S24: Speedrun Event

Game news and forum updates
Beany
Imp
4 | 4
Nice one suchbalance, I won't probably get much faster than this. I think around 45min is probably the limit from my testing... or maybe I thought so, someone probably comes around with a 30min run or so.
Also for holy melee just plague isn't enough for clearing unless you got some juicy +skills somewhere. And especially melee is hard if you can't upgrade your weapon constantly, they fall behind so hard while casters can upgrade their dmg consistently through skill levels, also defences is bit of problem since you'll be taking so much more hits :/
But I really want to see more melee runs tho, I believe in you guys :)
LexLimbo
Dark Huntress
14 | 3

1:22 with sorc =)
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
For melee or in general wdm builds, you need to pick class that gets carried by some passive or buff, such as lion stance magic damage and go full strength. Then you can run with whatever t1 runeword, and your damage will be enough.
Ofc thers still issue of being melee, having to stop for packs, chase them down to kill and so on.
You definitely don't want to go with build that relies on quality of weapon from the very start.
youtube.com/ae1337
Ithyl
Fallen
1 | 0
For the Baal Normal challenge, is it allowed to do the following before the /time command?

Reveal Map
Assign keys to a skill (basically for the town portal and innate skill)
phil4Abeer
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time

Kingdom of Shadow - 1:23 with a pally, if I understand correctly and the time starts when you start moving.
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
For the normal build, no other class has a scaling AOE spell that they can cast and forget about. The aftershock damage from figid sphere lets you cast and keep running.

Summoners are tanky and fasst but you don't get kills as quick. WDM melee relies on a good weapon. I feel like the normal race just got wrecked by this single sorc build becuase frigid sphere is OP. If they ammended the rule and said no figid sphere builds, that would open the competition up to literally any class. Otherwise, we are going to be seeing who can sorc the fastest.

If someone manages to pull off a faster run on any other class, I will be glued to that run video while eating my words.

In the meantime, I now know what build to play on reset if I want to leave the pack completely in the dust.
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
aerial wrote:
Arionic wrote:Im looking at the times you guys are hitting a3. Pally hits it at 28m min, same with me on my summon/totem necro.

I see a bunch of shortcuts that i never knew about like the fact that you dont have to run back to Jehryn after tyreal in a2.

One of my runs had exp, stamina and skill shrines all clustered in every zone in a1.

The map layout and luck will play a bit of a roll but if you are sub 28 minutes by a3, you are at a good pace.

Don't out level the zones though. Summoner didnt kill things fast enough to level so even getting to a3 super fast left me at level 18 in a 33 zone. I stopped getting exp. Not sure how that would face off vs baal.

You need to optimize what zone you level more, and which ones you almost entirely skip.
For example getting some fat cog packs in tamoe highland while having exp shrine can get you quite far. Also starting a2 with sewers just for the exp. You don't want to be 10 levels below content, because then you gain no exp, and run is pretty much bricked, unless that happens towards the end of a5 where you technically could afford it.
From my experience summon nec is very competitive in this, I tried test run, got 64min on it, definitely has potential. Since summons now have aoe, it kind of replaces old totem nec in a way. Start isnt terrible since skelies have aoe. Boss damage with hawk spam also not bad. It really imo can compete fur decent sub 1h runs. After you get blink and knights, you pretty much only teleport, no need to spam skills, which puts you ahead of for instance sorceress that needs to spam more of her abilities. Necro does have slower start, all builds with good aoe spell available to them @ level 2 are great starters.

It's not that I can't get sub 1 hour runs. That's easy. I can get the levels adequately on most classes but it takes more time than it would for a sorc. You can watch Beany and suchbalances videos. Spamm 3 frigid spheres and run through it, every mob on the map dies. I do think necro would come in first with summons out side of the sorc getting a 45 minutes due to pure efficiency.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
There is technically more spells that are cast and forget, just none starts at level 2 like frigd sphere. You can make something work with poison, such as rotting flesh on necro for example, but itll come to play way too late it seems.
Thers some rng manipulation that could help slower starting classes, if you restart until you get bunch of good exp shrines in a a1 in a row, that can help with shitty start.
But yea I also don't think summon nec can break 45min mark, I wrote my comments when sorc result was much worse.
youtube.com/ae1337
phil4Abeer
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time

another run of Kingdom of Shadow - 1:16 pally
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
aerial wrote:Thers some rng manipulation

Just run Andy until you get your TU weapon on a wdm build :roll: Maybe you will find one by the end of the event and you can do a decent time with a wdm build, maybe :D