Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Customs
Thunder Beetle
56 | 13

Quite a few mistakes in this run, definitely room to clean it up! Beany I'm coming for that top spot.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Interesting approach, I didn't think sin can do so well in this.
You have really slow start, get to level 24 early a2, and then become tanky enough with perfect being and can catch up with fast blink. Shurikens are also decent at aoe clearing at edges of screen, so despite rushing you still gain decent exp.
youtube.com/ae1337
Beany
Imp
4 | 4
Really good run. I tried assassin a couple times, but the start always felt so slow and squishy so I gave up on this. Definitely looking forward for more normal run entries :D
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great submissions so far! :clap:
Always nice to see a healthy dose of competition ^^
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge

Normal speedrun: Malice/Frostclaw necro memes, 66:10.
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Im looking at the times you guys are hitting a3. Pally hits it at 28m min, same with me on my summon/totem necro.

I see a bunch of shortcuts that i never knew about like the fact that you dont have to run back to Jehryn after tyreal in a2.

One of my runs had exp, stamina and skill shrines all clustered in every zone in a1.

The map layout and luck will play a bit of a roll but if you are sub 28 minutes by a3, you are at a good pace.

Don't out level the zones though. Summoner didnt kill things fast enough to level so even getting to a3 super fast left me at level 18 in a 33 zone. I stopped getting exp. Not sure how that would face off vs baal.
thinkpositive
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Are you allowed to create new games or does the entire run have to be in one game?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
one game per run
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Arionic wrote:Im looking at the times you guys are hitting a3. Pally hits it at 28m min, same with me on my summon/totem necro.

I see a bunch of shortcuts that i never knew about like the fact that you dont have to run back to Jehryn after tyreal in a2.

One of my runs had exp, stamina and skill shrines all clustered in every zone in a1.

The map layout and luck will play a bit of a roll but if you are sub 28 minutes by a3, you are at a good pace.

Don't out level the zones though. Summoner didnt kill things fast enough to level so even getting to a3 super fast left me at level 18 in a 33 zone. I stopped getting exp. Not sure how that would face off vs baal.

You need to optimize what zone you level more, and which ones you almost entirely skip.
For example getting some fat cog packs in tamoe highland while having exp shrine can get you quite far. Also starting a2 with sewers just for the exp. You don't want to be 10 levels below content, because then you gain no exp, and run is pretty much bricked, unless that happens towards the end of a5 where you technically could afford it.
From my experience summon nec is very competitive in this, I tried test run, got 64min on it, definitely has potential. Since summons now have aoe, it kind of replaces old totem nec in a way. Start isnt terrible since skelies have aoe. Boss damage with hawk spam also not bad. It really imo can compete fur decent sub 1h runs. After you get blink and knights, you pretty much only teleport, no need to spam skills, which puts you ahead of for instance sorceress that needs to spam more of her abilities. Necro does have slower start, all builds with good aoe spell available to them @ level 2 are great starters.
youtube.com/ae1337