Σ 1.2.0 Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
FuriousBEAR
Cog
204 | 11
clueso wrote:I wish you would bring back more iconic skills in the future, like Firewall, Meteor, Blizzard, Phoenix Strike, Exploding Arrow, Immolation Arrow, Valkyrie, Shadow Warrior, Bone Spear, Bone Spirit.

Please don't turn this awesome mod into another diablo 2
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
FuriousBEAR wrote:
clueso wrote:I wish you would bring back more iconic skills in the future, like Firewall, Meteor, Blizzard, Phoenix Strike, Exploding Arrow, Immolation Arrow, Valkyrie, Shadow Warrior, Bone Spear, Bone Spirit.

Please don't turn this awesome mod into another diablo 2

Yes there's a balance to be struck between new and old. Although this mod shows just how much the devs at Blizzard could have done in d2, if only they'd thought of it and kept developing it (I never understood why they don't develop the diablo universe more than they ever have, it seems their most popular game setting).

I welcome the return of the Lightning Fury zon, because it was very much a fun build to play BUT...

It was a cow-running build. You had to learn how to herd and...
    You also had inventory charms where each cold dmg charm added 1s freeze, which combined with pierce could freeze packs of cows solid for a long time

The latter is not as important for a LF zon as for a bowzon but now that cows are super-fast (so, hard to herd) and the loot is crap, the use case for a LF zon may be a bit limited - not sure how it will fare since even dense areas like Fautz aren't really all that dense compared to herded cows.

Can only suck it and see I guess.
Vikan
Phoboss's Bane
177 | 171
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
morphXL wrote:Got any suggestions for dealing with necrobots?

kortt
Core Lord
393 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
:-D :-D :-D
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Frytas wrote:
Goatmilk wrote:So much for being excited for bringing back the elemental sorc builds.. what a joke. UHM is going to be good for sure, but the announcement for the patch made it sound like there'd be super amazing changes for a lot of stuff that just didn't get, well anything that matters really. -_-

Not sure what's up with the downvotes, you're right. After the announcement, I expected a general buff to ele & poison trees but it ended up being a single target skill rework + pyroblast and tempest buffs. I guess you gotta agree with every change(or lack thereof) blindly no matter what.

How are you any different than these "blind agreers"? You're making the opposite argument with the same lack of information and playtesting.

It's a bit amusing when people say the announced sorc changes were "misleading" when word by word, what happened is exactly what was announced. I encourage everyone that thinks so to actually read the "Build Improvements" paragraph and not jump directly into the builds list to assume they are getting an amount of changes on par with new assassin build.

On the other hand seeing certain people demand early patch notes only to get super salty and cynical at some random "taken out of context" changes, makes me question if we should do early log releases at all. This endless battle between conspiracy theorists and believers is just getting too old and toxic. Now it seems that if you support a change you're dumb because the devs are just trying to fuck us over.

Even calling buffs "a nerf" seems to be the trend now and I've even heard (multiple times now) that this blatantly obvious buff patch is a "nerf patch".

Oh well. Keep it civil folks, is all I ask.
kingkoopa300
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Can't wait to see these new runes
Vikan
Phoboss's Bane
177 | 171
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
It should go without saying but there is a super secret runeword that uses 6 enchanted runes isn't there?
MaxPower
Invader
8 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Looking good guys! Excited to play :-D
sujan2016
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Missing Creep Runewords with Sorc Morph and trinity Nova.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
inori92 wrote:The Frozen Orb set better be amazing, otherwise this is another patch with two viable sorc builds, Melee and Mana. What a waste of an elemental caster class.

Wait and see. I have plans for Fire Sorc. Once I figure out how to work around its flaws, it should be a fairly decent build.