Σ 1.4.0 Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
morphed
Grubber
341 | 17
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Marco wrote:
morphed wrote:There should be always power creep in a game but find a way to make it happend in the very endgame with huge time invested, right now there wont be a power creep at all coz endgame = small improvement limited gear, and im talking about experienced players, coz most ppl dont care about this, dont even get to high lab or to try samael... newbs dont stand a chance vs these ubers, and experience players struggle , and when you think you cant improve your character anymore whats the point to continue playing though... but you know better i guess


The power creeping solution you suggest is exactly what creates the problem you hate: if all builds have a score of 1, and you make a build = 2 so it gets noticed, you are left with two options: you either put 2 back to 1 (muh nerfs!) or you increase ALL builds to be = 2 (power creep). Note that the outcome is the same (all builds are 1 or 2) yet the second option requires a lot of mainteneance, also translates to less new content.


bapcja wrote:Want a short, to the point answer? Bring 5 more builds to the power level of maelstorm sin so people dont play maelstorm at the start of every season to get ahead.

Maybe in the next 10 years of development you might get an idea that its better to bring up weak builds to the meta level instead of bullying same builds at the start of every season. Nobody likes seeing performing builds nerfed every patch (people get attached). its not a competitive game, theres no pvp. imagine first working on the shit builds, then making areas harder so everyone gets nerfed equally.

the game is bleeding players every season and this is why.


There is no escape route for your argument buddy. You are basically saying "dont nerf popular builds". But we can't nerf unpopular ones either for obvious reasons. Therefore we can't nerf anything. This is power creep and is not a new concept, which is why I pointed out your fancy writing, because you made a point which is such a primitive game design concept. Where were you when there were tons of stats rolling back, overflows, due to game limitations and just increasing stuff over and over on top? I'm not saying i've been here for 10 years so you just accept my point and move on, I'm telling you we've been through this many times, spent countless amount of hours working on shifting stuff back down instead of new content.

Your last comment (which happens to be statistically innaccurate) resumes perfectly why you're posting here. Do the changes I like or I quit. Bad troll.


Yeah you're right about that , what im saying is when there's a balance between chars and they're all similar in power skillwise, (this is just an example) wouldn't increasing the numer of signets you can get to 700-800 lets say or mb 1k, and they should be harder to get and untradeable, and only you alone can increase the power of your character, and rich people wont be able to boost this up they still have to play a lot to make it happen, after 1.5 months to be able to maximise this if you play a lot the game, 500 more stats wont make the game much easier id say, but will make every build 20-30% better
User avatar
bapcja
Abomination
146 | -4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I am not threatening to quit and i dont even care that much. I found a build i enjoy this season (phalanx ama). tried cold sorc and got nagi sin to hell.

Marco wrote:Where were you when there were tons of stats rolling back, overflows, due to game limitations and just increasing stuff over and over on top?


I never said these things were good, obviously power creep (you seem to love that phrase) is a bad thing. Obviously overflowing numbers and going past engine limits are bad. We are long past that. For me, the game was pretty good in 1.0 / 1.1.

I don't know of any disgustingly strong builds right now. Gave an example of maelstorm sin. its easy to build, easy to start with and easy to improve. its also very strong, but not too strong. I dont personally play it, because I dont like the the skill itself. the sfx, area coverage and so on, just not a big fan of it. There should be more builds like that.

Anyway I don't really enjoy your tone, aggressiveness and insults in the last post so thats gonna be it for me. never saw you as a person whos allergic to criticism and quick to insult others in community but guess what, colour me suprised.

gl
User avatar
Marco
Team Member
1817 | 1141
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Because you could just use the feedback topic or if you really have a point to make, could have done an elaborated topic on it. Such as our friend celestialray loved to do - and for a good time I actually took the time to answer and discuss all of his concerns - even if I disagreed with his "tone" or content. If you make a sentimental post with little content to discuss on you can only expect sentimental replies. No need to play the victim card as you weren't insulted.
User avatar
rumblealex
Rust Claw
86 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
morphed wrote:
CallMeCrazySam wrote:What buffed classes are still shit?

the wolf dru which has 1k ewd and sure he's a farmer but useless against bosses since his single target skill,


CallMeCrazySam wrote:A buddy cleared atleast through t14 on wolf and partly into t15 last season. It wasn't easy, but you can do a lot of the content through sheer force of will.


Hi, fresh from the oven! Give it time for Youtube to encode higher resolutions.

morphed
Grubber
341 | 17
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
rumblealex wrote:
morphed wrote:
CallMeCrazySam wrote:What buffed classes are still shit?

the wolf dru which has 1k ewd and sure he's a farmer but useless against bosses since his single target skill,


CallMeCrazySam wrote:A buddy cleared atleast through t14 on wolf and partly into t15 last season. It wasn't easy, but you can do a lot of the content through sheer force of will.


Hi, fresh from the oven! Give it time for Youtube to encode higher resolutions.



Im watching at 2:00:00 takes ages to kill gharbad he dies in 2 sec vs bear druid tho ,make the comparison :D, and i see ur endgame gear too, gz for getting to t15 with shitty class
User avatar
rumblealex
Rust Claw
86 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
it takes forever yeah, but it's not impossible.
Neyhanis
Sasquatch
67 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
and it got 30% more damage on harb + a lot of survivability. wolf is definitely not "still shit", and thats str-wolf. Try dexwolf with coldblood sword and be immortal (70 avoid 75 block + dru hp) with good damage, thats better then the maelsin (melee but same kinda defenses with everything higher (same block more avoid more def more hp) and more dps. (and lets not talk about sleeper op manawolf and ridiculous damage ^^' )
User avatar
BespokePosts
Prowler
17 | 0
Marco wrote:Because you could just use the feedback topic or if you really have a point to make, could have done an elaborated topic on it. Such as our friend celestialray loved to do - and for a good time I actually took the time to answer and discuss all of his concerns - even if I disagreed with his "tone" or content. If you make a sentimental post with little content to discuss on you can only expect sentimental replies. No need to play the victim card as you weren't insulted.


Considering the amount of negative attention you devote to feedback-posters - ridiculing them by name - why do you go through feedback Marco?

I don't think buffs targeted at unpopular builds is "power creep". Unless the buffs push them past S-tier toons it won't necessitate maintenance of the content itself.
User avatar
Marco
Team Member
1817 | 1141
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
BespokePosts wrote:Considering the amount of negative attention you devote to feedback-posters - ridiculing them by name - why do you go through feedback Marco?

I don't think buffs targeted at unpopular builds is "power creep". Unless the buffs push them past S-tier toons it won't necessitate maintenance of the content itself.


Not sure where anyone was ridiculed by name, but anyway: the whole premise of the 1.4 announcement was that the classes being "buffed" weren't weak, just unpopular (our appreciation). We explicitly pointed out that some "hard to pull off" classes like nagi or wolf which have complicated play mechanics, will continue to keep them. If someone doesnt understand how to play nagi and is disappointed because they were expecting UHM 2.0 faceroll one-shotting areas with Divine Apparition, that's just not what was promised. If you can't appreciate a good wine, don't drink it, just don't expect everyone to drink water too.

Nagi as it stands is a great build and let me try explain why. The fact that there is little centralized info on how to play it and that it's very difficult to play means that it's not commonly played as a started build. Therefore there is little demand for certain powerful items which you can get for pennies, as is the case of Fryst. Let's make a comparision using 1.3 data (to see if the amount of buffs, or lack thereof, were justified):

- First 5 Hellreach sold: avg price 521
- First 5 Frysturgard sold: avg price 46

Both weapons have same purpose: steamroll fauzt for exp and snowball into profit. Yet the naginata is about twice as hard to find. In other words, the same weapon for 2 different builds was 23 times cheaper for Nagi, and probably quicker to get. All the trouble and difficulty of playing Naginata is finally compensated by your ability to pay for your "best in slot" farm weapon with only 30 minutes of hatred nihlathak. Putting a tier on a build really depends on your criteria, but if your criteria is not minding about difficulty but want to farm for profit (with almost no investment), nagi is effectively a S1 build. There goes why it didn't need to get "generiously buffed", aka, squashed into a new UHM.

This leads to the final (or rather first) point which is being a really ass thing to say that the builds were "superficially" changed repeatedly. There is a lot of thought and work invested in order to preserve things which make builds unique and special. It is much easier and less time consuming to add a few zeroes to some skill's damage and call it a day instead of putting the work to "get it right" as we did, even if it takes more than one attempt. I'm happy to devote attention to all types of feedback - but the good one is usually answered with changes in the game and not posts.
User avatar
Johnny Impak
Core Lord
387 | 11
Playing a fire/cold sorceress solo and it feels very solid. Just finished all the 115’s rather easily with T4 gear and some rares. Working on the set until I can get good crafts.

Only thing I apprehend is Baal at lvl 120. Flamestrike won’t do much, he moves all the time. Casting elementals is a no go here to make him stand still. Pyroblast will simply make him teleport all around the place, so Flamefront seems to be the best option as of skill choice. The other issue is his speed, I could use Chronofield, but doing this makes me lose 150%ish spell damage. I’ll see later.

The SU eagle orb seems promising, doubling the flamefront projectiles and high + fire skills. But I heard it won’t be that great. Anyone tested this ?