Σ Goblin Season Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
kissmevn
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi, does old characters work with this version's goblins or should I create new char(I play offline, though)
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
kissmevn wrote:Hi, does old characters work with this version's goblins or should I create new char(I play offline, though)

Goblins are online-only
Pel
Core Lord
362 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Very good season the goblind design is very good altough i still haven't found a single rainbow goblin maybe the Arcane collector drops can be nerfed if the goblins will remain in the future.
Since i couldn't find a suggestion forum/topic I'm really sorry if there is one already.
Suggestions for future pathces :
Increased difficulty in normal/nightmare overall everything dies too fast and barely does any damage it feels like no challenge of course I understand the early game should be easy but kinda too easy also feels weird.
Increased mobs density in Hell for Rifts/Dungeons would be really nice.
Once again sorry if there is a place where i should have written my thoughts and Thanks for the awesome mod and devs.
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
As sp only person, I couldn't care less about goblins; the only thing I would wish for is that scrolls for helms and amulets become available through some other means. I hate knowing that my char is less powerful than he/she could be.

But then... chars and loot incompatible with 2.0? I lack appropriate words to describe just how much it sucks. I get it, it's most likely fundamental problem and not a whim of dev team, but it doesn't suck any less.
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I really enjoy the goblin twist however....

THEY SHOULD NOT DROP CHARMS OR TROPHY'S!!!

That is so cheap.... It's cool that you can have a chance of finding good gear without days of grinding as a casual player such as myself, it really drives up the replay factor and has me hooked ! But you strive to get better with your gear to defeat these bosses and "earn" your charms . Getting them from a goblin drop is actually disappointing . Takes away from the replay factor
jasiunas
Cultist
24 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
For me it actually worked the other way around.
A charm drop made me believe I can actually try to get one from a boss. Getting a trophy motivated me to actually try to grind for more which I never put enough effort and give up.
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
@Taem

From what I understand it is because characters won't be compatible with 2.0 hence the goblins, for everyone to enjoy a little bit more than usual before 2.0 hits us with nice surprise :bounce:
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Interesting... I assumed they tried it due to popularity of goblins in d3. So far, it seems to be a big success... Larger player base playing for much much longer this season when normally, season would of dried up by now. I think it shows an obvious interest in keeping goblins when the majority of the player base seem to enjoy them and this keeps them (the players) playing. I think reverting to how it was will have the effect of dropping the long term playability for most players. From my perspective as a casual player, goblins have kept my interest and got me interactive within the community and trading for the first time since I finally have items of value. I don't think the long time players will like this, but it's true, and an oversaturation of the market will level the trade economy from those with low tg to those with tens of thousands, although those are hardly my interests, but SB has mentioned it before and the other mods tried ideas to spend tg to level the trade section. From my pov, I'm only interested in keeping goblins for the sake of finding items without having to grind days at a time when I have a 2yr old and not a lot of time to play, but not if they drop charms...
Extr4w1
Cultist
24 | 1
Goblins are rarely appears, even if it is, it most likely be normal treasure goblin.
Trophy Seekers are ridiculously rare that usually it's 1 after 3-4 treasure or baron.
Not to mention that 2.0 will be incompatible with previous versions of characters and items.
Might as well dump everything before it rendered useless.
Sardonic
Gravedigger
194 | 8
Taem wrote:Interesting... I assumed they tried it due to popularity of goblins in d3. So far, it seems to be a big success... Larger player base playing for much much longer this season when normally, season would of dried up by now. I think it shows an obvious interest in keeping goblins when the majority of the player base seem to enjoy them and this keeps them (the players) playing. I think reverting to how it was will have the effect of dropping the long term playability for most players. From my perspective as a casual player, goblins have kept my interest and got me interactive within the community and trading for the first time since I finally have items of value. I don't think the long time players will like this, but it's true, and an oversaturation of the market will level the trade economy from those with low tg to those with tens of thousands, although those are hardly my interests, but SB has mentioned it before and the other mods tried ideas to spend tg to level the trade section. From my pov, I'm only interested in keeping goblins for the sake of finding items without having to grind days at a time when I have a 2yr old and not a lot of time to play, but not if they drop charms...

I agree with everything you said, expect for the charms/trophy. I think that finding specific charms like Laz, void, bone pile inspire me to go farther in the game because I typically cannot get those charms without having to grind out some items and hopefully sell them for some TG to purchase the charms I need. I think finding the frags/trophies from Goblins changes where I focus my attention while playing, for I as well have a 7, 1.5, and newborn. I can appreciate the 1-2 hours after everyone goes to bed. The unexpected drops of effigy/relics and MO's has drastically changed the trade market for I have found a ton of each and have a chance to use what I need and trade what I do not need to be effective in the league.
Anyway, Cheers to a fun league and keep up the hard ware Dev's. We the people appreciate it.