Σ 1.5.3 Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
BiuTze
Thunder Beetle
50 | 0
I believe there is something wrong with tooltip damage on my wearwolf using azgar's crystal.
I supposedly am doing 82k dmg with my mana pulse, I swing like 8 times a second, I've got -121 ECR, 82% chance to hit, and I can BARELY hurt astrogha, yet when I spec to dex with pretty much 10x less dmg I can hurt her wayyyyy faster..
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
BiuTze wrote:I believe there is something wrong with tooltip damage on my wearwolf using azgar's crystal.
I supposedly am doing 82k dmg with my mana pulse, I swing like 8 times a second, I've got -121 ECR, 82% chance to hit, and I can BARELY hurt astrogha, yet when I spec to dex with pretty much 10x less dmg I can hurt her wayyyyy faster..

You have to keep mana full during attacks with this sword otherwise your dmg falls rapidly,
BiuTze
Thunder Beetle
50 | 0
I am aware, I've mained mana wolf 2 seasons in a row now. I am using mana pulse as my main attack against her, keeping full mana the entire time.
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Ur attack rating is horrible and Astroga absorbs ele dmg. -121res and 13k ar is just to low. It takes 170 pierce to do 50% or ur cold dmg and with -121 res ur doing maybe 25% and that's if u hit. U do 400dmg cold dmg per 1k mana so that ez to calculate or jsut use d2stats. Char screen dmg is wrong as it adds spell dmg % to flat elemental dmg u have.
BiuTze
Thunder Beetle
50 | 0
Hmm, says 82% chance to hit, is that wrong?
So it's the spell damage that is messing up my tooltip...
But doesn't it still add damage anyways? I'd love to know how to calculate that..
Also, thanks for responding!
BiuTze
Thunder Beetle
50 | 0
Ahh, the AR was low because I wasn't morphed into wolf, so that I could show full dmg from full mana...
it's closer to 45k and 82% hit chance on astro.
BiuTze
Thunder Beetle
50 | 0
If anyone has some additional insight into this matter.. I've been helping people switch to mana wolf from march set as a way to upgrade and now I feel like everything I thought I knew was a lie.. I'd hate to be spreading misinformation because the tooltip is inaccurate..
Knowing how to boost damage other than ECR and simply adding mana would be nice...
Does cold spell damage actually add damage to attacks like twisted claw, harbinger and mana pulse?
Does EF do anything at all?
Does the energy I put in, only count as extra mana for damage?

1 other note about azgar crystal is that it does have ITD on it now.. so if that actually works the 82% should be more like 95%?

Thanks again to any and all who would help guide me in this confusing issue..
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
BiuTze wrote:If anyone has some additional insight into this matter.. I've been helping people switch to mana wolf from march set as a way to upgrade and now I feel like everything I thought I knew was a lie.. I'd hate to be spreading misinformation because the tooltip is inaccurate..
Knowing how to boost damage other than ECR and simply adding mana would be nice...
Does cold spell damage actually add damage to attacks like twisted claw, harbinger and mana pulse?
Does EF do anything at all?
Does the energy I put in, only count as extra mana for damage?

1 other note about azgar crystal is that it does have ITD on it now.. so if that actually works the 82% should be more like 95%?

Thanks again to any and all who would help guide me in this confusing issue..

-ecr and mana are effectively the ways to scale dmg but also getting negative mana regen. Since mana regen in wolf form is inverted this will lead to mana recovery and therefore better dmg. Items like
Hellmouth
Hellmouth
Heavy Gloves (Sacred)

Defense: (1680 - 1976) to (3252 - 3566)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 525
Item Level: 105
Adds 125-250 Magic Damage
+12 to Rock Shock
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(500 to 2000) Defense
(11 to 15)% to Strength
Regenerate Mana -50%
Maximum Fire Resist +(1 to 2)%
(25 to 50)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)
or
Sash of the Frozen Seas
Sash of the Frozen Seas
Sash (Sacred)

Defense: (2036 - 2329) to (2064 - 2362)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 500
Item Level: 105
-75% Mana Drain in Werewolf Form
30% Attack Speed
Winter Avatar Cooldown Reduced by 0.4 seconds
+(501 to 1000) to Attack Rating
-(6 to 15)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(101 to 130)% Enhanced Defense
+(51 to 250) to Mana
+100 Life on Melee Attack
Socketed (2)

cold spell dmg doesnt do anything for you. neither energy factor or energy, but pts in energy do increase mana so they are worth.

ITD works against most mobs and doesnt work against bosses.

Also I recommend this thread for questions: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=124
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Question not related to this specific patch, but why are the summoned bats poofing after a while ? I don’t remember the summon necromancer to have this issue. They’re nice to have tagging along, but having to resummon every 5 five minutes is pretty annoying on melee skillswitching build (Keeping up Bloodbath and Shadow Refuge while switching back to batstrike for damage).
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Johnny Impak wrote:Question not related to this specific patch, but why are the summoned bats poofing after a while ? I don’t remember the summon necromancer to have this issue. They’re nice to have tagging along, but having to resummon every 5 five minutes is pretty annoying on melee skillswitching build (Keeping up Bloodbath and Shadow Refuge while switching back to batstrike for damage).

Summons sometimes dissapear if they get stuck somewhere and you walk too far away; do you use blink frequently? If not, that should solve the issue, at least in theory.