M17 Released!

Game news and forum updates
DigitalDiarrhea
Destroyer
7 | 0
ok will do. I have to download the mod and replace files right?
I hvae the mod xl folder ready, game just installed, I copy and paste whats in mod xl to my regular folder, then run it as admi? Im just trying to paly the game in single player first. Does this game have to be diablo 1.13?or does it matter anymore?
vantheanh
Prowler
18 | 0
I could not use PlugY. I added "DllToLoad=MXL.dll" to plugy configuration file but it does not work. The game works fine without plugy. With plugy enabled, it crashed when I save the game.
Ocatvius90
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
I fixed my problems by downloading the launcher
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
vantheanh wrote:I could not use PlugY. I added "DllToLoad=MXL.dll" to plugy configuration file but it does not work. The game works fine without plugy. With plugy enabled, it crashed when I save the game.

Plugy doesn't work without d2se
vantheanh
Prowler
18 | 0
cowking wrote:
vantheanh wrote:I could not use PlugY. I added "DllToLoad=MXL.dll" to plugy configuration file but it does not work. The game works fine without plugy. With plugy enabled, it crashed when I save the game.

Plugy doesn't work without d2se

Too much work for using plugyY. I will enjoy the game just like I enjoy other MMORPGs. I actually enjoy the game more without PlugY, except for the fact that it is too expensive to reset skills and stat in early game :(
P.S: Offline tool does not work either (it displayed a warning that there is a new version then stopped working) . I don't know if checking file association causes this problem or not.
Edited by vantheanh 6 years.
Zerain
Cultist
20 | 0
I have Halt error:
of course i read first post and:

I have fresh installation of D2: loD 1.13c wih copied just MXL2017 and multiplayer folders.
TROUBLESHOOTING ERROR #2239
The core was not loaded:
- Make sure dll files are in Diablo II folder and not blocked by windows/antivirus (right click -> properties -> unblock). I did + i added diablo II folder to exceptions of antivirus security
- If using PlugY or D2SE, make sure PlugY.ini has this set DllToLoad=MXL.dll i dont use PlugY/SE
- If using Launcher 0.2.7, try deleting patch_d2.mpq and clicking 'install' i dont use launcher because launcher was giving me processes errors
- Run the game as administrator i do

I did also this:
RequiemLux wrote:
DigitalDiarrhea wrote:now this.

Try this:
-Remove everything, clean everything
-Install D2 LoD
-Run D2VidTst (if it doesn't run try in compatibility mode with WinXP SP3)
-Set DiabloII to run as an administrator (make sure the option is checked in Properties -> Compatibility -> Privilege Level)
-Then follow this: https://tsw.median-xl.com/join
vantheanh
Prowler
18 | 0
Zerain wrote:I have Halt error:
of course i read first post and:

I have fresh installation of D2: loD 1.13c wih copied just MXL2017 and multiplayer folders.
TROUBLESHOOTING ERROR #2239
The core was not loaded:
- Make sure dll files are in Diablo II folder and not blocked by windows/antivirus (right click -> properties -> unblock). I did + i added diablo II folder to exceptions of antivirus security
- If using PlugY or D2SE, make sure PlugY.ini has this set DllToLoad=MXL.dll i dont use PlugY/SE
- If using Launcher 0.2.7, try deleting patch_d2.mpq and clicking 'install' i dont use launcher because launcher was giving me processes errors
- Run the game as administrator i do

I did also this:
RequiemLux wrote:
DigitalDiarrhea wrote:now this.

Try this:
-Remove everything, clean everything
-Install D2 LoD
-Run D2VidTst (if it doesn't run try in compatibility mode with WinXP SP3)
-Set DiabloII to run as an administrator (make sure the option is checked in Properties -> Compatibility -> Privilege Level)
-Then follow this: https://tsw.median-xl.com/join

Sounds like you tried to play multiplayer without the D2SE. I had that problem too. PlugY and offline tool did not work so I thought multiplayer sounds better than single player. I guess everything needs D2SE....
Zerain
Cultist
20 | 0
vantheanh wrote:
Zerain wrote:...

Sounds like you tried to play multiplayer without the D2SE. I had that problem too. PlugY and offline tool did not work so I thought multiplayer sounds better than single player. I guess everything needs D2SE....

I tried SP too.. same error ;)
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Look if something here helps: viewtopic.php?p=100771#p100771
vantheanh
Prowler
18 | 0
Zerain wrote:
vantheanh wrote:
Zerain wrote:...

I tried SP too.. same error ;)

1. Did you run video test with compatibility settings: XP SP3, disable full screen optimizations, run as admin.

2. Then the same setting to the game.exe
3. Try to run the game in windowed mode.

I am using windows 10 so if I can play the game, you should be able too