[2017] Core Announcement

Game news and forum updates
Jakkt
Rust Claw
85 | 7
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I love how a community can be brought together on an outdated game to make an entirely new concept. I'm simply goddamn amazed. Thanks for all your hard work as modders. If we the community can do anything to give back, we'll do our best.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Marco wrote:If anything goes wrong, we'll simply provide the files as we have done before, with the only difference that there will be more than one file and it will necessarily require 1.13c.

So glad to hear that. Nice to see that you still keep the old method in mind, guys.
BUBU
Cultist
20 | 1
Marco wrote:
Extended Levels

One of the most annoying limits of a soft-coded mod is the fact that no areas can be added to the game. Instead, existing areas need to be replaced. The game currently has 136 areas that can be used, and this limit is pushed to 255, nearly a 100% increment. This will enable us to greatly increase the game world, add new quests and areas, and give a proper location to the uberquests that are currently occupying act 2 and act 3 quest areas - which is confusing to new players.

Really looking forward to this :mrgreen:

My question is, have you already created new quests, and are they going to be quests which you receive from an NPC?
Loremaster
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Thank you for the quick response Marco. Once the launcher is released I can provide logs and info :pop:
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Will the new core be supported only by WinXP as it was told somewhere loooong time ago on old forum?
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
can anyone confirm that the "non-ladder characters" concept will be dropped?
NikafieNd
Abomination
152 | 7
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Scalewinged wrote:Will the new core be supported only by WinXP as it was told somewhere loooong time ago on old forum?

Lets hope not, i mean i used winxp up till the point microsoft stopped supporting and releasing security updates for it, so who in their right mind would still be using it.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Marco wrote:However, we have always been advocates of map revealing, because let's be fair - Diablo's DLRG system (the way areas/mazes are randomly generated) is no longer that exciting after nearly 20 years. For this, we are implementing in-game map revealing via NPCs. Say good-bye to cheating!

"random" :D If you know how maps are generated you never need to reveal the map. I like however that we need a NPC to reveal the maps. So will Cain still be of use after removing unidentified items?

I'm really excited about the patch! I guess the time has come to finally download the MXL launcher
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Gekko64 wrote:can anyone confirm that the "non-ladder characters" concept will be dropped?

Yes. MXL17 will be totally fresh. Plus, I don't think the NL characters would sync up with the new patch. But to answer your question, confirmed, yes.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I wasn't asking if the current characters will be still available though, I was asking if the concept of "you can play non-ladder if you want" will be removed because I've seen it mentioned in the shoutbox