Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
kissofaries wrote:massive number of deaths in act 2 sewer incoming

Marco wrote:Hatred difficulty will be easened to compensate for the lack of mystic orbs
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Marco wrote:- The major issue with mystic orbs is that they make hatred too easy for experienced players and too difficult for a new player if he doesn't use them.

Macro just assumed some new player's gender.
Arc_Razer
Grubber
303 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
kissofaries wrote:
massive number of deaths in act 2 sewer incoming

or dont stand in pest firebombs
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Marco wrote:- Many concepts in median are not properly introduced to players, if introduced at all. How will one know about for example, honorific items, unless they thorougly read the documentation first? To solve this, we are introducing new reagents with practical descriptions to allow players to learn things about the game as they play, and have that information detailed on the very item that is required to create the recipe. This is an improved method to what items like Pearls of Wisdom tried to achieve, without success due to the fact that they were impractical and had no use (and didn't provide any actual benefit over using the documentation).

- These kind of items will be cleverly placed in certain quest bosses / unique monsters drops, so that players are guaranteed to find these items and progressively learn the new concepts and recipes as they advance through the game. This will also give more purpose to these areas/monsters as they'll have a meaningul drop.

Very nice, on both points. This is the sort of small stuff I always wanted, but didn't want to bother Laz/Marco about. :D

One of the neat things in Aftermath is that various bosses in the game drop useful items that you can't get in any other way, so you always have that sense of progression and reward when you kill them. In MXL you could do the same thing with Catalysts, for example.

Just one thing though, I hope you don't make it so that you need to go back and kill some low level boss to collect something that you will use a lot of, like Oils. That's one thing I dislike about Griswold. In Hatred he's fine since he only drops some non-disenchantable TUs, but the Terror drop is so useful that players farm him even after he becomes a joke to kill.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Marco wrote:While it might look like a rather insignificant change at first sight, it's part of a bigger set of changes that will make the game significantly easier for newcomers while keeping the game difficulty for existing players fun and challenging as it is now.

It gets more intuitive, sweet.
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
I am back to Median after a good while and see this thread. I am impressed that you guys are working so nicely on this Mod. I am really looking forward to this patch and further updates! I appreciate all the work guys. Good to be back here :).

I don't know if i have missed it maybe but will there be a ladder reset coming along with the patch? Would be awesome!
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Jaxon wrote:I don't know if i have missed it maybe but will there be a ladder reset coming along with the patch? Would be awesome!

From the main post:

> The patch is expected to be released somewhere around may. Exact date will be announced some day.

This patch will include a ladder reset.
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
ShadowDawn wrote:
Jaxon wrote:I don't know if i have missed it maybe but will there be a ladder reset coming along with the patch? Would be awesome!

From the main post:

> The patch is expected to be released somewhere around may. Exact date will be announced some day.

This patch will include a ladder reset.

Hype! Thanks mate.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
M'17 alpha is finished :)

there will be a private testing phase for a couple weeks before the release.

stay tuned :-D
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
*blasts "The Final Countdown" from loudspeakers on the roof" HYPE!!