Σ 1.5.0 Announced

Game news and forum updates
ssj2nappa
Fallen
1 | 0
I am a Windows 10 laptop user.

When playing games after installing Medianxl, errors such as c0000096, c0000005 and c0000001.

I tried to find a solution, but it all failed. I hope these problems will be solved.
usling
Cog
243 | 21
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
ssj2nappa wrote:I am a Windows 10 laptop user.

When playing games after installing Medianxl, errors such as c0000096, c0000005 and c0000001.

I tried to find a solution, but it all failed. I hope these problems will be solved.

I am playing from a windows 10 laptop myself for years... and I never had any kind of problems with this game. I highly doubt its a windows 10 problem and more a your computer problem.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
ssj2nappa wrote:I am a Windows 10 laptop user.

Have you tried searching for solution in the opening post of the Troubleshooting for Median XL: Sigma? There are sections for each of those errors. Anyway, first of all, I'd recommend to check if the base game runs fine when MXL is uninstalled. If you think something might have gone wrong during the installation process, you could also check this guide: Median XL Installation Guide (Windows).
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
84 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I am a mostly Hardcore player and for the record I think that the proposed changes (e.g. "you die in Hardcore, character just gets converted to Softcore as opposed to 'permanently dead' and deleted" is an excellent idea.

I'm aware that doing this sort of invalidates the "Hard" in "Hardcore" but in my experience, particularly at the higher difficulty levels and in Rifts / Uberlevels, Median still has WAY too many 1HKs and 2HKs that are next to impossible to avoid, no matter how carefully you play. Add to this the fact that to progress past a certain point, you have to get certain quest items that presuppose surviving a very dangerous area (example : "getting ring with 'Purify' oskill"), and add to that the real possibility of getting ganked just due to lag on TSW (this has happened to my characters more than once) as your character can't even SEE a lethal attack until it's too late, and as it stands now, Hardcore Median is only for masochists (like me) :wink: .

The one other thing that I would ask the developers to be sure of is, in several previous patches, Rare and Magic items already being worn by (or in the inventory of), pre-existing characters, have been affected by a strange and highly annoying bug, where (for example), a Rare Tier 2 weapon that previously had a required character level of (say) "12", would all of a sudden end up requiring a character level of "55" or some other crazy thing. This makes equipping characters with Rare items, across an upgrade, almost impossible, and it causes a great deal of unnecessary remedial work on the part of the player. Could you please ensure that it doesn't happen again!
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Mr_Bill wrote:strange and highly annoying bug, where (for example), a Rare Tier 2 weapon that previously had a required character level of (say) "12", would all of a sudden end up requiring a character level of "55" or some other crazy thing.

are you sure you didn't just use mystic orbs and/or socket a rune/gem/jewel with higher required level
Bimbobaggins
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
I'm hoping for some Naginata changes because the tree is all kinds of wacky. The Dex requirement to use a basic Naginata doesn't justify the investment.
Bishiboshi
Fallen
1 | 1
Thank you for making this mod. I've been using this username for more than a decade, and this wonderful game is where I got it from.

Much appreciation from Texas. Just bought D2 through blizzard after finding out about this today :)
-Bishiboshi
Vade
Vampiress
39 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Bishiboshi wrote:Thank you for making this mod. I've been using this username for more than a decade, and this wonderful game is where I got it from.

Much appreciation from Texas. Just bought D2 through blizzard after finding out about this today :)
-Bishiboshi

Welcome to hell my dude, you’re going to have a great time!
Milkshake
Abomination
142 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
4PM Eastern? Why so late?
Edited by Milkshake 3 years.
VAITOMARNOCU
Skeleton
2 | 0
yay! from brazil,the opening of brazilian GS made a new experience to median for us,thanks for keeping the great work.