2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Anonymous: wrote:
Prime_Evil wrote:At least a month to go, that's good news for me. Enough time to deal with my stuff irl, and then focus on flits. Someone must be smiling down on me...

Smiling ? It might be japanese laughing at your test results.

Maybe. Hopefully it wont be so bad that it involves tentacles.
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
NEW PATCH HYPE
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Calypso1992 wrote:I do wonder why they'd bother to say "very soon" if the release is more than a month away. They effectively killed their entire user base until release. = less donations, etc..

1- The time frame rishab gave isn't fully accurate. He said at least a month but it's actually closer to 3 weeks
2- The "soon" word is a meme, I'm pretty sure everybody knows this but the reality is that some people just want to believe other things. For the amount of content coming in this patch, a month away is "very soon". Most other major patches had been announced to come soon and took about 3 or more months to be finished, thus saying "very soon" is consistent and gives out that players won't need to wait as long (compared to previous patch announcements)
3- We didn't kill the playerbase, if you want to compare player count pre and post announcement it's about the same. People know by now how long seasons usually last
4- While such an announcement drops the amount of donations until next season, it's still the right thing to do. It would be frustrating for a player to get TG and spend it to find out "surprise patch" will come out the next day. Additionally, it's the price you pay to get the word out and build the hype for the new season
Vade
Vampiress
39 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Marco wrote:
Calypso1992 wrote:I do wonder why they'd bother to say "very soon" if the release is more than a month away. They effectively killed their entire user base until release. = less donations, etc..

1- The time frame rishab gave isn't fully accurate. He said at least a month but it's actually closer to 3 weeks
2- The "soon" word is a meme, I'm pretty sure everybody knows this but the reality is that some people just want to believe other things. For the amount of content coming in this patch, a month away is "very soon". Most other major patches had been announced to come soon and took about 3 or more months to be finished, thus saying "very soon" is consistent and gives out that players won't need to wait as long (compared to previous patch announcements)
3- We didn't kill the playerbase, if you want to compare player count pre and post announcement it's about the same. People know by now how long seasons usually last
4- While such an announcement drops the amount of donations until next season, it's still the right thing to do. It would be frustrating for a player to get TG and spend it to find out "surprise patch" will come out the next day. Additionally, it's the price you pay to get the word out and build the hype for the new season

Thanks for the update :D This all makes oodles of sense
Calypso1992
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Marco wrote:

Fair enough. Thanks for all the hard work!!
Wicked
Prowler
15 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Marco wrote:

I like your way of thinking, here have a cookie.

Will definitely wait for the patch and play my ass off as soon as it comes out.
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
As long as there are some changes to holydin the wait will be worth it :D
xzmnick
Abomination
153 | 0
superbeast holydin HYPU
Kevwar
Cultist
21 | 0
I dont know if it's been asked before, but will there be a ladder reset after the patch?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Kevwar wrote:I dont know if it's been asked before, but will there be a ladder reset after the patch?

Yep