Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
suchbalance wrote:

Normal Speedrun: Return of the ssorc, 46:33.

After atleast 100 tries on a sorc, I can honestly say that the RNG gods blessed you on this run. The xp shrines and that gimped A3 layout are lined up perfectly.

I've had three runs where I matched your pacing and one where I was two minutes faster getting out of act 2. Every time I load up act 3 though, I get some of the most rediculous forest/marsh/jungle layouts i have ever seen in my 20 years.
Xirith
Prowler
16 | 5
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
RNG no doubt plays a significant role.
I've found great fun in trying to better my speedruns, but it seems the deciding factor for me is a5 layout.
I've done around 10 runs at below 47 min, with my best so far at 46:07. Interestingly enough, it was a run where I did a couple of mistakes whereas I have had otherwise perfect runs screwed up by a5 layout. Particularly distance from Antechamber entrance to Throne, as well as the density of mobs in Throne, seems to be the deciding factor for me.

I had one run where I was about a minute ahead of the pace of my 46:07 run, but I ended up dying in Chaos Sanc without a tp (entered Chaos Sanc at lvl 31½ at 31:53 for those interested). I think sub 45 is possible, but it will take absolutely insane RNG. I'm playing summon necro for the record.
Will upload my best run sometime over the weekend, still trying to get a better time.
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Xirith wrote:RNG no doubt plays a significant role.
I've found great fun in trying to better my speedruns, but it seems the deciding factor for me is a5 layout.
I've done around 10 runs at below 47 min, with my best so far at 46:07. Interestingly enough, it was a run where I did a couple of mistakes whereas I have had otherwise perfect runs screwed up by a5 layout. Particularly distance from Antechamber entrance to Throne, as well as the density of mobs in Throne, seems to be the deciding factor for me.

I had one run where I was about a minute ahead of the pace of my 46:07 run, but I ended up dying in Chaos Sanc without a tp (entered Chaos Sanc at lvl 31½ at 31:53 for those interested). I think sub 45 is possible, but it will take absolutely insane RNG. I'm playing summon necro for the record.
Will upload my best run sometime over the weekend, still trying to get a better time.

Yeah, summon necro can get the fastest times via pure speed, and it seems like 31-35 range is able to kill baal. Bend the shadows and blink = double teleport but you have to make sure to keep leveled until you reach a3/a4.
Sonicbdwa
Sasquatch
64 | 7
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yshari attempt #8. 4 minutes 12 seconds

Lag at the end though :lol: