Median XL 2017

Game news and forum updates
MrFunk
Bone Archer
77 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Marco wrote:For what it's worth, we made him aware that he would be tributed with an item before he passed away.

---

On a more happy note, we will announce 2017 release date in the next 1-2 days :)

I think it's worth a lot to him. It probably made him happy and will remind any of his friends that play of the times they spent together.

That makes it worth it.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Marco wrote:---

On a more happy note, we will announce 2017 release date in the next 1-2 days :)

To put this back on topic
qweqwe
Cog
230 | 4
Marco wrote:For what it's worth, we made him aware that he would be tributed with an item before he passed away

I just think it was great that he was aware he would be tributed before he passed away.
greenfever
Dark Huntress
11 | 3
HYYYYYYPE :bounce:
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
So we'll know the release date in 1-2 day, not it will release in -1,2 day.
greenfever
Dark Huntress
11 | 3
tranvanhieu wrote:So we'll know the release date in 1-2 day, not it will release in -1,2 day.

Yes :flip:
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Another set of features to make the game less documentation-dependant, is the implementation of "Challenge Scrolls".

But before you say "but Mavro - pearls of wisdom 2.0 ??", these are actually a bit different - since each scroll will drop at a part of the game where you are actually interested in said challenge - rather than finding useless uberquest locations in blood moor, like Pearls of Wisdom were. Additionally, these scrolls are more readable and straight to the point.

As an example, you will find LC1 scroll from Diablo, at which point you are likely around levels 40-42.

Some screenshots:

As far as Black Road Challenge goes, each trial recipe will provide you with a scroll containing the information for the next trial. For a new player, it will be much more exciting to be guided by the game step by step, especially when they become stuck at Trial of Blood and want to throw their computer out of the window.
Telkir
Skeleton
2 | 0
Just wanted to unlurk and say how awesome everything is looking for the new release. My body is ready for the release date announcement... :clap: :-D
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
1 thing i noticed is now that LC2 is done by killing DP instead of tal rasha (feel like de ja vu, i forgot where was LC 2 in median 2008 before laz changed it into tal rasha instead)

now i wonder if there a method to communicate about cube recipe, even im myself tend to forget about it.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Maybe it will be more handy if you'll add also Act number/how-to-get-there info in location string, like it already done in docs. Some locations of ubers are too unused in clod so not everyone will know where to search them.