M17 1.1 Announced

Game news and forum updates
User avatar
mahitovec
Amazon Warrior
1683 | 122
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You can't transfer your chars from mp to sp. There will be no wipe though, so if you really want to keep playing chars you have right now, you can play non-ladder.
User avatar
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
schnuppy wrote:sure new features and contents are always nice and fine, but i had, since this season started, just time to fastly boost 5 chars till lv 120 and 1 of them, my pala, is now 121. I didnt have time to farm Greatrunes, or elemental runes, dont have a single Xis-Rune. I just have the most sets and a few interessting SUs for different chars, of course a lot of other weaker SUs, but the time was not enough to start a second hero, and get warm with it, and make it good and strong. So i fear, even if i play at least a few hours per day and enjoying this community and its trade possibility, and of course the fact i have to play clean, the time is running a bit too fast here for me because i want to have things at least to 90% complete in games, before starting something new. Not just playing 2 or 3 chars... and then the next thing already waits... As i see this all, im not right here... i have probably to start SP.

Or is there at least any way to continue using the "old" TSW saves in singleplayer or somewhere else then, when a overhaul released?


Playing in SP keeps your progress from being reset, but I believe the character you create in this version may or may not be compatible with the upcoming patch. Correct me if I'm wrong tho.
User avatar
thanosdk
Lava Lord
91 | 4
ScarletEdge wrote:
schnuppy wrote:sure new features and contents are always nice and fine, but i had, since this season started, just time to fastly boost 5 chars till lv 120 and 1 of them, my pala, is now 121. I didnt have time to farm Greatrunes, or elemental runes, dont have a single Xis-Rune. I just have the most sets and a few interessting SUs for different chars, of course a lot of other weaker SUs, but the time was not enough to start a second hero, and get warm with it, and make it good and strong. So i fear, even if i play at least a few hours per day and enjoying this community and its trade possibility, and of course the fact i have to play clean, the time is running a bit too fast here for me because i want to have things at least to 90% complete in games, before starting something new. Not just playing 2 or 3 chars... and then the next thing already waits... As i see this all, im not right here... i have probably to start SP.

Or is there at least any way to continue using the "old" TSW saves in singleplayer or somewhere else then, when a overhaul released?


Playing in SP keeps your progress from being reset, but I believe the character you create in this version may or may not be compatible with the upcoming patch. Correct me if I'm wrong tho.


https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.p ... 68#p125868

It will be compatible since it belongs to the MXL 2017 patch "era".
User avatar
void
Polar Worm
1854 | 68
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
from what i understand there wont even be a reset, just a new update patch and thats it
User avatar
Rishab
Polar Worm
1828 | 129
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
there will be a ladder reset ofc, but old chars and items will stay compatible (on realm they will just turn non-ladder)
MXLU Bestiary(old)| Useful BBcodes| Discord Chat | Community Project: Median Wiki
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
schnuppy
Thunder Beetle
57 | 1
mahitovec wrote:You can't transfer your chars from mp to sp. There will be no wipe though, so if you really want to keep playing chars you have right now, you can play non-ladder.


ok... did i understand you right? If theres a great overhaul, the nonladder chars are after it still playable at this realm? This would solve my problems instantly... but i dont think so...
User avatar
void
Polar Worm
1854 | 68
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
schnuppy wrote:
mahitovec wrote:You can't transfer your chars from mp to sp. There will be no wipe though, so if you really want to keep playing chars you have right now, you can play non-ladder.


ok... did i understand you right? If theres a great overhaul, the nonladder chars are after it still playable at this realm? This would solve my problems instantly... but i dont think so...

yes, its a ladder reset but you can still play the char you have now on the non-ladder realm. its just like regular d2 in that way and your char will still be compatible
schnuppy
Thunder Beetle
57 | 1
i understood, what marco wrote, and its clear, that when ladder ends, all becomes non-ladder, and i can continue nonladdering trough the next patch. But in case of a big reset (and noone can tell me, wheather its in 2 years or in 3 months) all chars are gone, right? I cant edit them to SP with any tool, or save my progress otherwise? There are no other inofficial tools or ways known?
schnuppy
Thunder Beetle
57 | 1
didnt see your anwer void... srry. Was it the answer to my last question too? dont want to ask here too much unnecessary and nooby questions^^
everyone is happy and looks forward to the new patch :)
User avatar
thunderman
Detonator
751 | 40
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Full Wipe is not made because modmakers just want to do it, it is required, because with so many core changes that happened in MXL 2017 patch all old characters where not playable anymore, and even if somehow you were able to run such character it most likely would be bugged so much that you would have instant crashes, bugged skills, items etc.
From what I've heard Full Wipe happens only with release of really 'big' patches and next one is planned for Sigma release, so I wouldn't worry about it now 8-)