ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
patrick_pkl wrote:
Marco wrote:but what's the point of a loot patch in SP when all items and chars will become incompatible in 2.0?

Could you elaborate on this Marco? I think a fair bit of players here play offline.

I didn't realize the distinction between SP and multiplayer when I first started, I thought multiplayer namely was for trading.

Is this with the goal of encouraging ppl to play online? Because it sounds like online non-ladder isn't affected. So it's more than just a technical incompatibility?

It would be helpful if this info is pinned somewhere so people know! So new incoming players are aware or existing players are aware, and we can already make a switch to playing online beginning this season.

I think the point is that the team doesn't want to throw out a patch for SP that drops far more loot than usual, because SP players would just never update their games anymore. I mean... why would you ever update the game again if the next update would only make it a lot harder to farm effigies for example? It wouldn't make sense. SP players would just stay on 1.8 and thus this mod would loose a huge chunk of their community.

Online non-ladder characters are free of that "curse" because the servers get patched automatically. Nonladder players can't just decide not to update to 2.0 so the risk of loosing a significant part of your playerbase doesn't exist at all when it comes to nonladder players.

Just look at the patch 1.8 as a temporary event that allows you to try out builds that you always wanted to try out, but lacked the items for. When 2.0 releases, you can go back to SP.
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
nemmate wrote:And what about offline single player? For 2.0 all the things will change? Chars, items, skills? I always played only offline. It will work 2.0 offline too?

Not sure if I understand your question, but I think that you ask if 2.0 will work offline as previous versions...that question can be answered by the Dev team only, but I'm sure it will be, as it has been from the beginning.
patrick_pkl wrote:Just tagging my reply above! What do u mean by keeping game folder with old version? Like keeping two seperate patches of the game? MXL 1.9 and MXL 2.0 in two different folders?

Well, yeah, why not, it should work perfectly fine.
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
ParticuLarry wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote:Oh wow. It feels like all the hours farming and building up my multiple sp chars are kinda pointless now lol. I've collected like a ton of SU/SSUs, RWs and sets, and made about 20 level 120-130+ chars to try. :cry: ouch

This refers to offline single player, yes? (I thought there wasn't a distinction, but asking only because the previous reply stated that)

When is 2.0 coming? Thinking it makes more sense to stop playing temporarily till 2.0 is out. Are there going to be significant revamps? If not I might perhaps at least continue trying out new classes first and focus less on farming SSUs.

The exact date hasn't been announced yet. They only mentioned that it'll happen sometime in the first half of the year 2021. A couple of pages ago in this thread Marco said something along the lines of "Patch 1.8 is a farming season. As such it can be extended if necessary." So the next patch could take anywhere from 3 to 6 months. Or even longer.

The patch 2.0 will most likely include some major revamps, which causes all old characters to not be compatible anymore. It doesn't matter whether it's single player or online ladder characters. You simply won't be able to play with them anymore. Unless you stay in version 1.7 or 1.8 and don't upgrade anymore. What exactly will change - nobody knows, aside from the team working on it. But it has to be something major, else the characters would still be compatible. Marco also mentioned that they had 3 ideas for new rifts or dungeons. So we might as well see 1 or 2 new areas in 2.0

I could also imagine anything from item reworks to skill tree reworks, up to an extension of the 6th act (Caldeum). But these are only my thoughts, so don't pay them too much attention :D

Thanks for clarifying that it affects all characters across the board. Meaning online but non ladder characters too?
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
ParticuLarry wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote:
Marco wrote:but what's the point of a loot patch in SP when all items and chars will become incompatible in 2.0?

Could you elaborate on this Marco? I think a fair bit of players here play offline.

I didn't realize the distinction between SP and multiplayer when I first started, I thought multiplayer namely was for trading.

Is this with the goal of encouraging ppl to play online? Because it sounds like online non-ladder isn't affected. So it's more than just a technical incompatibility?

It would be helpful if this info is pinned somewhere so people know! So new incoming players are aware or existing players are aware, and we can already make a switch to playing online beginning this season.

I think the point is that the team doesn't want to throw out a patch for SP that drops far more loot than usual, because SP players would just never update their games anymore. I mean... why would you ever update the game again if the next update would only make it a lot harder to farm effigies for example? It wouldn't make sense. SP players would just stay on 1.8 and thus this mod would loose a huge chunk of their community.

Online non-ladder characters are free of that "curse" because the servers get patched automatically. Nonladder players can't just decide not to update to 2.0 so the risk of loosing a significant part of your playerbase doesn't exist at all when it comes to nonladder players.

Just look at the patch 1.8 as a temporary event that allows you to try out builds that you always wanted to try out, but lacked the items for. When 2.0 releases, you can go back to SP.

A little confused by the reply. Was more of asking about the 2.0 incompatibility rather than the whole goblins not appearing in sp thing. Is that why I'm confused?

Just surprised by the 2.0 incompatibility thingy and fresh reset. If the incompatibility applies to even non ladder characters due to technical reasons, then I guess it can't be helped and is quite understandable. Meaning even if I start a ladder char this season and it turns non ladder in 1.9, it will end up being unplayable still on 2.0, correct?

I initially thought that the incompatibility was only for SP chars either for technical reasons or to encourage moving over to online. In that instance, I felt that the implications of SP could be highlighted to new players joining. But sounds like that's not the case in this instance.
Edited by patrick_pkl 3 years.
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
Talic wrote:
nemmate wrote:And what about offline single player? For 2.0 all the things will change? Chars, items, skills? I always played only offline. It will work 2.0 offline too?

Not sure if I understand your question, but I think that you ask if 2.0 will work offline as previous versions...that question can be answered by the Dev team only, but I'm sure it will be, as it has been from the beginning.
patrick_pkl wrote:Just tagging my reply above! What do u mean by keeping game folder with old version? Like keeping two seperate patches of the game? MXL 1.9 and MXL 2.0 in two different folders?

Thank you for the answer. If I can play like always in offline, that's enough for me. I'm an old player, most of the time I play for nostalgic reasons. But with this mod is more than enough. Thanks for the development team!!!
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Talic wrote:

Thanks for clarifying! I'm excited by the idea of a fresh start. But might also consider keeping a 1.8/1.9 version because I never got to finish farming all the SSUs I needed to clear end-game content. e.g. Demoss, Samuel, high labs. I'm like halfway done and missing a couple of SSU pieces I'm hunting for, and don't think I'll be done by time 2.0 comes out.
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
patrick_pkl wrote:Thanks for clarifying! I'm excited by the idea of a fresh start. But might also consider keeping a 1.8/1.9 version because I never got to finish farming all the SSUs I needed to clear end-game content. e.g. Demoss, Samuel, high labs. I'm like halfway done and missing a couple of SSU pieces I'm hunting for, and don't think I'll be done by time 2.0 comes out.

Yeah, just make sure if you use launcher, don't forget to backup (copy paste) your game folder before updating.

I'm not able to enter Pit level 2, anyone else, sorry if it is a dumb question, didn't play for a while, I do read patch notes though don't remember anything about the pit level 2.

Thank You
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Talic wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote:Thanks for clarifying! I'm excited by the idea of a fresh start. But might also consider keeping a 1.8/1.9 version because I never got to finish farming all the SSUs I needed to clear end-game content. e.g. Demoss, Samuel, high labs. I'm like halfway done and missing a couple of SSU pieces I'm hunting for, and don't think I'll be done by time 2.0 comes out.

Yeah, just make sure if you use launcher, don't forget to backup (copy paste) your game folder before updating.

I'm not able to enter Pit level 2, anyone else, sorry if it is a dumb question, didn't play for a while, I do read patch notes though don't remember anything about the pit level 2.

Thank You

Pit lvl 2 is Hell only cuz its Infernal Machine dungeon.
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Seekers wrote:Pit lvl 2 is Hell only cuz its Infernal Machine dungeon.

I was wondering what is it since my character was just saying "I can't" :mrgreen:

Thank You
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
As an offline player I didn't find a goblin, but I appreciate that I can find the scrolls. Thank you!!