Σ Goblin Season Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
User avatar
Inno86
Sasquatch
69 | 1
immune wrote:Seems like an interesting season for another lockdown!


Oh yeah, I played so much the lockdown season last year :bounce: too bad no lockdown for me in 2021 :lol: will still try to kill as many gobs as possible
Closure
Stygian Watcher
43 | 2
All this complaining.... You would think that you guys have paid towards this fantastic mod :flip:

Ps... New Zealand wants a server so we can also enjoy less than 200ms ping :mrgreen:

Hype for ladder reset as always, my only gripe is that it wasn't a week earlier cause my holidays are due to end
paolo12
Rust Claw
83 | 7
Frytas wrote:
ProGTO wrote:
Berkabus1 wrote:
Marco wrote:
Frytas wrote:Which is exactly my point. If the goblins are the main draw of this update, and they're not gonna be available on SP, then those of us who play on single player can just ignore the patch altogether. I disagree with denying a part of your audience new content, even though it's already right there in the game files, just because of the way they choose or need to play(offline vs online). That's it. I'll stop now, sorry if I sounded angry, I just dislike this type of approach to content updates. It's a free mod and at the end of the day it's the devs' choice. I just wanted to share my opinion.


but what's the point of a loot patch in SP when all items and chars will become incompatible in 2.0?


Not to be like that but.. whats the point playing until full release of 2.0 then ? Goblins wont drop anything we havnt seen anyways.


Ladder reset, the entire point of ladders/online is what makes it fun. Racing with others and see whose rng is better... ;p SP is different, you can legit dupe and dupe all items infinitely. The better question is, what is the point of playing singleplayer... If for some reason you absolutely cannot play online, I feel sorry but at that point I would just find another game/hobby tbh, this is not the only game in the entire world

How very compassionate, I only played this game for 18 years, I'm just gonna drop it right now and forget it exists cause I can't play on a private server of a popular mod, great advice tyvm

Also love the fact that you mention duping like it's what everyone does, I do a self wipe every large update(so 1.x, but not 1.7.x), never duped anything, always played legit, yet I'm excluded and counted as a cheater cause I get shit ping on TSW

Really makes me want to join the community :)

Community has been like that for a long time now. If don't agree with the one and only "party truth" some people will simply classify you as hostile.
Developers continue to allow SP to exist- which I'm grateful for. But that feeling of inequality is not something nice at all.
User avatar
Scalewinged
Horadric Mage
1041 | 43
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Me personally don't like that "mp-only" thing too BUT there were always things called "ladder-only" since clod. Me have sick inet too but... ok, i guess i can wait some more time without new patch (thankfully mod have very wide content that i haven't tried/tested/done... for me just one example is oskill builds, with fact that i like to play ssf only - that's alot) to get a huge one later in exchange (like that was with M17, then with Sigma...)
serek
Jungle Hunter
29 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Scalewinged wrote:Me personally don't like that "mp-only" thing too BUT there were always things called "ladder-only" since clod. Me have sick inet too but... ok, i guess i can wait some more time without new patch (thankfully mod have very wide content that i haven't tried/tested/done... for me just one example is oskill builds, with fact that i like to play ssf only - that's alot) to get a huge one later in exchange (like that was with M17, then with Sigma...)


On that front, goblins enable you another way of getting the relics and other type of loot from certain gobs.
nemmate
Abomination
157 | 5
I always played offline, because in the beginning for Median it was just "overwrite your file in Diablo 2 folder", and the game started. I really appreciate that after all these years, I can always play offline with the minor changes. If I won't see any goblins, I don't really care if I can continue to play offline with the patch 2.0. By the way, I had a Pac-Man fight once in the cow level, even offline.
User avatar
kissofaries
Daystar
671 | 8
Let's not forget Diablo Clone and Uber Tristram in clod were LADDER ONLY until PlugY happened.

btw: Ladder-only runewords w/o PlugY for clod as well.

inb4 SP removed in 2.0
Conquest
Balrog
137 | 1
Median XL started out as a strictly single-player mod with all the loot etc balanced towards that.
Later on D2 Maniacs server went online and was hosting this mod and it became somewhat popular.
Post LAZ era got this mod slowly towards realm play oriented and 2.0 might be realm only like other Diablo 2 mods such as Path of Diablo or Project Diablo.

Diablo 2 as a base game got designed primarily with realm play in mind. Even in 2000, where broadband internet access was rather scarce outside of just a few countries (mainly U.S.). SP was a good addition to the game and enabled people to enjoy it without internet access, this made sense in 2000 as that era was dominated by single player computer games. Right now tho? Not really, almost every game that comes out is focused on multiplayer experience.

This is a good mod that we don't even have to pay for so there's not much to complain about tbh. Let's hope this patch will bring some class changes on top of those loot pinata spawns. There are still main specs that are really clunky and un-fun to play.
paolo12
Rust Claw
83 | 7
Conquest wrote:Median XL started out as a strictly single-player mod with all the loot etc balanced towards that.
Later on D2 Maniacs server went online and was hosting this mod and it became somewhat popular.
Post LAZ era got this mod slowly towards realm play oriented and 2.0 might be realm only like other Diablo 2 mods such as Path of Diablo or Project Diablo.

Diablo 2 as a base game got designed primarily with realm play in mind. Even in 2000, where broadband internet access was rather scarce outside of just a few countries (mainly U.S.). SP was a good addition to the game and enabled people to enjoy it without internet access, this made sense in 2000 as that era was dominated by single player computer games. Right now tho? Not really, almost every game that comes out is focused on multiplayer experience.



So what will be the difference between those MP only mods/games and Median XL after removing SP competely?
User avatar
Jampula
Cow Ninja
1294 | 46
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
If SP gets removed I stop playing, simple as that. I have enjoyed this mod since 2008 (and the D2 since the release, even on bnet when my computer and internet was baaaad), Laz and the current team has done awesome work, so what if I don't get some little rascals to my game, SP already has a nice drop-rate and you don't need some super-rare relics or Tyrael's armor to survive. It will be a shame if 2.0 is realm-only thing but I haven't seen any facts about that, there are still other games too to enjoy as someone mentioned.

Still I agree with Frytas, but what can you do... I'm actually moving in a few months to a pretty remote location so I think online-playing is out of the question even nowadays, but I don't mind.