Game news and forum updates
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Save file corruption because of the PlugY is probably the dumbest argument I've seen so far. The game itself could easily corrupt your save file, there is no backup mechanism in d2, there is no such mechanism in Sigma as well. At least PlugY is trying to backup its own save files *.d2x and *.sss before replacing them with the new ones. This tool has its flaws for sure, but in case if something went wrong with your save there is absolutely no reason to put all the blame on it, no need to bring a stawman argument in that discussion.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
moody0727 wrote:...

Closure wrote:...

Known, thx for the report, but pls use this thread (Bugs&Feedback) for future reports until one specifically for v1.6 is created, it's easier to trak the bugs this way.

SwineFlu wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Why the dumbest? That's a bit harsh, I've ended up forsakening its use for quite a while in the past since in my experience the corruption of files just spiked up by far during its use compared to its absence, and that from a player pov was my greatest gripe concerning the tool. I remember trying my best (and failing) to avoid going over the 5th page in a stupid attempt to mitigate the possibilities :lol: . Most importantly nobody is putting "all the blame on it". There's no strawman argument here, I'm not even trying to demonize it. We've all used it for a lot of time and was quite the qol, I'd argue almost essential in some cases, but there is no place for this other can of worms right now.
Keter
Sasquatch
69 | 3
Merc A2, Exemplar, cant wear any amulets. After relogin too. Plz check it.
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
SP question, after the patch, none of my gear has changed to new patch specs, and twisted claw which is now supposed to be seeking is still static. Do I have to start completely over now to be playing in 1.6? Thanks.
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Nantuc wrote:SP question, after the patch, none of my gear has changed to new patch specs, and twisted claw which is now supposed to be seeking is still static. Do I have to start completely over now to be playing in 1.6? Thanks.

Im for sure for sets u must find new version of old items or u can use old one.

Act 1 Ranger mercenary cant equip amulets anymore. Ive checked magic/rare/tied/ sacred.

Is there any new anti-cheat warden i sp game? My old cheated necro cant use spells that required crossbow, widowmaker for example. Ive got same crossbow, even new one from npc doesnt work.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Nantuc wrote:SP question, after the patch, none of my gear has changed to new patch specs, and twisted claw which is now supposed to be seeking is still static. Do I have to start completely over now to be playing in 1.6? Thanks.

Changes to items are not retroactive, unless its stated specifically. It means items you already have from before the change arent affected.
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
Istaryu wrote:Changes to items are not retroactive, unless its stated specifically. It means items you already have from before the change arent affected.

I can understand that, but why are my twisters still static and not heat seeking? Shouldn't they function similar to the shapeshifter A2 merc's twisters?
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
RequiemLux wrote:Why the dumbest? That's a bit harsh, I've ended up forsakening its use for quite a while in the past since in my experience the corruption of files just spiked up by far during its use compared to its absence, and that from a player pov was my greatest gripe concerning the tool. I remember trying my best (and failing) to avoid going over the 5th page in a stupid attempt to mitigate the possibilities :lol: . Most importantly nobody is putting "all the blame on it". There's no strawman argument here, I'm not even trying to demonize it. We've all used it for a lot of time and was quite the qol, I'd argue almost essential in some cases, but there is no place for this other can of worms right now.

Most of the time you get this message when PlugY has failed to load some particular stash page because of the corrupted item. In general, the actual reason has nothing to do with the PlugY itself but rather due to the fact that some quite specific modifications were done to the game files by the mod developer. Worth nothing to say that this error could be trivially fixed and you don't need to have a master degree in a computer science, all you have to do is to remove the entire page with this item or someone like Kambala can fix this error for you. On the other hand you might completely lose your character because of the way how d2 handles character saving procedure and there is nothing you can do about it unless you made a backup.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Yeah exactly, that is why I defined it as "a stupid attempt". Still is not reliable as much as one would like and as you said it has its flaws, ofc could be improved and work could be put in a somewhat decent implementation and whatnot, but for now alternatives exists and the objective of filling the PlugY-void is there for the future as expressed multiple times.
For the fixing procedure neither asking the average player to trivially fix it on his own nor putting the load on a specific user come close to a viable solution for when the issue presents, especially if on large scale, but I'm sure you were just explaining things to me for the sake of clarifying and probably think the same. Let's no go over D2 native issues, that's depressing.

Nantuc wrote:I can understand that, but why are my twisters still static and not heat seeking? Shouldn't they function similar to the shapeshifter A2 merc's twisters?

No, they are a different skill and act differently: the tornados seek the target in a small radius they do not cover half the screen like Act2 merc ones.
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
RequiemLux wrote:No, they are a different skill and act differently: the tornados seek the target in a small radius they do not cover half the screen like Act2 merc ones.

I took my werewolf into T14 Labs and the twisters are static exactly the way they were before the patch. They do not wander at all even though there were many creatures in the area they could wander to. Absolutely static!