Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
As i said earlier, builds that previously worked will continue to work just fine, relics existing in the game or not. If you don't want to grind for months, play on tsw, the choice is yours. And drop rates are already at least 2.5x higher in single player than on tsw.
cletyan
Bone Archer
72 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:
- Download these files: MXL.mpq.dll and extract them to your Diablo II folder (where "Game.exe" can be found) using a program like 7-Zip. Both files are archives and both files need to be extracted. At the end of the exctraction process you should have obtained 3 new files (MXL.mpq, D2Sigma.dll and Fog.dll). In case it asks you if you want to replace the existing files, select yes.

i only obtain the MXL.mpq, D2Sigma.dll there's no Fog.dll do i miss some download?
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Ebyam wrote:Yes, I just made an account here to post that, so? Just because I didn't post in the forums doesn't mean I haven't played.

I think the point being made is if you have truly and honestly been playing for Years at this point and time on a single account then why not post on that Main account? Instead you make a brand new account for??? what reason exactly? Complaints as well as complements can be made from the same account.. in fact it strengthens your arguments around here to be honest as in the longer you have been around on the same account kinda speaks for itself. Just saying.

Futhermore Ladder isnt for everyone.. You either long for the reset and new challenge or you have long term goals which can only be achieved in SP.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Ebyam wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Nah, you're not punished for not playing multiplayer. SP has higher drop chances than MP and the PlugY situation has been subject of discussion for who knows how many times since its removal. It wasn't something developed by the MXL team and has also its fair share of issues (mostly the tendency to corrupt save files), making its implementation a double edge sword. It has been stated multiple time at this point that an enhancement of the stash is one of many points on the to-do list of tasks for future patches. Nobody is hating on SP. This whole point of view is almost a full fledged meme in current days. If you dislike muling in SP (me too), there's an app in the tool section (Median XL Offline Tools) that could help with that afaik (don't ask me how it works tho 'cause I don't personally use it).

Ebyam wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Not sure what your point here is, nerfs are not aimed at making bosses impossible, in that context are meant to not trivialize the experience. For example, the stamina/sprint change has been exactly that, the running mechanic with its negligible cost made a big chunk of the game almost pointless while balancing around that big flaw a potential nightmare.
There are still plenty of occasions when you can just steamroll the content but, whenever that gap between hardship and goodhood is on an esponential note in the powercreep path, it's not an inconceivable action that of smoothing out the curve... there isn't a secret objective of making the produced content unachievable following some dumb obscure plan.

Ebyam wrote:
► Show Spoiler

"Now the game was completely rebalanced based on these new relics"... Nope. Not even a bit. No idea why you even got this idea. Relics can get kinda busted in all honesty, and droprate is far from being low to the level you are imagining. Compared to the old cotw they are a buff, and one on steroids, that adds an additional level of overpower and flexibility to the endgame builds. There is a big misunderstanding, the game is not being balanced around Relics, the Relics are being balanced around the game (and with lot of rooms for op stuff this time around).

Ebyam wrote:
► Show Spoiler

This last statment sounds like it infer that once a broken combo is found then it should be left well alone for the fun of it. Now this might prove right for other types of game, but not MXL. The updates are massive, the content is huge compared to vanilla, and the meta is always shifting, hopefully never stale. Broken combos will always unavoidably be a part of the experience; if that is an important parameter for you, with knowledge you could aim towards them while by playing and experimenting you can happen to find your op build of the season. This project is constantly in the making, enjoyment can be found in riding along instead of closing yourself up to a bunch of options that could easily become outdated. There's a balance to be stroked between freshness and familiarity.

cletyan wrote:i only obtain the MXL.mpq, D2Sigma.dll there's no Fog.dll do i miss some download?

Read carefully, both the file you've downloaded are archives, and both need to be extracted. The .dll(s) are in the 1.6.0.dll.update archive, I've just checked. Maybe try extracting them in a custom folder and then drag and drop the files in the correct location.
cletyan
Bone Archer
72 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:

Read carefully, both the file you've downloaded are archives, and both need to be extracted. The .dll(s) are in the 1.6.0.dll.update archive, I've just checked. Maybe try extracting them in a custom folder and then drag and drop the files in the correct location.

sorry . the 1.6.0.dll.update is not in winrar icon so i though its not zippable and can paste direct to the game.exe folder , thanks anyways appreciate your help. :salut: :salut: :thumb:
Ebyam
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Demonlord wrote:
Ebyam wrote:Yes, I just made an account here to post that, so? Just because I didn't post in the forums doesn't mean I haven't played.

I think the point being made is if you have truly and honestly been playing for Years at this point and time on a single account then why not post on that Main account? Instead you make a brand new account for??? what reason exactly? Complaints as well as complements can be made from the same account.. in fact it strengthens your arguments around here to be honest as in the longer you have been around on the same account kinda speaks for itself. Just saying.

Futhermore Ladder isnt for everyone.. You either long for the reset and new challenge or you have long term goals which can only be achieved in SP.

As I said, I played on and off (few months at a time) every few years, for as far back as when Brother Laz was the hardest uber and the only one with an impossible rating. I am not 100% sure, but I don't think I have made a forum account (and if I did, I wasnt able to retrieve it, because I tried my usual usernames and passwords from back then before I made this one and nothing was found). Being a single player game and liking to figure things out myself, I only looked up the occasional thing, or build, I didn't feel a need to talk to anybody in the community about anything and I was happy with the way the mod was going (always hated the purify mechanic even back then, but one bad thing, whatever, wasn't gonna come complain in forums solely because of that).

RequiemLux wrote:Nah, you're not punished for not playing multiplayer. SP has higher drop chances than MP and the PlugY situation has been subject of discussion for who knows how many times since its removal. It wasn't something developed by the MXL team and has also its fair share of issues (mostly the tendency to corrupt save files), making its implementation a double edge sword. It has been stated multiple time at this point that an enhancement of the stash is one of many points on the to-do list of tasks for future patches. Nobody is hating on SP. This whole point of view is almost a full fldged meme in current days. If you dislike muling in SP, there's an app in the tool section (Median XL Offline Tools) that could help with that afaik.

In the current state of affairs, that may be the case, but the drop rate feels terrible compared to what it used to be last time I played (I believe Triune was the newest uber at the time) on /p8. Every Duncraig big room only clears or TA runs with modest MF gave me at least 1-2 SUs, wasnt rare to get even half a dozen, now I'm lucky if I find one in a full clear with fully MO'd MF gear and MF runes/gems in every socket. Runestones and essences dropped back when it was orbs in the kurast sewer map about as often as shrines do now, whereas in 3 Teganze runs I've had just one single Earth Essence drop and nothing more. And yes, PlugY required backup saves every now and again, but the shared stash was probably the best thing ever added to this game and it beat the annoying mule juggling that is necessary now hands down (I tried the offline tools too but for some reason it didnt let me manipulate items or stash, so I thought it was outdated or something, but if it does, then that is a huge help and may mitigate the plugY issue), but again, not an issue that broke the mod for me, just a grievance that at least has a way to be overcome. It is just the adding of all this that is ruining the mod for me. Also I'm not saying the devs are hating on SP, that would be silly. I just think there should be different balance applied to both, and honestly wouldnt even be that much extra work, simply a matter of "Is it a change based on the ability to trade items? If yes, dont apply it to SP".

RequiemLux wrote:Not sure what your point here is, nerfs are not aimed at making bosses impossible, in that context are meant to not trivialize the experience. For example, the stamina/sprint change has been exactly that, the running mechanic with its negligible cost made a big chunk of the game almost pointless while balancing around that big flaw a potential nightmare.
There are still plenty of occasions when you can just steamroll the content but, whenever that gap between hardship and goodhood is on an esponential note in the powercreep path, it's not an inconceivable action that of smoothing out the curve... there isn't a secret objective of making the produced content unachievable following some dumb obscure plan.

I certainly hope so, I just saw a bunch of people say bosses get buffed or builds get nerfed when someone makes a guide that a certain build manages to kill one of the really really hard bosses and that is quite disheartening. I'm not against balance. If a build is super easy to make and clears everything easily, it certainly needs to be toned down. But if its a build that requires a lot of fancy rare things, then it should be left alone. Nothing specific in mind, just based on some of the replies I saw here, and in past updates. And yes, I may have been rash in assuming they were correct, perhaps the devs don't do that on purpose and it is just a coincidence. It just seemed to fit with the current shift in Median from singleplayer to multiplayer, so making bosses that are supposed to only be beaten in multiplayer seems to me like something that is not outside the realm of possibility.

As for the sprint change, no complaints here, this is actually one of the changes in sigma I really liked, so kudos for that.

RequiemLux wrote:"Now the game was completely rebalanced based on these new relics"... Nope. Not even a bit. No idea why you even got this idea. Relics can get kinda busted in all honesty, and droprate is far from being low to the level you are imagining. Compared to the old cotw they are a buff, and one on steroids, that adds an additional level of overpower and flexibility to the endgame builds. There is a big misunderstanding, the game is not being balanced around Relics, the Relics are being balanced around the game.

The change about orange text no longer stacking, a bunch of relics having orange text and many changes that seemed to reduce skills/builds related to relics that now boost said skills/builds was my reasoning behind that assumption. I certainly hope the drop rate isn't bad, but as I already said, based on all the other drop rates on things that aren't even meant to be that powerful and that were a lot more single player friendly in the past, I remain skeptical.

RequiemLux wrote:This last statment sounds like it infer that once a broken combo is found than it should be left well alone for the fun of it. Now this might prove right for other types of game, but not MXL. The updates are massive, the content is huge compared to vanilla, and the meta is always shifting, hopefully never stale. Broken combos will always unavoidably be a part of the experience; if that is an important parameter for you, with knowledge you could aim towards them while by playing and experimenting you can happen to find your op build of the season. This project is constantly in the making, enjoyment can be found in riding along instead of closing yourself up to a bunch of options that could easily become outdated. There's a balance to be stroked between freshness and familiarity.

Again, if the combo is easy to attain, then yes, but if it is difficult, then it seems unnecessarily punishing. I fully agree with stale meta being an interest killer, but on the other hand rewarding ingenuity and/or time commitment for exotic builds is also very important. Else it risks becoming stale all the same.

Edit: I think I figured out how the OfflineTools shared stash works now, so I take it back about the lack of PlugY, this is a decent replacement and thank you for letting me know it is possible. When I saw it say PlugY shared stash I thought it was an older application that needed PlugY for that feature to work, but glad thats not the case.

Edit Edit: Yeah, offline tools is actually really finnicky, and doesnt seem to actually save the shared stash after I close it, even if I save, so guess its no use after all.
jacqrogue
Fallen
1 | 0
Hi, im playing a new character on single player mode, after the update my armor gears required level tripled, making it unwearable, just sayin not a problem
moody0727
Skeleton
3 | 0
Is it correct that the dimesional key's cubing is working properly?
I killed deimos with a single play.
But the key is not upgraded while the aura is running.

And there seems to be a bug where the amulet of mercenary is not equipped.
Closure
Rust Claw
85 | 6
I also have the bug where merc's can't equip amulets, tried a rare and a unique which the level requirement was definitely low enough to be worn
Ebyam
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Full Duncraig, Fauztinville and Bremmtown clears, 341% MF. Only two SU drops (and no great runes, of course, but that was always par for the course).

Farming vanilla LoD was more satisfying than this.