Σ Goblin Season Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
Bearded_DooD
Pit Knight
112 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Geez srsly I don't want to see goblins anymore. Those were fun for once....but when I get more "end game" trophies and relics from them I just don't rly make me do those fight on my own.
kurs_x5
Cultist
23 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I really hope that at least they let the Staff of Herding be in game with the skill Rainbow Storm even with no more goblins
ureiz
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Goblins are really fun, maybe tone down the trophies one but it's really a nice addition to your regular farm.
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
Is there any other way of obtaining relics? Not a single one dropped in sp.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Seikun wrote:Is there any other way of obtaining relics? Not a single one dropped in sp.

They're a rare drop from I think any monster. I have a +10 Wychwind in SP but that's all.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bearded_DooD wrote:Geez srsly I don't want to see goblins anymore. Those were fun for once....but when I get more "end game" trophies and relics from them I just don't rly make me do those fight on my own.

you know that no one is forcing you to kill them or pick up the stuff they drop, right? if they make you not want to do the uber, then you probably weren't going to do the uber in the first place.
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Crash wrote:
Bearded_DooD wrote:Geez srsly I don't want to see goblins anymore. Those were fun for once....but when I get more "end game" trophies and relics from them I just don't rly make me do those fight on my own.

you know that no one is forcing you to kill them or pick up the stuff they drop, right? if they make you not want to do the uber, then you probably weren't going to do the uber in the first place.

I'm actually with Bearded on this one. Greatly detracts from the game experience imo; feels like a cheap trick, like using an item trainer. Whenever I got a charm off a goblin, it didn't stop me from farming the boss for a perfect charm however, it did diminish the experience for me because now I already had the benefit of that charm going into the boss fight, so I was that much more powerful which felt like I didn't really succeed tbh. And you can't possibly say not to pickup the charms when they are a legitimate drop in the game... That is simply a rude attempt to squash the posters POV without actually addressing the elephant of unfairly getting unearned charms. And yes, I understand it is part of this season so I roll with it, but in the off chance the devs decide to keep goblins due to their popularity, I think it's important everyone has the right to express their opinions about them... Don't you feel the same Crash?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The whole Goblin Season is just a joke. Season after season the mod becomes easier, and now this easy access to pretty much everything the mod has to offer. I also realize this is just a one-time phase, but I really hope 2.0 does something differently, get the real challenge back.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Taem wrote:Don't you feel the same Crash?

i dont disagree that charms and trophies dropping from regular monsters is a good idea. i think thats garbage. but it doesnt really justify the "well i have the charm, fuck that uber i guess, might as well skip it"

people who want to actually play the game will play it. if they skip an uber because they already "completed" it by picking up a goblin drop, chances are more likely that they probably weren't going to do it anyways because their satisfaction was the charm, not the uber completion.

point remains that the season was an offshoot meant to give players an edge in rng and endgame exploration, so its rather moot to fully argue one side or the other anyways, right?
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Crash wrote:point remains that the season was an offshoot meant to give players an edge in rng and endgame exploration, so its rather moot to fully argue one side or the other anyways, right?

Yep, fully agree! And I see where you are coming from as well that if someone let the charm drop crush their desire to defeat the boss, then that's on them and to that, I do agree as well. Crushing a boss you struggled with previously is very satisfying, as is farming a perfect charm from said boss. I think the only point of contention *was* the discussion point I brought up re how getting the charm off a goblin cheapens the initial boss kill the first time around, but since Goblins probably will not be in 2.0, it's rather a moot point as you said. So yep, full agreement with you.