Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i had never been so excited with a game/mod trailer. :clap:
Jelle
Cultist
24 | 0
L H wrote:
Jelle wrote:
well, yeah obviously we're not getting 700 new ones, but are we getting 0, 5 or 20?

On the forums Marco posted that: "You can obviously expect new endgame content as well, such as new uberquests and items.", yet the trailer says there will be 40 uberquests (and considering that we already have 40, this implies no new ones).

The info put out so far is confusing and contradicting, which is why I'm asking for some clarification.

All of this information will be in the changelog when it is released. Some uberquests might be changed, as opposed to "new ones".

Again, obviously.

It's just weird trying to build a hype machine around a "massive update", which we currently have no clue* what contains.

*okay, that's pretty harsh. We do have some clue, but it's pretty hard to tell which of the information given out thus far is accurate and which is not.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
it's been explained 10 times that this trailer is aimed for non-median players, what part is unclear?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jelle wrote:
Again, obviously.

It's just weird trying to build a hype machine around a "massive update", which we currently have no clue* what contains.

*okay, that's pretty harsh. We do have some clue, but it's pretty hard to tell which of the information given out thus far is accurate and which is not.

The info that has been posted in the mxl17 screenshot thread and teasers and trailers is all accurate. I'm with Marco. Dunno where your confusion is coming from. Just wait for the changelog. That's all anyone can say.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
reading through changelog is one of the best thing for me.

Even though I havent play dota2 lately, the newest patch got me very excited, even more than patch 7.00
Jelle
Cultist
24 | 0
L H wrote:
Jelle wrote:
Again, obviously.

The info that has been posted in the mxl17 screenshot thread and teasers and trailers is all accurate. I'm with Marco. Dunno where your confusion is coming from. Just wait for the changelog. That's all anyone can say.

Marco wrote:it's been explained 10 times that this trailer is aimed for non-median players, what part is unclear?

What I just posted.. Let me try to make it as precise as possible:

Median 2017 announcement thread: "There will obviously be new ubers"
Implied from trailer video: "There will not be new ubers (unless the amount of the previous ones removed exactly matches the new ones added)"

If you don't find that unclear, then I rest my case & wish you a good day.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jelle wrote:Implied

Keyword there. Regardless, the trailer didn't even show nearly all the ubers or content. The date was announced. Everyone is anxious to see what's new, myself included. Just gotta wait a bit longer hopefully.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jelle wrote:What I just posted.. Let me try to make it as precise as possible:

Implied from trailer video: "There will not be new ubers (unless the amount of the previous ones removed exactly matches the new ones added)"

okay:
- The 40 ubers is the trailer just a number. It's called rounding. Just like the trailer mentions 500 runewords, 700 uniques, etc. I haven't even bothered to check the exact numbers of uberquests. It's an estimation.
- There won't be a new uber per-se, but there will be new uber content. This contains many rebalanced bosses and even new ones (such as Xazax). Not to mention the removal of heroic shields will have an impact here as well, and some reworked ubermaps.
- There was an intention to add a brand new uberquest, but due to the point mentioned above, and time constraints, it is unlikely at this point.
- The announcement topic mentions new uberquests and items but these might come in future 2017 updates - so technically the answer is yes, but not yet. The first release is mainly focused on rebalancing, followed by content updates logically.
Jelle
Cultist
24 | 0
Marco wrote:
Jelle wrote:What I just posted.. Let me try to make it as precise as possible:

okay:
- The 40 ubers is the trailer just a number. It's called rounding. Just like the trailer mentions 500 runewords, 700 uniques, etc. I haven't even bothered to check the exact numbers of uberquests. It's an estimation.
- There won't be a new uber per-se, but there will be new uber content. This contains many rebalanced bosses and even new ones (such as Xazax). Not to mention the removal of heroic shields will have an impact here as well, and some reworked ubermaps.
- There was an intention to add a brand new uberquest, but due to the point mentioned above, and time constraints, it is unlikely at this point.
- The announcement topic mentions new uberquests and items but these might come in future 2017 updates - so technically the answer is yes, but not yet. The first release is mainly focused on rebalancing, followed by content updates logically.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time