Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Johnny Impak wrote:Playing a fire/cold sorceress solo and it feels very solid. Just finished all the 115’s rather easily with T4 gear and some rares. Working on the set until I can get good crafts.

Only thing I apprehend is Baal at lvl 120. Flamestrike won’t do much, he moves all the time. Casting elementals is a no go here to make him stand still. Pyroblast will simply make him teleport all around the place, so Flamefront seems to be the best option as of skill choice. The other issue is his speed, I could use Chronofield, but doing this makes me lose 150%ish spell damage. I’ll see later.

The SU eagle orb seems promising, doubling the flamefront projectiles and high + fire skills. But I heard it won’t be that great. Anyone tested this ?

I've been running Fire Sorc the last few patches (specifically Fire/Cold, maining Pyroblast w/Flamestrike for bosses). In my experience, it's great up to about clvl 115, takes a nosedive at clvl 120, and essentially bottoms out at clvl 125 (I'd only been able to do a handful of 125 dungeons/rifts).

However...

I'm trying something different this patch and going Fire/Poison--maining Flamefront, w/Flamestrike as a boss killer, and Miasma as a debuff to boost survivability. It seems to work surprisingly well. It's not as good as Cold Sorc or Feedback Sorc in clearspeed (imo), and Blade Spirits are vastly inferior to new Ice Elementals, but I think a Fire/Poison build may have more potential than Fire/Cold (it can actually survive Fauzt reasonably well with only Sacred Honorifics, a few pieces from the Fire Sorc Set, and non-Xis version of Curandera).

Regarding SU Eagle Orb specifically, from my testing, it's ok. But I'd rather have a good crafted staff or even Fire Sorc Set weapon (the extra frame of cast speed > more fireballs, imo). That said, I haven't been able to try it when paired with BiS gear yet.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:
Johnny Impak wrote:Playing a fire/cold sorceress solo and it feels very solid. Just finished all the 115’s rather easily with T4 gear and some rares. Working on the set until I can get good crafts.

Only thing I apprehend is Baal at lvl 120. Flamestrike won’t do much, he moves all the time. Casting elementals is a no go here to make him stand still. Pyroblast will simply make him teleport all around the place, so Flamefront seems to be the best option as of skill choice. The other issue is his speed, I could use Chronofield, but doing this makes me lose 150%ish spell damage. I’ll see later.

The SU eagle orb seems promising, doubling the flamefront projectiles and high + fire skills. But I heard it won’t be that great. Anyone tested this ?

I've been running Fire Sorc the last few patches (specifically Fire/Cold, maining Pyroblast w/Flamestrike for bosses). In my experience, it's great up to about clvl 115, takes a nosedive at clvl 120, and essentially bottoms out at clvl 125 (I'd only been able to do a handful of 125 dungeons/rifts).

However...

I'm trying something different this patch and going Fire/Poison--maining Flamefront, w/Flamestrike as a boss killer, and Miasma as a debuff to boost survivability. It seems to work surprisingly well. It's not as good as Cold Sorc or Feedback Sorc in clearspeed (imo), and Blade Spirits are vastly inferior to new Ice Elementals, but I think a Fire/Poison build may have more potential than Fire/Cold (it can actually survive Fauzt reasonably well with only Sacred Honorifics, a few pieces from the Fire Sorc Set, and non-Xis version of Curandera).

Regarding SU Eagle Orb specifically, from my testing, it's ok. But I'd rather have a good crafted staff or even Fire Sorc Set weapon (the extra frame of cast speed > more fireballs, imo). That said, I haven't been able to try it when paired with BiS gear yet.

This isn't quite BiS, but it's all gear that is more or less easy to obtain.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/539450656?t=01h41m35s
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
CallMeCrazySam wrote:This isn't quite BiS, but it's all gear that is more or less easy to obtain.

Interesting. Did you choose Poison as your second tree? And I'm curious how you dealt with places such as Toraja, and bosses such as Kabraxis and Athulua, w/o summons. Did you feel your Sorc was tanky enough to do them alone?
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:
CallMeCrazySam wrote:This isn't quite BiS, but it's all gear that is more or less easy to obtain.

Interesting. Did you choose Poison as your second tree? And I'm curious how you dealt with places such as Toraja, and bosses such as Kabraxis and Athulua, w/o summons. Did you feel your Sorc was tanky enough to do them alone?

Yeah, I have poison as my second tree mainly for the DR from the passive but the accompanying spell damage is a nice plus. A lot of the tankiness comes from the DR passive combined with maxing Living Flame (~2k life).

There is a Kabraxis kill somewhere in that vid around the 1h mark after labs and before dunc. Kabraxis is a joke with flamestrike, he's dead in <20 seconds when he even somewhat cooperates. One belt of moon cookies and half decent movement is more than enough to get through him. As far as Athulua, I couldn't ever care less about trying to complete that uber properly, I've corpse ran it on every character and I don't care to admit that.

Toraja was a lot easier than expected, I was using the set at the time and the cast rate frames were so low that I could just bomb whatever mobs with edyrems and flamefront them to death.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Sounds good. If you can get through most/all of the game w/o Blade Spirits or IEs, that removes a huge headache in terms of gear and summon management.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:Sounds good. If you can get through most/all of the game w/o Blade Spirits or IEs, that removes a huge headache in terms of gear and summon management.

Yeah. I never needed summons before 120 and to get Edyrems at that point which meatshield/distract for the few bosses you need them for
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I think ive built my strongest character to date (in Sigma).

It's UMP that uses Astral Blade SSU + 3 piece set. Holy shit it clears fast. Its almost as fast as those old hacked characters in previous mod versions. Astral blade procs are farming oriented (Elemental and HB) while 3-piece set procs are boss battle oriented (hailstorm and flamestrike). Divine apparition freezes in a really long radius even tho the skill description says 1 yard.

Im like level 122 and its already way, way stronger than my level 129 summoner nec. I barely even have socketables in gear. Will be fun grinding this one to 135+ and optimizing its gear.
Gear
Cultist
23 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Why was strength bonus removed on werewolf?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Gear wrote:Why was strength bonus removed on werewolf?

It was bugged.
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Ah, I see they didn't take any measures to actually balance the classes to be competitive in lab.

Have fun guys :lol: