Σ 1.2.0 Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
AVK95
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
AVK95 wrote:Unholy melee paladin looks absurdly powerful and broken...
1. 10 min buff duration
2. Vitality scaling for damage in place of energy factor - tons of life and damage
3. Ignore target defense from the tree! - no need to invest in dex
4. Increased damage and AOE on all skills

Am I wrong in my analysis? This looks really strong! If only someone can guide me how to make a unholy paladin, never played him before!

Also sorc buffs feels disappointing, her elemental and arcane trees are barely improved.

Ignore Target Defense doesn't work on bosses

You got to be kidding... so you mean this extremely rare SU only modifier is garbage? You will need to heavily invest in AR then if that's the case!
inori92
Pit Knight
113 | 28
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
"Considerable improvements" for elemental sorceresses, where?

Arachnomancy becomes single target, every other spell is still noncompetitive vs. other classes' overall single target / bossing capabilities.... 25% damage increase to Arcane Torrent and Tempest though, lol

Anyone here looking forward to being an Abyss / Flamestrike / Thunderstone sorc after level 100? lol

The Frozen Orb set better be amazing, otherwise this is another patch with two viable sorc builds, Melee and Mana. What a waste of an elemental caster class.
itsme
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Kurne wrote:also the unholy melee paladin doesn't use attack rating...? i don't think? he's a melee "caster" isn't he?

You need to pass AR check to get melee attack procs to go off and UHM is one of the best builds to make use of elemental ones.
Gorghor
Bone Archer
77 | 4
inori92 wrote:"Considerable improvements" for elemental sorceresses, where?

Arachnomancy becomes single target, every other spell is still noncompetitive vs. other classes' overall single target / bossing capabilities.... 25% damage increase to Arcane Torrent and Tempest though, lol

Anyone here looking forward to being an Abyss / Flamestrike / Thunderstone sorc after level 100? lol

The Frozen Orb set better be amazing, otherwise this is another patch with two viable sorc builds, Melee and Mana. What a waste of an elemental caster class.

This. Was really looking forward to this, they basically did nothing. The zon stuff is lackluster too, along with nerfs to all specs using weapon damage scaling.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kurne wrote:i like how the only actual change to the spearazon was another nerf >_> xD lol... sigh... still a class with super buggy skills. maybe next patch x.x... also the unholy melee paladin doesn't use attack rating...? i don't think? he's a melee "caster" isn't he?

I honestly laughed. Spearzons have been relegated to meme-status. The pounce buff, while welcome, does nothing to make them more viable in endgame content. Their only use now is farming trash mobs (Not in DLAB of course. You’re completely useless there). Dead build/10

“B-but Ben- killed Samael with a Spearzon. They must be in a good place. Nevermind the fact that It took Ben- 18 minutes with pooled resources, top-of-the-line gear, and a pure glass-cannon build that probably couldn’t handle the normal median XL environment.” Great Hunt isn’t even that strong compared to other multi-hitting abilities and it got a fat nerf. I imagine the thought behind this was “enemies have less magic resist now” but I don’t remember reading anything about bosses having less magic resist which, you know, already pose the most significant challenge for Spearzons as it is. Also, 75% of the hits = 75% of the profs. GG

Also, “let’s buff curare and add a poison element to bow-tree as if you aren’t forced to spec into Paragon and kill everything immediately to survive, anyways.”
Edited by Primarch 4 years.
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Nerfs to Holy Melee Paladin:
1 Changes to Enhanced Weapon Damage gained from stats on base items
2 GOTTERDAMMERUNG: now adds 400 maximum damage, down from 500
3 REBEL: stat rolls now 151-200 on the enhanced version

Buffs to Holy Melee Paladin:
1 Few more jewel slots

Thats a FeelsWeirdMan from me. Nerfing HMP's core items every patch.
JustinSymbio
Cultist
23 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I really wish there was some specifics on the set stuff. :(
Ratmslasher
Prowler
17 | 6
Bowzon comments:

1) Is Trinity Arrow meant to be boss/single target damage? or AOE?

2) I know the desire was to increase overall survivability of Bowzon.
Phys Res addition to Dragonlore definitely helps...
However I suspect to maintain enough DPS in endgame content (130+) we still need max Ecstatic Frenzy, which with 0-defense I fear we will still get wrekt

3) Also by changes to Dragonlore Ele-Pierce, it seems we want to make Elemental Bowzon Great Again. While I agree, it means dropping alot of physical damage & hence effective leech in endgame content... Also a side-step backwards for survivability.

4) "Duration is now fixed at 2 seconds (damage per second unchanged)
Damage increased by 27%"
I'm confused; so is damage increased or the same? (I thought poison damage was only damage-per-second).

5) Is there a strong reason why Runewords can't be made with Gems installed instead of jewels?
Due to Paragon, this general-RW mechanic makes runewords extremely less appealing for Amazons.
(Not sure if other classes have similar mechanic).
Last ladder I played exclusively bowzon.... Paragon was mandatory for end-game content.
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
can we expect some season 20 stats any day soon ?
Pain
Azure Drake
162 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Ratmslasher wrote:Bowzon comments:

1) Single target
2) I still think it wont be lab viable build, ye, but much better now in fauzt

3) :mrgreen:
4) The skill now has 27% more total damage than before with 2 sec duration
5) I cant recall if it's possible but doubt they'll implement it, jewels>gems, poor sad bowzon
Edited by Pain 4 years.