Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
anyway wrote:Hello i got 2 stupid questions cause im out off touch sorry is median XL 2017 the same as sigma or sigma will be different but with the 2017 core and will i be able to play on more than 800x600 ?

sigma and 2017 r different things, 2017 hve some of the features imported from sigma It is still on 800x600
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
anyway
Imp
4 | 0
Rishab wrote:
anyway wrote:Hello i got 2 stupid questions cause im out off touch sorry is median XL 2017 the same as sigma or sigma will be different but with the 2017 core and will i be able to play on more than 800x600 ?

sigma and 2017 r different things, 2017 hve some of the features imported from sigma It is still on 800x600

Gotcha ty
urabus
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
The previous char will not work in ML2017 right?
Quash
Stone Warrior
30 | 1
So... This coming friday when MXL 2017 gets released. I can't seem to find hard facts about what resolution(s) I can run it in. I'm currently running 1280x960 using D2SE with Glide, but if MXL 2017 has it's own launcher and no longer supports D2SE that worries me a bit... I've tried doing the old D2 standard 800x600, but my current monitor just does not deal with that very well. Can't do it full screen, and the window is so tiny it's barely playable :( So I'm a little worried if 800x600 is the only possible option. Anyone here able to confirm or deny my worries? Or maybe give tips on how to make it work/look/feel the best.
Edited by Quash 6 years.
LG_Blitz
Bone Archer
70 | 5
Don't mean to burst your bubble, but yeah, it's been stated that it will run on 800x600 res util Sigma comes out.
Quash
Stone Warrior
30 | 1
LG_Blitz wrote:Don't mean to burst your bubble, but yeah, it's been stated that it will run on 800x600 res util Sigma comes out.
Damn... I was afraid that would be the answer. But thanks for 100% confirming it for me... Any tips on how to deal with that on current monitors? Plus D2SE lets you confine the cursor to the window, so you don't die the second you click outside of it, which is a godsend feature when playing in a tiny window.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Glide simply changes the resolution of the window - not the resolution the game runs at. The launcher supports glide just fine, you will still be able to play with whatever window resolution you want in M2017.

The in game resolution (how far you can see) won't be increasing until Sigma.
Quash
Stone Warrior
30 | 1
Ah nice.... As long as I can make the window larger like Glide does with D2SE it's all good :) Thanks a ton for the quick confirmation, info and help <3
nikolaipka
Core Lord
380 | 17
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
suchbalance wrote:Glide simply changes the resolution of the window - not the resolution the game runs at. The launcher supports glide just fine, you will still be able to play with whatever window resolution you want in M2017.

The in game resolution (how far you can see) won't be increasing until Sigma.

Yes but last time when i tried I got terrible pc lag with glide and no lag with DD.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Depends on your pc and glide settings - it won't run well on a potato. Also there is something about disabling desktop composition for some systems, which made it not lag for w/e reason, - check the launcher thread.