Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Anonymous: wrote:p.s.: thank you and what is this whimsyshire ?

A secret level featured in D3. It is rumored to be also present in MXL... but no one seems to have found a way to reach it(yet?).
*mysteriousness intensifies*
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Johnny Impak wrote:What is up with this Blood Hatred change ? It says that is reduces weapon damage when activated. I naturally think this would be a nice combination to use with Iceburst/Stormblast/Ancient Hand, but wouldn’t that reduce the skills damage too since to be converted ?
BH is ment to be used for boosting tri-elemental builds (Kraken stance + nephalem spirit and tri-elemental damage/pierce gear) .that is why the physical damage part is not so important for such a build, as it doesn't have lots of it anyway , therefore , why care for losing some physical damage ? since you don't have any important physical damage with such a build , this is your primary leech/hp recovery skill to compensate for not being able to leech much due to crapy physical damage

Obviously they dont know how to nerf barb anymore, a skill that gives pierce and - wep dmg also drains ur life why would you use 1 skill that has more downside than good to an already dead class, physical damage is superior if you use a skill that convert dmg to elemental, and u have to put hard pts into blood hatred to actually matter, you could put them in wolf stance for example and get 500-600 ewd% bonus :)
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
/.
this stream feature on the forums is well done! very useful for easier access and exposure thanks mxl team
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
morphed wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Johnny Impak wrote:What is up with this Blood Hatred change ? It says that is reduces weapon damage when activated. I naturally think this would be a nice combination to use with Iceburst/Stormblast/Ancient Hand, but wouldn’t that reduce the skills damage too since to be converted ?
BH is ment to be used for boosting tri-elemental builds (Kraken stance + nephalem spirit and tri-elemental damage/pierce gear) .that is why the physical damage part is not so important for such a build, as it doesn't have lots of it anyway , therefore , why care for losing some physical damage ? since you don't have any important physical damage with such a build , this is your primary leech/hp recovery skill to compensate for not being able to leech much due to crapy physical damage

Obviously they dont know how to nerf barb anymore, a skill that gives pierce and - wep dmg also drains ur life why would you use 1 skill that has more downside than good to an already dead class, physical damage is superior if you use a skill that convert dmg to elemental, and u have to put hard pts into blood hatred to actually matter, you could put them in wolf stance for example and get 500-600 ewd% bonus :)

Just throwing this out there... with 2x crystal swords and a Barb helmet, you can now get 3 sources of Kraken Stance (25+25+29= lvl 79). You could get this over level 100 with other gear factored in.

Plus if you are using Wolf Stance, your heal amount would be insane with Blood Hatred (I interpret heal amount got buffed) and now there's also better Life Spark rolls. High life pool with 100% Uninterruptible Attack and you'd be nearly invincible, no?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Semigloss wrote:
morphed wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:

Just throwing this out there... with 2x crystal swords and a Barb helmet, you can now get 3 sources of Kraken Stance (25+25+29= lvl 79). You could get this over level 100 with other gear factored in.

Plus if you are using Wolf Stance, your heal amount would be insane with Blood Hatred (I interpret heal amount got buffed) and now there's also better Life Spark rolls. High life pool with 100% Uninterruptible Attack and you'd be nearly invincible, no?
exactly . that's how some of the ancient dual wielder barbs used to roll and how i'll roll one in this new patch

it's time to bring the TerrorBlade back from the grave
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
The only problem I see would be spreading damage. What are your thoughts? You'd have to have a good melee proc like SoR or Spike Nova. Which is possible but also with Kraken Stance and Life Spark, not likely. Or you have to use iron spiral which might be OK, specially if BH duration is longer now.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i was thinking about using SoR for enemy debuff (if and when necessary) as spirit guide alone won't provide enough defence . i am also considering going for runemaster (maby using Xar Runes) for more defence and sacrificing the extra damage from nephalem spirit but i'm not sure yet

apply 1 debuff -> switch to iron spiral -> another debuff -> more spiral

this is the plan , but i am also considering oskills , if there will be any worth taking into consideration

i am also looking at the
Warmonger
Warmonger
Fanged Helm (Sacred)

Defense: (4347 - 4785) to (5010 - 5474)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 500
Item Level: 120
Area Effect Attack
Adds 100-200 Fire Damage
Adds 100-200 Lightning Damage
Adds 100-200 Cold Damage
+(160 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(1500 to 2000) Defense
Elemental/Magic Damage Reduced by 40
10% Chance to Avoid Damage
Socketed (4)
as an option for area effect attack and some avoid .

there are quite a few viable builds around this , it will be a hard choice :)
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Yea lvl 100 kraken stance might be enough to skip nephalem spirit. You could sink way more points into vitality doing that too.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
for mid game i am also looking at a quiet crafted body armor with ctc Javelin nova proc . the chance to proc is low , but with high attack speed it should be decent