Σ Goblin Season Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
Berkabus1
Balrog
136 | 8
I agree with the person above.. why not release for sp also? I get that its Good for community if we all play online but some of us actually cant., feels like a punishment for us who cant, and please ! Dont call me cheap not to get better internet , i live in the Woods..
User avatar
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2723 | 384
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Berkabus1 wrote:I agree with the person above.. why not release for sp also? I get that its Good for community if we all play online but some of us actually cant., feels like a punishment for us who cant, and please ! Dont call me cheap not to get better internet , i live in the Woods..


Why complain then - You get real goblins.
User avatar
Wotan
Polar Worm
1812 | 142
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
That doesn't apply now does it? This is an exclusive online community and as such all new content is online exclusive. SP is just like the offbrand/private servers of other popular games. They get the content way later.
User avatar
Frytas
Djinn
519 | 73
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
What I'm asking for is that everyone playing this mod gets the same experience, regardless of whether they can or cannot play online - obviously because it affects me directly, but also because I think it's fair that way. You're advocating for some sort of exclusive multiplayer only club, if that sounds ok in your mind then I think we can agree to disagree.

btw you're literally playing on a private server, and then saying "SP is like the private servers" xdddd
And yes, it does apply, you're only ok with it cause you already play on TSW so you are not missing out, that's it

Berkabus1 wrote:I agree with the person above.. why not release for sp also? I get that its Good for community if we all play online but some of us actually cant., feels like a punishment for us who cant, and please ! Dont call me cheap not to get better internet , i live in the Woods..
Similar situation here, just not quite as extreme: I live in a rural area, outside of town, and there is only one ISP here, max speed is 7.5Mbit download/Sub-1Mbps upload. In most games my ping is fine, but on TSW it's all over the place.
Edited by Frytas 3 months.
User avatar
Wotan
Polar Worm
1812 | 142
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Frytas wrote:What I'm asking for is that everyone playing this mod gets the same experience, regardless of whether they can or cannot play online - obviously because it affects me directly, but also because I think it's fair that way. You're advocating for some sort of exclusive multiplayer only club, if that sounds ok in your mind then I think we can agree to disagree.

btw you're literally playing on a private server, and then saying "SP is like the private servers" xdddd
And yes, it does apply, you're only ok with it cause you already play on TSW so you are not missing out, that's it


I don't condone anything. I am just saying you how the content is perceived by the creators and in this sense its kinda wrong to think SP is entitled to the same content as MP. If you play strictly SP, then you are welcomed to continue to do so. Nobody is stopping you.
Cheno
Heretic
404 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Frytas wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:
Cheno wrote:
tbone503 wrote:However, it doesn't seem to clarify if it's ladder only since non-ladder is on the realm too. Perhaps a mod can clarify?

To add to this, it was clarified on discord, as well in the discord announcement that it is realm-only. I assume non-ladder is included but I don't really know.


It's a realm patch, so non-ladder is included.

So nothing for SP at all? Any particular reason for that? My ping is absolute ass on TSW so I play on SP, missing out on content just because of that sounds extremely lame.


You will not get the goblin event on SP but I assume that you will receive balance changes etc. Some mod or team member mentioned that there are not a lot of balance changes, so don't expect any class reworks or anything in that direction, presumably just number tweaking.
User avatar
Frytas
Djinn
519 | 73
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Which is exactly my point. If the goblins are the main draw of this update, and they're not gonna be available on SP, then those of us who play on single player can just ignore the patch altogether. I disagree with denying a part of your audience new content, even though it's already right there in the game files, just because of the way they choose or need to play(offline vs online). That's it. I'll stop now, sorry if I sounded angry, I just dislike this type of approach to content updates. It's a free mod and at the end of the day it's the devs' choice. I just wanted to share my opinion.
User avatar
Tokkie
Acid Prince
46 | 2
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Frytas wrote:Which is exactly my point. If the goblins are the main draw of this update, and they're not gonna be available on SP, then those of us who play on single player can just ignore the patch altogether. I disagree with denying a part of your audience new content, even though it's already right there in the game files, just because of the way they choose or need to play(offline vs online). That's it. I'll stop now, sorry if I sounded angry, I just dislike this type of approach to content updates. It's a free mod and at the end of the day it's the devs' choice. I just wanted to share my opinion.


I guess u have already tried it, but in case not. Try use a different Gs for ur region. I have noticed real lag spikes in some of those public games with a different Gs.
But again I think u’ve already tried that.
User avatar
Marco
Team Member
1881 | 1207
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Frytas wrote:Which is exactly my point. If the goblins are the main draw of this update, and they're not gonna be available on SP, then those of us who play on single player can just ignore the patch altogether. I disagree with denying a part of your audience new content, even though it's already right there in the game files, just because of the way they choose or need to play(offline vs online). That's it. I'll stop now, sorry if I sounded angry, I just dislike this type of approach to content updates. It's a free mod and at the end of the day it's the devs' choice. I just wanted to share my opinion.


but what's the point of a loot patch in SP when all items and chars will become incompatible in 2.0?
User avatar
Texalic
Grubber
326 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Make a loot patch for 2.0 then :mjump:

Just kidding, this will be my first season online, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it a lot, it sounds amazingly fun :yay:

And it will be a good lesson for me to learn more about mod itself, more about mechanics and about mxl.

Thank You once again :clap: :clap: