Median XL 2017

Game news and forum updates
grantisimo
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I just think its unfortunate to advertise a date on a video that now has 44k views and not have it come with a multiplayer release. This is a big opportunity to get new players in, especially with the recent popularity of D2 mods via the PoE streamers/PoD mod.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
grantisimo wrote:I just think its unfortunate to advertise a date on a video that now has 44k views and not have it come with a multiplayer release. This is a big opportunity to get new players in, especially with the recent popularity of D2 mods via the PoE streamers/PoD mod.

Well that's in the case that they don't make it a full reset. I think most people would like to see a ladder reset, while others want a week of SP testing.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
demonshalo wrote:
Solfege wrote:That's probably a safe assumption. And it would make sense considering the new core and the new-player outreach program. Last thing the devs need is to have a reset, with a bunch of new players, only to have lots of bugs pop up that weren't discovered during testing (or something like that). Plus, it would give more time to update the docs, finish the launcher, etc. before the real show starts.

Still, it would be nice to have a concrete answer one way or the other.

The problem with that is that now we have to start in SP and then redo everything on MP once it's launched a week or so later. kinda sucks tbh :/

I'm ok with starting SP, then moving to realm. Gives me a chance to try stuff out before jumping right into the competition once ladder finally resets. It also means the beta testers won't have as much of an advantage now. I get that others won't feel the same way, though.
grantisimo
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
L H wrote:
grantisimo wrote:I just think its unfortunate to advertise a date on a video that now has 44k views and not have it come with a multiplayer release. This is a big opportunity to get new players in, especially with the recent popularity of D2 mods via the PoE streamers/PoD mod.

Well that's in the case that they don't make it a full reset. I think most people would like to see a ladder reset, while others want a week of SP testing.

I was under the impression it has been in a CB with dedicated testers for a couple weeks now? Would think that would be more fruitful than having a bunch of people play through the first couple difficulties... Then again this is just my desire for a reset tomorrow morning talking :)
Edited by grantisimo 6 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
grantisimo wrote:
I was under the impression it has been in a CB with dedicated testers for a couple weeks now?

Closed Alpha. The Beta version was being touched up with the changelog release.
SpamBomb
Monkey King
257 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
tbh i think not having the reset and release together could cause a lot of confusion with new players that being said i still wouldn't mind a open beta before reset either just having servers 100% off so people can't connect and get confused
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
No doubt it'll cause confusion--it already is. It makes sense to have a delay, though. At least, in terms of logistics.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I hope we'll hear something about it soon™ to clear it up.

EDIT: Look's like we got our answer. Patch and Season 14 coming at the same time (See timer name change). LETS GO BOYS!
Pyrre
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
What! is it not going to realm at release !!! wth :( me and a bud was excited for ladder reset this weekend.....
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Pyrre wrote:What! is it not going to realm at release !!! wth :( me and a bud was excited for ladder reset this weekend.....

Please read more carefully. It was released on ModDB, but it is single player only.

The timer on top of the forum is the countdown for the realm reset.