Game news and forum updates
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
It has been stated again and again that the main priority of the mod team is ladder. Not realm as a whole, ladder specifically. You might think that SP and realm should receive equal amount of attention, the only thing I can say to that is that you and the mod team do not share goals and this is not a new thing. I've played both ladder and SP and at this point, I honestly prefer ladder over SP. Not that ladder is perfect, it has its own problems. If you literally can't play realm, then that's just tough luck. It would be ideal if both receive the same attention but that doesn't seem to be on the radar at all.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marco wrote:
Frytas wrote:Which is exactly my point. If the goblins are the main draw of this update, and they're not gonna be available on SP, then those of us who play on single player can just ignore the patch altogether. I disagree with denying a part of your audience new content, even though it's already right there in the game files, just because of the way they choose or need to play(offline vs online). That's it. I'll stop now, sorry if I sounded angry, I just dislike this type of approach to content updates. It's a free mod and at the end of the day it's the devs' choice. I just wanted to share my opinion.

but what's the point of a loot patch in TSW when all items and chars will become incompatible in 2.0?
Idk, you tell me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marco wrote:
Frytas wrote:Which is exactly my point. If the goblins are the main draw of this update, and they're not gonna be available on SP, then those of us who play on single player can just ignore the patch altogether. I disagree with denying a part of your audience new content, even though it's already right there in the game files, just because of the way they choose or need to play(offline vs online). That's it. I'll stop now, sorry if I sounded angry, I just dislike this type of approach to content updates. It's a free mod and at the end of the day it's the devs' choice. I just wanted to share my opinion.

but what's the point of a loot patch in SP when all items and chars will become incompatible in 2.0?

Not to be like that but.. whats the point playing until full release of 2.0 then ? Goblins wont drop anything we havnt seen anyways.
ProGTO
Cultist
20 | 0
Berkabus1 wrote:
Marco wrote:

but what's the point of a loot patch in SP when all items and chars will become incompatible in 2.0?

Not to be like that but.. whats the point playing until full release of 2.0 then ? Goblins wont drop anything we havnt seen anyways.

Ladder reset, the entire point of ladders/online is what makes it fun. Racing with others and see whose rng is better... ;p SP is different, you can legit dupe and dupe all items infinitely. The better question is, what is the point of playing singleplayer... If for some reason you absolutely cannot play online, I feel sorry but at that point I would just find another game/hobby tbh, this is not the only game in the entire world
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Berkabus1 wrote:
Marco wrote:

wrong
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ProGTO wrote:
Berkabus1 wrote:
Marco wrote:

Ladder reset, the entire point of ladders/online is what makes it fun. Racing with others and see whose rng is better... ;p SP is different, you can legit dupe and dupe all items infinitely. The better question is, what is the point of playing singleplayer... If for some reason you absolutely cannot play online, I feel sorry but at that point I would just find another game/hobby tbh, this is not the only game in the entire world

How very compassionate, I only played this game for 18 years, I'm just gonna drop it right now and forget it exists cause I can't play on a private server of a popular mod, great advice tyvm

Also love the fact that you mention duping like it's what everyone does, I do a self wipe every large update(so 1.x, but not 1.7.x), never duped anything, always played legit, yet I'm excluded and counted as a cheater cause I get shit ping on TSW

Really makes me want to join the community :)
Zartok
Rust Claw
86 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Frytas wrote:... cause I get shit ping on TSW

Have you tried to force joining a game server? They seem to have game servers almost all over the world, from eu, to usa, to australia to china :)

https://tsw.median-xl.com/info

You can select a game server manually by typing gs+the number at the server u want to connect to in the box "Game Description", like if u want to join Vietnam server i type gs4 in the box.

I havent played this mod for a couple of years now, so looking forward to see people online and socialize with randoms while playing the game:)
ProGTO
Cultist
20 | 0
Frytas wrote:
ProGTO wrote:
Berkabus1 wrote:
Marco wrote:

How very compassionate, I only played this game for 18 years, I'm just gonna drop it right now and forget it exists cause I can't play on a private server of a popular mod, great advice tyvm

Also love the fact that you mention duping like it's what everyone does, I do a self wipe every large update(so 1.x, but not 1.7.x), never duped anything, always played legit, yet I'm excluded and counted as a cheater cause I get shit ping on TSW

I mean you can btch all you want, it is what it is, the game is fun because ladders exist and online(meaning you need decent internet, dont even need "good" internet). It is standard nowadays that people have decent internet, complaining to the devs that you cannot play all of the game's features on this free mod due to your own life situation is just weird. A simple question of, "will this be added to singleplayer?" is enough for the devs. But instead people go into their own life situations and how they cannot play online and such. Like one guy saying he lives in the woods...like come on... Bringing this up is just unfair because everyone already have the answer in their head, "get better internet, move somewhere else", just no one wants to say it...
immune
Thunder Beetle
50 | 7
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Seems like an interesting season for another lockdown!
BossaNova
Fallen
1 | 3
Marco wrote:

so whats the point on doing this on ladder then?

such a dumb excuse lol