Core Lord
380 | 17
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jelle wrote:Compared to the previous version how much is new of the mentioned: Improved monster AI, 700 new uniques, 500 new runewords, 35 new sets, improved mercs, Great community (That one is definitely new :mrgreen: )

Since now the target group is gathering new players not the current players (or maybe I think so) I guess theese numbers are compared to cLoD. I doubt we have 700 new uniques compared even to Omega or first version of Median. Target group here is to get new players attention.
Psyko
Destroyer
7 | 0
nikolaipka wrote:
Jelle wrote:Compared to the previous version how much is new of the mentioned: Improved monster AI, 700 new uniques, 500 new runewords, 35 new sets, improved mercs, Great community (That one is definitely new :mrgreen: )

Since now the target group is gathering new players not the current players (or maybe I think so) I guess theese numbers are compared to cLoD. I doubt we have 700 new uniques compared even to Omega or first version of Median. Target group here is to get new players attention.

I am one of them. I hope it wont be disapoint ;)
kabool
Fallen
1 | 0
Looks pretty nice. I am just affraid that it will be too hard comparing to classic D2 for me. Never played Median, just Eastern Sun for few years and enjoyed that a lot
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
kabool wrote:Looks pretty nice. I am just affraid that it will be too hard comparing to classic D2 for me. Never played Median, just Eastern Sun for few years and enjoyed that a lot

Median is more involved than Eastern Sun. It has better difficulty scaling (easier in the blood moor, harder in destruction, etc) and way more build options, along with more straightforward gameplay in terms of crafting items, creating runewords, how to complete challenges, etc.
Shovelspoon
Pit Knight
106 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Wow.

First of all, HYPE! I've been checking here almost daily to see what's been going on with the 2017 update, feels so good to see that it's happening next week! Sadly I won't be able to participate as much as I'd like during the first weekend, but I'll be on board after that.

Secondly, and I know it's been said, but the trailer itself felt a little underwhelming. I understand that it's supposed to be for people who don't know what the mod is. But since it's supposed to at least be for people semi-familiar with Diablo 2, or the Diablo series in general, I feel like more could have been showcased. For example, the Map Reveal part could show the NPC menu that reveals the map (if that's still how it's done, I thought I read that somewhere recently). Or when the trailer mentions the 35 new skills, maybe show a couple skill trees just to tease people, or scroll over one item in a full set when it mentions new sets. I love that a bunch of ubers were showcased, and a few of the act boss fights were shown to display the differences from vanilla LoD. I also enjoyed that each class was represented in the trailer, with a few of them using their definitive abilities like the barbarian's Thunder Slam, good stuff.

Again, I'm not trying to devalue the trailer in any way, I'm sure it gives someone unfamiliar with the game a great reason to check it out, and I'm sure a lot of work went into it (I can't pull that off, I know that). Tons of respect to Marco, Whist, Suchbalance, the testers, and anyone else involved with the project! I am super hyped for this to drop, and can't wait to get back out there and experience Median once again. Also, what in the hell is that Xazax boss? HYPE!
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Shovelspoon wrote:Also, what in the hell is that Xazax boss?!

You'll find the changelog soon hopefully, don't you worry your little shovel head.
nikolaipka
Core Lord
380 | 17
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
kabool wrote:Looks pretty nice. I am just affraid that it will be too hard comparing to classic D2 for me. Never played Median, just Eastern Sun for few years and enjoyed that a lot

Playing median for some years and now before ladder reset just tried to try again ES, compared to Median is a tiny MOD. This here is completely different thing
Jelle
Cultist
24 | 0
nikolaipka wrote:

well, yeah obviously we're not getting 700 new ones, but are we getting 0, 5 or 20?

On the forums Marco posted that: "You can obviously expect new endgame content as well, such as new uberquests and items.", yet the trailer says there will be 40 uberquests (and considering that we already have 40, this implies no new ones).

The info put out so far is confusing and contradicting, which is why I'm asking for some clarification.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jelle wrote:
well, yeah obviously we're not getting 700 new ones, but are we getting 0, 5 or 20?

On the forums Marco posted that: "You can obviously expect new endgame content as well, such as new uberquests and items.", yet the trailer says there will be 40 uberquests (and considering that we already have 40, this implies no new ones).

The info put out so far is confusing and contradicting, which is why I'm asking for some clarification.

All of this information will be in the changelog when it is released. Some uberquests might be changed, as opposed to "new ones".
Zaafar
Prowler
15 | 0
I am SO READY!!! :cheers: