Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Scalewinged wrote:Will 2017 include areas' increasing? Or will it be another one replace?

From the [2017] Core Announcement: viewtopic.php?p=96004

EXTENDED LEVELS
One of the most annoying limits of a soft-coded mod is the fact that no areas can be added to the game. Instead, existing areas need to be replaced. The game currently has 136 areas that can be used, and this limit is pushed to 255, nearly a 100% increment. This will enable us to greatly increase the game world, add new quests and areas, and give a proper location to the uberquests that are currently occupying act 2 and act 3 quest areas - which is confusing to new players.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I know about core.... but i wonder about 2017 patch. It might be usual mpq or totally new patch with dlls.
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Scalewinged wrote:I know about core.... but i wonder about 2017 patch. It might be usual mpq or totally new patch with dlls.

Well it says that in the top part of the post:

We are happy to announce one of the biggest surprises regarding Median XL 2017 - the MXL Core. This is basically a set of really cool features that we are able to implement by reverse-engineering the game's source code, as well as injecting our own. This marks a new era in Median XL, with endless possibilities and so many cool new features.

The way i understood that post is that everything listed there will be part of the 2017 patch, including the new areas etc.

Also it says "[2017] Core Announcement", which should mean its for the 2017 version, not just sigma.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Core announcement is of the next patch which is Median2017, how can it be confusing for anyone that it would need clarification..
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
After playing some aftermath, I started to respect you even MORE than I was before, my dear MXL TEAM! Thank you for a polished, clean, enjoyable product! For a great, extreme-comfortable site and a amazing server with several gateways! For a clean, informative and understandable documentation, for useful and PROPERLY WORKING tools. For effort, and most imporant, TIME, you Guys put into this thing for FREE. Im way2poor to donate now, but you can always can rely on my moral and any other support I can provide to you (propaganda for example).
Please, take your time, one, two months, as many as you need to release a great stuff as you usually do! Fuck rushers and whiners, take it slowly, outcome product what does really matter. Real MXL gangsters learned to be patient, rest are free to install Heartstone :lol: .

► Show Spoiler
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
mahitovec wrote:
► Show Spoiler

It's always that way.

After you learn how bad and fucked up nowadays games are you simply start appreciating this mod that has everything a gamer's heart really needs.
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Is there any chance we'll finally see leveling and end-game scepters (TU/RW/SU) for the Stormzon in MXL17?

Maybe make a thread for scepter item ideas if needed?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

This is the new item required to create honorifics. While it might look like a rather insignificant change at first sight, it's part of a bigger set of changes that will make the game significantly easier for newcomers while keeping the game difficulty for existing players fun and challenging as it is now.

- The major issue with mystic orbs is that they make hatred too easy for experienced players and too difficult for a new player if he doesn't use them. %Resistances orbs are a prime example of this, allowing players to have 75% resistances by the end of act 1. To reduce the usage/effectiveness of mystic orbs in the early game, the orb prices will be increased and Mark of Infusion will be obtainable starting from act 5. This will make the early usage of mystic orbs time-ineffective, which will discourage people from using them early on, however this change will have little to no impact in the later stages of the game. Hatred difficulty will be easened to compensate for the lack of mystic orbs, which will greatly benefit newcomers.

- Many concepts in median are not properly introduced to players, if introduced at all. How will one know about for example, honorific items, unless they thorougly read the documentation first? To solve this, we are introducing new reagents with practical descriptions to allow players to learn things about the game as they play, and have that information detailed on the very item that is required to create the recipe. This is an improved method to what items like Pearls of Wisdom tried to achieve, without success due to the fact that they were impractical and had no use (and didn't provide any actual benefit over using the documentation).

- These kind of items will be cleverly placed in certain quest bosses / unique monsters drops, so that players are guaranteed to find these items and progressively learn the new concepts and recipes as they advance through the game. This will also give more purpose to these areas/monsters as they'll have a meaningul drop.
SpamBomb
Monkey King
257 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
badass
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
massive number of deaths in act 2 sewer incoming