Fix pls, thank you.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Hmmm I'm torn between ele sorc, malice necro and javazon. But that's a nice problem to have.

I wish they made ladder position based on account-wide xp so I could play them all without losing a chance at doing ok on the ladder.

I'm out tonight when the patch hits though so I'll be miles behind anyway, so maybe I'll just try them all this season.

BTW this in patch notes:
- Fixed missing scrollbar in realm character select screen

Means you can have (and actually access) more than 8 characters per account now? So no need to have multiple accounts to mule? If so... :thumb: nice one devs
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I see alot of people talking about javazon now... can someone help my understand why these changes make any difference? My thoughts:

Moonbeam - duration buff doesn't make much difference except for leveling, because the duration becomes long enough already.
Enfilade - the poison damage never mattered anyways, it's all about the multi-hitting. Some extra fire damage will be nice here I suppose, but wouldn't this be far outclassed by your weapon phys damage? And now you need -res.
Ricochet - kinda same as above, except that now you need to invest in -enemy fire res to capitalize on the extra damage, whereas that wasn't needed for magic damage.

I get that elemental damage scales well, but it also means you have to invest in -res gear. Whereas it seems like pure phys (the way you normally build a javazon) still would beat everything... So what am I missing?
matdoo
Cog
239 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Semigloss wrote:I see alot of people talking about javazon now... can someone help my understand why these changes make any difference? My thoughts:

Moonbeam - duration buff doesn't make much difference except for leveling, because the duration becomes long enough already.
Enfilade - the poison damage never mattered anyways, it's all about the multi-hitting. Some extra fire damage will be nice here I suppose, but wouldn't this be far outclassed by your weapon phys damage? And now you need -res.
Ricochet - kinda same as above, except that now you need to invest in -enemy fire res to capitalize on the extra damage, whereas that wasn't needed for magic damage.

I get that elemental damage scales well, but it also means you have to invest in -res gear. Whereas it seems like pure phys (the way you normally build a javazon) still would beat everything... So what am I missing?

yea I wonder that too.

I've tried Javazon 2 times myself but always ended up with using
Heartseeker
The problem of Enfilade/Ricochet was their mechanic itself imo.
Since Fairy ring got buffed in 1.3, Javazon might be okay(?) with enough -fire res gear. :roll:

+I just saw
Vasily's Following
Vasily's Following
(Amazon Javelin Set)

Vasily's Crescent
Vasily's Eclipse
Vasily's Falling Star
Vasily's Shepherd Moon

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
4% Chance to cast level 18 Shower of Rocks on Kill
+20 to Maximum Damage

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
+20% Total Damage to Curare

Set Bonus with 4 or more set items:

Set Bonus with complete set:
16% Chance to cast level 13 Javelin Nova on Kill
15% Movement Speed
-30% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+6 to Stormlord
Weapon Physical Damage +150%
40% to All Attributes
Elemental Resists +50%

changes, 20% proc chance of Jav nova seems quite nice. It might fixes Ricochet's problem.
Edited by matdoo 4 years.
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Semigloss wrote:I see alot of people talking about javazon now... can someone help my understand why these changes make any difference? My thoughts:

U are missing nothing, its slightly better than before but still very bad. Dmg type on skills is fixed but all other problems are still there.
Lets list some problems:
500+ ias needed - no idea why javelins are such high wsm on top of 3-4 soc only
Defenses ??? - considering 500+ias req u need Ecstatic Frenzy witch leaves u with 0 def and very low block as ur only defense with no gear or charms
Itemization - there are no items that cover dmg / fire pierce or attack speed req and to reach last ias bp. U need ias jewels aka no Paragon - even squishier
Fairy Ring corpse req makes it unusable on most bosses without Titans Revenge and totally useless in Labs so lets stop there..
Josko_91
Vampiress
35 | 1
Why have summon necromancer not been buffed?

I hate the fact that veil king uses half army size, remove that ffs.

And let necromancer have more blood skeletons.
Aryzen
Cultist
24 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Interesting changes for the Necromancer Malice Tree.
Weird that the synergy of Pestilence is strength/dexterity and not energy (all other malice skills receive bonus from energy).
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Aryzen wrote:Interesting changes for the Necromancer Malice Tree.
Weird that the synergy of Pestilence is strength/dexterity and not energy (all other malice skills receive bonus from energy).

Most likely is due to the fact that Pestilence is used mainly by melee builds.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
Aryzen
Cultist
24 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
RequiemLux wrote:
Aryzen wrote:Interesting changes for the Necromancer Malice Tree.

Most likely is due to the fact that Pestilence is used mainly by melee builds.

Noted, thanks for the quick reply. :D
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I must say, im seeing way more TUs drop from regular game play than in 1.3 (i play on SP)
In 1.3 i could run through whole normal and not see one unique drop aside from 100% drops such as act bosses or nithlathak. Now i finished act 2 and i have like 8 uniques in my inventory.

Im starting this with a frigid sphere sorc. My plan is to go as follows:

Max frigid sphere
Max living flame
Snow queen until 30% hp (15 pt)
Ice elementals up to cap (9 pts?)
Firedance 15 pts to get it off cd
4 pt familiar
Witchblood uberskill
5 pts into symbol of essu for absorbs
6 pts spent on 1 pointer prereqs

thats 130 points when countin 30 into fs / lf and 16 into witchblood. Where do you put left overs? This new level 50 skill? Idk if its worth it, that 20 sec cd doesn't sound like good bosser ,esp when you have abyss available.