as spear gets insane tcd which you can use Avalor + Paragon for some really solid hp. So the small healthpool is completely incorrect it's quite easy to hit 30k hp on spearzon.

1) I never said remove TCD entirely. I said a portion.

2) So you bring up Arkaine’s valor (damage loss) and going paragon to give Spearzons some semblance of survivability yet fail to comment on the fact that this comes at the cost of curare, which Removes a significant portion of your damage as well. Especially given how many phys/magic immune you find in places like Fauzt. You’re suggesting one should gimp their damage to mediocrity in order to survive basic endgame encounters.

3) This also brings up another point... If Spearzons also require paragon to survive in endgame content, can you name a single zon build that benefits from Curare? If so, why did it get buffed this patch if no one can afford to use it anyways?

4) If a build requires “good gear” to be even halfway viable and still comes out lackluster, wouldn’t that mean it pales in comparison to other builds and needs to be touched up? We aren’t talking about some Niche mana Sweep Sorc that one rapes everything with required SSSU’s here. We’re talking about a cookie-cutter Amazon talent tree build that remains unviable after multiple patches. That alone should warrant a rework.

Nothing I’m saying is radical or edgy. It’s common sense. Honestly, I might not even play this patch at this point. It’s just the principle of having a dead build that no one wants to play for several patches and doing nothing about it that I feel warrants condemnation. The worst part is that there are so many people who havent even played one in recent years that are offering up theoretical notions of viability in an attempt to contradict my direct observations.

If I’m full of shit, why don’t you prove me wrong and play one this season. Tell me how much endgame content you can clear this patch with the new “buff”.

(Also, why was my forum account suspended with a “last warning” for the post I just made? It didn’t violate any of the community standards and I never received any other warnings.)

1. Removing a portion of TCD to apply Dodge/avoid is not a solid way to deal with anything, TCD covers lack of block by reducing chance to be hit to 5%
2. Curare is more geared towards bowzon now with the changes to bowzon, and not so much to spearzon, Spearzon can get loads of physical resist quite easily, and has a lot of easily available procs as well. This can cover a lot of damage, as for "immunities" there are no immune mobs in fauzt, so I'm unsure what you're speaking about. There are Resistant mobs for sure, however they aren't immune. Which means that the change from phys to magic on Pounce + the 33% damage increase should cover this "lack of damage" quite well as enemies typically don't have magic absorb, and even hardliners die quick to something like magic missiles?
3. Practically the same question, answered in 2.
4. It required good gear before, however with changes to sets etc it is quite possible that it'll work on lesser gear now, we don't really know much about how low level the sets will be, nor the set changes yet, but it's quite possible that making cele a 4 piece set will improve it's usefulness for early on with a spearzon.

As for someone who claims I haven't played a spearzon, I have. I tried to make all zons work patch 1 of sigma on budget gear, or on wonky set ups (rip hammer of jholm not working with lioness) and I didn't really have issues with the spearzon at all. I cleared fauzt, and teganze mostly with it, with little to no struggles. Was it amazing OMG Opieop? No, but it was far from useless or weak. The fact that someone could even attempt using it in a Sammy fight is impressive for the build. My neutraldin probably wouldn't do much in sammy, outside of a afk tankfest for an hour due to voj dmg vs bosses being abysmal, however I still cleared everything except laz, sammy, and void ( I dislike void fight and find it 20 minutes of sleep time, but easily tankable did it in previous ladder without any issues) As for Laz, I don't really know the mechanics of the fight so I couldn't say.

Anyway, what I'm saying is, you launching a verbal attack at the devs because they didn't touch that one build you love, so you need to hate on them a whole shit ton seems a bit childish to me. There are changes and buffs to the zon, and there are ways to have survivability without lacking a lot of damage, 33% dmg increase is a pretty good number that's a solid 1/3rd damage. Maybe I'm wrong and it's absolutely trash, who knows. Most Spearzons are farmer specs using pounce, so I think thats fine if they're used for that, like a wolf druid is used for harbinger.
Geeko
Jungle Hunter
29 | 1
It's really annoying to see people whining about getting buffs when my own favorite class (barb) was nerfed not too long ago. Be happy with what you got!
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Where is the documentation about new sets and enchanted runes ?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
boozek wrote:Where is the documentation about new sets and enchanted runes ?

will be up probably in next hours
usling
Cog
243 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Marco wrote:
boozek wrote:Where is the documentation about new sets and enchanted runes ?

will be up probably in next hours

NICE :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: