just reset the boss' health
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Daniel1204 wrote:plz get rid of lockdown mechanism...

So in a multiplayer game, if 1 person dies, the health of the boss just resets even though the other player is still fighting the boss?
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies

I agree ! This is so tedious.. and also as a noob you have to Walk for Ages just to die like 15 times.. feels like a punishment more than something that makes it a challange.
EnkerZan
Bone Archer
71 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Cheno wrote:

So in a multiplayer game, if 1 person dies, the health of the boss just resets even though the other player is still fighting the boss?

I'm sure there is way to have the game check to see if there are players present in the room before it resets.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Berkabus1 wrote:

I agree ! This is so tedious.. and also as a noob you have to Walk for Ages just to die like 15 times.. feels like a punishment more than something that makes it a challange.

Lockdown is a great mechanic , it prevents people from cheesing the bosses, and reseting boss hp aint an option because most bosses summon adds and if you fail and he regens full hp it will be impossible to kill with more adds if you cant kill him under lockdown timer , what you’re suggesting makes it even harder and pointless for noobs
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Scalewinged wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:
MUS01 wrote:Btw, barbarian "mage" can finally arises to the top. You cast Eagle stance and then you move forward...

Looking at the top frame rates for casting with literally any weapon for barb, I doubt that. Minimum is 8 frames, which pits him on the very bottom of speedrun material.

You forgot dualwield... there it's 7 frames and very easy to obtain from spirit guide alone (just 120 FCR needed). the problem is.... caster barb is too much oskill based and there's very limited oskills can be stacked from armor parts only. But still he will have much more potential now. Esp with ene/str factor rework where you don't need to focus on these stats
PS: Also he was a thing in (pre-)Ultimativve... Also it's purely not "speedrun-build" but more it's fun|unusual-build. Me personally don't fkin care about speedrunning, i'm playing for fun only and nothing more.

Look, I never denied you can't play this for fun. What I denied was that caster barb will rise to the top. Because that ain't happening with a character whose only skill-based source for spell caster stats is a minion (Bloodlust & the passive) that you can't even make use of 100% without focusing heavily on minion gear and with a top frame rate of 9 for almost all weapon choices that have good spell oskills. Being able to use the RMB for spells is such a minor factor of qol only, that I especially doubt this single change will bring spell caster barb to the top.

Thanks for pointing out the frame rate on dual wield. The last time I checked the caster frames I only looked at the cast animation for non-dual wielding as I only noticed that bad cast rate when I tried a hammertime barb half a year ago, being shocked that no other weapon could even get close to the caster animation of Paladin/Sorceress.

I do have to correct myself though: If you don't dual wield, the animation takes 9 frames, not 8 as previously mentioned, which in total is almost half the damage you can dish out with sorc/pala.

MUS01 wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:
MUS01 wrote:Btw, barbarian "mage" can finally arises to the top. You cast Eagle stance and then you move forward...

Looking at the top frame rates for casting with literally any weapon for barb, I doubt that. Minimum is 8 frames, which pits him on the very bottom of speedrun material.

Well you can get 200% fcr without gear from spirit guide. Not so bad. Also, with RM + SG you can get crazy defense with cheap gear.

But, I was meaning that would be easier than before use the spells, in specific 2 spells. I think that in old version all the speels should go in the LMB while RMB was perma on ES. If you need change the spell, then you needed change the button and after that click the attack.

Now, you cast ES, AND you get 2 spells at your pleasure.

200% fcr is useless if your minimum frame rate is simply too bad to dish out lots of damage quickly. Compare that to sorceress, who can have 5 frames per animation with staves with the same amount of fcr. Even in the best case scenario (dual wielding), you'll still take 40% more time to do the same amount of damage. In the worst case scenario (not dual wielding) you'll take 80% more time to dish out the same amount of damage, which means unless you get your oskills from non-weapon slots or from dual-wielding, you lose 80% of the damage other characters can dish out.

And let's be honest, the fcr from the passive is rather weak if you consider that speeds are one of the easiest things to come by, especially when you use caster gear, which gives you almost always 100 fcr already. Add to that charms, that give another 20%. (if Idol of Vanitys all combat speeds include cast rate, then that means 35% fcr) Yes, it gives you more leeway to focus on other stats, but considering how few other important caster stats barb has to offer, this looks rather meek, namely +skills, and -enemy resist and spell damage (I don't know the scaling of bloodlusts spell damage portion, hence the last might be a wrong assumption of mine) which just comes on top of barb having bad cast speeds overall.

As for using 2 specific spells. I don't see a problem with switching skills on LMB. All my melee barbs so far used that and it never bothered me when it comes to selecting the correct skill. Especially when you consider that you can switch skills while casting/attacking. I'm sure it does make a difference since you can play less stressful now, but that difference isn't big enough to improve caster barb as much as you stated.

Tl/dr:
The builds that profit the most from that change are melee builds, since you're able to contineously attack with RMB now and don't loose out on the buffs, making the whole gameplay more fluid for those melee builds as you don't miss any frames while misclicking/walking in a slightly wrong direction. And the single build that profits the most from this change is naginata assassin. Of course that heavily depends on whether stances after the change work like attack buffs like Vessels (not doing anything after you switch weapons) or whether they work after buffing yourself on switch and then switching weapons. If the latter is the case, that even improves all assassin and paladin builds since they have such an easy time to get bear stance on switch. Even Sorceresses can get eagle stance easily that way.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
Well, I don't have too much experience with oskill builds

Thanks for the feedback. I've learned a lot.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
MUS01 wrote:Well, I don't have too much experience with oskill builds

Thanks for the feedback. I've learned a lot.

No problem, I don't have much experience with regular builds ;)

You're welcome to try it out nonetheless. There's one oskill that picked my interest when i looked through the craft list: Brimstone. It can roll on scepters and circlets. You can dual-wield scepters for a 7 fpa and in addition to that a level 72 oskill, not counting regular +skills. That could be quite a good build for bosses that don't teleport around, since regular Brimstone from a single piece is already pretty strong. But I haven't looked at all the options either.

Thanks to this discussion I figured out a build I really want to try out next patch. So we both got something out of it ;)
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Also barb from shamanic trance getting str factor (hope it will be converted to new spell focus instead of just removing it).. Btw i understand it' will never be "top" or meta. But maybe smth worthful to play around.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
About time they fixed energy factor. This stat was badly designed and putting it on tiered uniques was even worse.
+200 energy factor looks cool on paper, until you realize that your level 60 character with 300 energy gets +4% spell damage from it. It was difficult to balance, it's either totally useless until level 120 and good gear or way too overpowered at the endgame.