Game news and forum updates
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
morphed wrote:You would have to stop and cast the stances while fighting imagine how much time you loose overall if you cast the stances 200-300 times per fight and you could also die while doing stance change , often you change them for 1 or 2 seconds then revert back to wolf (thats how i played it to be more effective and makr the fight easier), waste half a second everytime is not great , when your window to deal dmg is very small, it will make no sense to do stance change at all coz it will make the fight longer and without eagle you will be in more danger of dying as a melee char.

Let me underline what I was talking about..
now you basically just attacks mobs , no skill swaping , braindead gameplay,

First you complain it's braindead and now you complain that it's too hard to swap and re-cast. Pick a side and stick with it.
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Ekital wrote:
morphed wrote:You would have to stop and cast the stances while fighting imagine how much time you loose overall if you cast the stances 200-300 times per fight and you could also die while doing stance change , often you change them for 1 or 2 seconds then revert back to wolf (thats how i played it to be more effective and makr the fight easier), waste half a second everytime is not great , when your window to deal dmg is very small, it will make no sense to do stance change at all coz it will make the fight longer and without eagle you will be in more danger of dying as a melee char.

First you complain it's braindead and now you complain that it's too hard to swap and re-cast. Pick a side and stick with it.

His concern is not about skill swapping but casting time, now swapping is instant but if pianoing take time because you have to recast like some kind of paladin, it lose it's value, in his gameplay.
I can understand and can hope stances are now buffs but still work as they did because I guess lots of players got used to it. Definitly not me, but it's understandable.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ekital wrote:

Where did i say it’s hard and complained? I said is no longer productive to do it , as you seen in my first post i said that i dont blame the change i was just showing my point of view over it.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Lynderika wrote:
Ekital wrote:

His concern is not about skill swapping but casting time, now swapping is instant but if pianoing take time because you have to recast like some kind of paladin, it lose it's value, in his gameplay.
I can understand and can hope stances are now buffs but still work as they did because I guess lots of players got used to it. Definitly not me, but it's understandable.

Thx
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Damn,... so there is a big content drop in development... I bet it would include Shared Stash. Forum will explode on that day.

And I really love changes in this patch. I found Stance using RM to be VERY ANNOYING (in a fast-pace game like Median), Druid will be interesting as well, we don't have to rely on bear druid for survivability pre-90 anymore, thanks dev team!
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
640 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Shared stash is not and will not be a topic for devs, it has been said many times.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Stances were annoying to me on non-barbarian characters. Ie: Wolf stance bonus on set + Bowzon. She can't use the stance and Phalanx because of how this skill can't be LMB. Barbarian is easily playable on LMB only. The only few times I did use Bear Stance over Wolf Stance was on stuff like TA and IOTSS before the cold damage conversion. Poison based barbs don't really switch from Snake, summoners keep active Bear and throwbarbs can use either Lion/Wolf and switch to 1 point Bear when that extra bit of survivability is needed. I NEVER had the need to stance dance. Playing a melee barb on LMB is casual level of skillswitching. Try an assasin before saying it is terrible. Never tried a summoner I admit.

I just don't want this to become another character spamming stances buffs every 30 seconds. We already have paladin for that.

Developers said they don't intend to revive PlugY like features for now. As a singleplayer user, it sucks. But I got over it. You should do the same, especially with the tools available today.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Barbs mostly didn't stance dance except wolf for ms. If old barb was a piano then it was a shit one, because it was not genuine but rather forced by the "feature" that's locking 1 of your 2 attack buttons permanently. Also "barb was fine" because all of his skills were LMB, obviously. But this change means that any RMB oskill can now be used with stances and opens up a lot of possibly interesting build setups that weren't possible before.

Regarding stance dancing in sam/deimoss, or niche situations where stancedancing is "nerfed", it's a valid complaint, but these scenarios are in the smallest portion of content & playerbase. It makes a lot more sense to balance 1% of the game around the other 99%, rather than vice versa.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I would have 1 question at this point. Why keeping full elemental conversion on bosskilling skills ? This actually gimps his damage output more than anything. No matter what gear choices I tried, I always hit a brick wall at lvl 125 ubers. It is possible to get by using iron spiral/deathgaze, Aerial proved it,but it is far from optimal. Investing in pierce reduces the amount of mods used for survivability/damage and vice-versa. In the end you end up needing gg crafts or extremely rare items to do what melee necromancer can do with average crafts.

Alright, rant is over. I'll see what you got in store with the stances mechanism before being completely hostile to it.I admit that being locked on LMB isn't great for most people.
kurs_x5
Cultist
23 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Please make set items better or at least more easy to find them