Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Morpheum wrote:should not be this difficult to install a game or mod.

Well it's a 20 year old game that wasn't designed to be played on modern hardware or designed to be modded at all. Consider it a miracle that D2 even runs as well as it does on any machine.

Either way, post in the tech support channel on the Discord, it's a lot more active than here and you might actually get help.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
CallMeCrazySam wrote:Well it's a 20 year old game that wasn't designed to be played on modern hardware or designed to be modded at all.

Not gonna argue about the former statement but the latter one is a nice joke, you should definitely add it to your favorite pasta when you demanding MORE SPACE for PERFECT GEMS and RUNES.

In earlier days of d2 (classic d2) game database was only partially exposed, I'm not even sure if they ever published text tables or was it binaries only back then. But what Blizzard did with subsequent updates and expansion is a whole different story, especially when they introduced 1.10 version: they softcoded quite a lot of stuff that was cemented into the game engine before. It was completely unnecessary for them to do so, there was a source code at their disposal after all, so one of the reasons should be quite obvious: it was done to aid modding community.

Ironically this whole site is dedicated to Median XL and this mod is a pinnacle of d2 modding, it is (it was up to MXL17, to be correct) a perfect example of what you can achieve without ever touching game engine.
misscarriage
Cultist
20 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Searing Orb tooltip still states 1 light radius increases total damage by 1%.
jazzman889
Vampiress
36 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
give me my DragonKnight back plsssssssssssssssssssssssssss
huangyunshy
Onyx Knight
615 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
BiuTze wrote:I believe there is something wrong with tooltip damage on my wearwolf using azgar's crystal.
I supposedly am doing 82k dmg with my mana pulse, I swing like 8 times a second, I've got -121 ECR, 82% chance to hit, and I can BARELY hurt astrogha, yet when I spec to dex with pretty much 10x less dmg I can hurt her wayyyyy faster..

Can you show your gear and skills?