M17 Released!

Game news and forum updates
Malpheas
Destroyer
7 | 0
The launcher looks professional guys. Downloading now, waiting impatiently, lol.
Chrysamere
Pit Knight
100 | 0
Ah why all good gaming-related things, like MXL2017 have to happen in the beggining of exams season?:( All left for me is to check screenshots and realm item thread..
Tho very good to see, that an old game instead of slowly dying, is growing instead
blobdeath
Fallen
1 | 0
Hey, when im open the Launcher, it always says "Version Unknown" what do i do wrong?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
blobdeath wrote:Hey, when im open the Launcher, it always says "Version Unknown" what do i do wrong?

try to run test through D2VidTst.exe. Also is your OS in English? Try to read here: https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4420 see if it helps in any way
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
All works great, thank you all who are involved in the process of making the best mod ever. :thumb:

Changes are visible from the very start, I really like it. :clap:
tylerfar
Pit Knight
118 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey Folks,

Thanks to all of you for keeping this game fresh.

I am having similar issues with others regarding the line halt error that is listed on the first page of the forum. I dont mean to be redundant, but I am not tech savvy enough to understand the process as to how to try and fix the error.

Ive been playing MedianXL via the launcher with no issues, I updated it to run the game earlier today, and the halt exception appears when attempting to join a game (im sure its the same situation for everyone else that ran into the problem) I just dont understand the tech jargon well enough to fix it. Can anyone PM me a dumbed down version that might help me bypass this issue?

Thanks
mxl17
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Dear god what's the drop rate for a "Runestone" now?

Been maybe 10 levels dry of a single one.
5/6 of the other stones.
Meddle
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
so even using the instructions for D2SE mod manager i bricked my vanilla diablo2 which is a huge shame since the reset is coming and i have friends who want me to play it with them. (i get the "failed to retrieve" error on vanilla d2 but median works fine)

i'll have to reinstall everything and not play any median for now i guess :\
leroy989
Skeleton
3 | 1
Now one more QoL that would really improve things, if it was possible to ever get it working with new core, then having the ablity to hold shift+click items to quick transfer items back and forth from stash and inventory.
tylerfar
Pit Knight
118 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I wiped my old files and reinstalled D2/LOD/Median XL. It got me into the game, but the launcher opened in windowed mode, I went to change the settings and now im getting a critical error while trying to initialize DirectDraw, any suggestions?