Σ 1.4.0 Announced

Game news and forum updates
shinryuuken
Banned
12 | 0
The new changes sound quite interesting and quite frankly long overdue.

However I am wondering if with this new patch if the Maelstorm sin will be actually be a viable end game build(So far it is my favorite build)? Because it seems to me that right now the only viable sin builds are storm crows,maelstorm, and orb of annihilation. But the guide for maelstorm said that you can't complete the game with the build.

Also I am wondering if the druid will get buffed so that there are more than just three viable builds for the druid. Those builds are the werebear, mana druid, and with the new patch the werewolf druid?

On a side note in normal and in some of nightmare you can get away with nearly any build which why some of you passed those difficultly levels with literal trash builds like the claw and psi sin.

Sorry I am new here.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HurtSmash404 wrote:
Ekital wrote:
Manu300000 wrote:
HurtSmash404 wrote:Which reminds me of another thing: Naginata sins are highlighted in the OP, but what about Claw, Trap and Psionic Assassins(All three of which are imo VERY underpowered)?

I dont know man, i did well with psionic sin and last ladder i made a claw sin as first char. It rushes through the normal game. With trash gear. Against ubers you need to adjust your gear a bit and its fine aswell.
Sure there are mainstream op farming builds like bowzon - you cant compare these.

Median was at one point - everything was clearly overpowered. Somehow everyone wants this back. sadly

Psionic sin suffered hard from the cc nerfs.

Like what(I mean OTHER than losing half of their skills to make way for a new subclass, which was recent but I just missed)?

Cooldown added and Duration decreased for all CC skills I believe in 1.1?
Basically made Lighting Arena and Psionic Scream useless.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
shinryuuken wrote:The new changes sound quite interesting and quite frankly long overdue.

However I am wondering if with this new patch if the Maelstorm sin will be actually be a viable end game build(So far it is my favorite build)? Because it seems to me that right now the only viable sin builds are storm crows,maelstorm, and orb of annihilation. But the guide for maelstorm said that you can't complete the game with the build.

Also I am wondering if the druid will get buffed so that there are more than just three viable builds for the druid. Those builds are the werebear, mana druid, and with the new patch the werewolf druid?

On a side note in normal and in some of nightmare you can get away with nearly any build which why some of you passed those difficultly levels with literal trash builds like the claw and psi sin.

Sorry I am new here.

Druid is an Okayish spot tbh. You get quite a bit of viable builds: werebear, wolf(maybe this patch????), traprat, stormfront druid, bow

Want to talk shittier builds what about javazon lmfao.
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
Ekital wrote:
HurtSmash404 wrote:
Ekital wrote:
Manu300000 wrote:
HurtSmash404 wrote:Which reminds me of another thing: Naginata sins are highlighted in the OP, but what about Claw, Trap and Psionic Assassins(All three of which are imo VERY underpowered)?

I dont know man, i did well with psionic sin and last ladder i made a claw sin as first char. It rushes through the normal game. With trash gear. Against ubers you need to adjust your gear a bit and its fine aswell.
Sure there are mainstream op farming builds like bowzon - you cant compare these.

Median was at one point - everything was clearly overpowered. Somehow everyone wants this back. sadly

Psionic sin suffered hard from the cc nerfs.

Like what(I mean OTHER than losing half of their skills to make way for a new subclass, which was recent but I just missed)?

Cooldown added and Duration decreased for all CC skills I believe in 1.1?
Basically made Lighting Arena and Psionic Scream useless.

Ugh, it only gets MORE painful each time I ask about what I missed out on, but thanks for telling me. I mean, that sounds like it might have been a viable choice back then(not to mention that I saw a primitive guide about such a thing, even mentioning Lightning Arena).
shinryuuken
Banned
12 | 0
I thought that the traprat was nerfed to high heaven and now is no longer viable?

Stormfront like the mana druid is an item based but unlike the mana druid the items for stormfront are very difficult to find and you need near perfect/perfect rolls on those items. A problem which the mana druid does not share.

Oh god the javazon from what I have heard is downright horrific just like the spearzon. :lol:
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
MedianXL wrote:

[*] Changes to existing items include:
Xorine's Ring
Xorine's Ring
Ring

Required Level: 80
Item Level: 80
+1 Projectile to Punisher
10% Chance to cast level 19 Punishers on Kill
(51 to 100)% Bonus to Attack Rating
-(3 to 5)% to Enemy Poison Resistance

RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Anonymous: wrote:
MedianXL wrote:
  • Changes to existing items include:
    Xorine's Ring
    Xorine's Ring
    Ring

► Show Spoiler

I hope the full changelog will return you the childhood and dreams the dev have stolen from you
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
My childhood dream was about everyone using common sense and logic (well not women obviously). Now think a bit and tell me any good reason to nerf this ring in particular. Cause based on this one example i can start guessing the logic behind this new patch and it does not create any positive hype. Was this ring too good and was overused in current game version, in any previous versions, was some how broken ? Some how this +poison resists and procs was so good it got nerfed :) cause other stats are not touched and the reason is unclear or makes no sense.
1. I really thought hard and try to remember anyone suggesting it in melee guides besides me in the comments - no records.
2. Two times this ring was posted in screenshot section i believe and both cases when it got +1 to all skills after lottery.
3. Tried to brainstorm a build for it -> pure melee char that somehow needs AR? and chooses this ring for endgame instead of other options. Really ? No.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
shinryuuken wrote:I thought that the traprat was nerfed to high heaven and now is no longer viable?

Stormfront like the mana druid is an item based but unlike the mana druid the items for stormfront are very difficult to find and you need near perfect/perfect rolls on those items. A problem which the mana druid does not share.

Oh god the javazon from what I have heard is downright horrific just like the spearzon. :lol:

The last 5 or so season statistics have shown ~3% Spearzon participation. Just let it die, fam.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Anonymous: wrote:My childhood dream was about everyone using common sense and logic (well not women obviously). Now think a bit and tell me any good reason to nerf this ring in particular. Cause based on this one example i can start guessing the logic behind this new patch and it does not create any positive hype. Was this ring too good and was overused in current game version, in any previous versions, was some how broken ? Some how this +poison resists and procs was so good it got nerfed :) cause other stats are not touched and the reason is unclear or makes no sense.
1. I really thought hard and try to remember anyone suggesting it in melee guides besides me in the comments - no records.
2. Two times this ring was posted in screenshot section i believe and both cases when it got +1 to all skills after lottery.
3. Tried to brainstorm a build for it -> pure melee char that somehow needs AR? and chooses this ring for endgame instead of other options. Really ? No.

Not sure what are you talking about but comparing current stats:
Xorine's Ring
15% Chance to cast level 9 Punisher on Kill
Adds 25-75 poison damage over 1 seconds
Poison Resist +(31 to 40)%
(11 to 15)% Chance of Uninterruptable Attack

With modified ones (
Xorine's Ring
Xorine's Ring
Ring

)... yep, proc lvl higher, even though poison res removed you still able to get that 40 poison res with no problems (2 gems? 5 MOs?).. and most useful is +1 projectile to Punisher that means with pair of that ring any your punisher on kill potentialy will release 5 projectiles instead of just 3, and any punisher on striking will release 3 projectiles instead of 1.. If only this won't be buff that applies only on punisher from ring and only single time - it will become funny to wear with some punisher-farmer like Tzentch-necro or Shockwave-bower. And still this ring is freakin useful in early-mid when you simply have no sources of free AR. Or if you need highest possible AR for some bosses, esp when playing str-based build.