Σ 1.3.4 Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
Goatmilk
Thunder Beetle
56 | 3
ChangeLog wrote:Removed arcane shard pile drops from act bosses as they are unnecessary with new quest crystal rewards

Yeah, "unnecessary" lol. 1 or 2 crystals isn't near as good as being able to farm Mephisto to actually upgrade your weak TU's. :( Still looking forward to playing the patch, but not super excited either.
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Goatmilk wrote:
ChangeLog wrote:Removed arcane shard pile drops from act bosses as they are unnecessary with new quest crystal rewards

Yeah, "unnecessary" lol. 1 or 2 crystals isn't near as good as being able to farm Mephisto to actually upgrade your weak TU's. :( Still looking forward to playing the patch, but not super excited either.

Meph never dropped shards... he drops 2 TUs.

And nihlathak still drops 3 TUs
Goatmilk
Thunder Beetle
56 | 3
Seekers wrote:
Goatmilk wrote:

Oops! Thats good then. :)

Btw what's the ND on Wildfire? Does the huge fpa from bear morph benefit the skill that much, or is it just for thorn strike/new name?
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Goatmilk wrote:
Seekers wrote:
Goatmilk wrote:

Oops! Thats good then. :)

Btw what's the ND on Wildfire? Does the huge fpa from bear morph benefit the skill that much, or is it just for thorn strike/new name?

Pretty sure it has no ND but it just changed from the awful firewall mechanic, that hits 500 times per frame, to just normal missiles which hit way less often. But this could be wrong.
Ninian1988
Imp
5 | 0
Laserblade ++ DEF yeet!!
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Amazing patch for Assassin players :clap:
TheError
Rust Claw
82 | 1
Soulbond: increased healing amount and aura effect range

I assume this one is just for the new Stormeye totem and not for general totem seeking range right?
theage900
Bone Archer
77 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Werewolf:
can now use Crystal Swords

Dex Wolf build ?
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
"Four reworked base items (Crystal Sword, Battle Axe, Short Battle Bow, Stag Bow) which have no base physical damage but spawn with elemental instead
"

I don't know if devs realize this, but this is a massive nerf to physical bowzons and let me tell you why. Stag bow and reflex bow are the only bow bases in the game for amazon that have 0.21% damage per point of dexterity, while all of the other bows have only 0.17. THE PROBLEM is that stag bow requires 292% attack speed for last frame, while reflex bow requires 456% attack speed, which is absurd and you will never hit that frame with reflex bow unless you invest an absurd amount of currency and then it's still doubtful. If you choose to use non amazon bows, you lose as much as 20% of total damage from dexterity, which is about 300% enhanced weapon damage with decent gear.

If this is not intentional, then my suggestion would be to bring reflex bow to stag bow's values or increase regular bows' dexterity bonus to amazon bows' values. It's quite a big nerf for endgame bowzons and I see no reason why because it's hardly a tier 1 build for lab. The farming speed is barely changed due to how wyrmshot functions, but this affects lab performance the most.

I don't understand why would you nerf askarbydd? Nobody ever uses askarbydd to farm. A crafted bow is much better. Askarbydd is exceptional at certain bosses and extremely important in labyrinth on higher tiers.

And I get that orb of brutality was a bit too strong, but this affects bowzons as well, so it's another nerf on top of all the others.
Edited by Celestialray 4 years.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Looks good.

Quest rewards are brought in line with the rest of the game, and there are some minor tweaks to Dungeons+Rifts that should reduce the overall frustration-factor for certain quests (e.g. J-Day, D-Baal charm, etc.). And, most importantly, Sorc remained mostly untouched. :-D