Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
and you don't have to nerf everything to balance it

I do agree with you on this. Some fun builds simply do not exist any longer due to overzealous nerfing of good builds, which is unfortunate. My perception of events is that many of these builds were over-nerfed and not corrected back to viability, at least not without major equipment overhauls ruining the fun of the builds for many players.

no more unsocketing runes

Yeah, is that really going to be a thing? For runewords only, or runes in general, like if I fill my toon up with jewels and one or two runes with -5% cold resist, I won't be able to unsocket my jewels? I'm one of the type of players who really enjoys spending an entire day or more crafting jewels after having spent two days before that collecting enough gold and shards to do it, then crafting the perfect set of jewels for the job. If I couldn't eject my jewels from sockets, then I am not sure how I would feel about that. That might actually be a deal-breaker for me TBH.... Marco never addressed my prior concern, how elemental casters of any class rely on jewels with +spell focus and +2-4% elemental damage as well as hopefully added energy% or FCR. There is zero chance the Caster runewords will address all the stats you will lose from these jewels. As I mentioned to him, removing just one jewel drops my DPS by hundreds of points, so having to remove say 3-or-4 from body armor to create a runeword armor could be devastating, and if you couldn't eject those jewels you spent so long creating?! It really is too soon to judge 2.0, but I am extremely wary of this particular upcoming change (runewords) to caster types. Time will tell.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Primarch wrote:I gave up bitching about the viability of spearzons and hammerzons a year and a half ago. Haven’t really played much since. If Zons get a major rework, I’ll start playing religiously again.

I do hope so. 2.0 is the right time to make ama shine! :D
Itchy_
Banned
18 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Taem wrote:
and you don't have to nerf everything to balance it

I do agree with you on this. Some fun builds simply do not exist any longer due to overzealous nerfing of good builds, which is unfortunate. My perception of events is that many of these builds were over-nerfed and not corrected back to viability, at least not without major equipment overhauls ruining the fun of the builds for many players.

no more unsocketing runes

Yeah, is that really going to be a thing? For runewords only, or runes in general, like if I fill my toon up with jewels and one or two runes with -5% cold resist, I won't be able to unsocket my jewels? I'm one of the type of players who really enjoys spending an entire day or more crafting jewels after having spent two days before that collecting enough gold and shards to do it, then crafting the perfect set of jewels for the job. If I couldn't eject my jewels from sockets, then I am not sure how I would feel about that. That might actually be a deal-breaker for me TBH.... Marco never addressed my prior concern, how elemental casters of any class rely on jewels with +spell focus and +2-4% elemental damage as well as hopefully added energy% or FCR. There is zero chance the Caster runewords will address all the stats you will lose from these jewels. As I mentioned to him, removing just one jewel drops my DPS by hundreds of points, so having to remove say 3-or-4 from body armor to create a runeword armor could be devastating, and if you couldn't eject those jewels you spent so long creating?! It really is too soon to judge 2.0, but I am extremely wary of this particular upcoming change (runewords) to caster types. Time will tell.

my bad for not clarifying so far i think its just runewords can't be unsocketed but idk for sure, i mean runewords when i said runes before

they did say you can still use jewels as fillers while farming runes so maybe you can unsocket jewel/rune combos that arent runewords
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Primarch wrote:I gave up bitching about the viability of spearzons and hammerzons a year and a half ago. Haven’t really played much since. If Zons get a major rework, I’ll start playing religiously again.

Ama rework is confirmed to come with 2.0 ;)
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Need new screenshots. Feed the demon.
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
This is awesome, can't wait!!
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Taem wrote:Marco never addressed my prior concern, how elemental casters of any class rely on jewels with +spell focus and +2-4% elemental damage as well as hopefully added energy% or FCR. There is zero chance the Caster runewords will address all the stats you will lose from these jewels. As I mentioned to him, removing just one jewel drops my DPS by hundreds of points, so having to remove say 3-or-4 from body armor to create a runeword armor could be devastating, and if you couldn't eject those jewels you spent so long creating?! It really is too soon to judge 2.0, but I am extremely wary of this particular upcoming change (runewords) to caster types. Time will tell.

Why are you so certain there's "zero chance" the stat loss of a couple jewel spaces won't be addressed? Some spell damage / focus is hardly relevant compared to orange stats, pierce, maxres, or simply spell damage/focus (they aren't exclusive to jewels?) and virtually any other stat. This is like saying
Minefield

Minefield
One-Handed Swords
Except Two-Handed Swords, Two-Handed Swords

'IgnTyrRalOhm'
Runeword Level: 100
If you have 90% Fire Resist: +50% Fire Spell Damage
40% Hit Recovery
+(25 to 30)% to Fire Spell Damage
-60% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Fire Resist +30%
Fire Absorb (1 to 2)%
Attacker Takes Fire Damage of (400 to 500)
is a bad runeword because it has no jewel space. Ironically enough, minefield actually requires 2 less runes in 2.0 - inb4 this is considered a nerf

And also I agree, crafting good jewels feels good, and that's why you still can do it. We think rolling bases and rw itself with oils wasn't, and really the only way to stop it from happening was to remove them. If you made a jewel that's too good to throw on some mid-term RW, then just use it on other quality like craft/unique, simple.
paolo12
Cog
203 | 18
Casters buffs confirmed :twisted:
Maphyr
Acid Prince
47 | 1
Not really sure how to feel about the RW changes, guess we'll see when it releases.

I liked how it was. Feels like they're just tinkering to tinker at this point.
Shovelspoon
Pit Knight
106 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Maphyr wrote:Not really sure how to feel about the RW changes, guess we'll see when it releases.

I liked how it was. Feels like they're just tinkering to tinker at this point.

For me, tinkering for tinkering's sake is just giving yourself more work just to show that you are busy. It's a waste of time, which I'm sure none of them are a fan of. I'm not sure how I feel about the changes mechanically yet either, but I feel like requiring multiple runes is a good idea.

I think it's an improvement to the system from more of a flavor perspective. They're supposed to be rune words. Words made of runes. A special enchantment, spiritual endowment, or divine ritual that somehow blesses your item. This helps it feel more like that again.

Amn-El-Ith-Tir-Sol, Honor, was my first real runeword in D2. Used in a Great Sword for a ww barb. It felt awesome when it all came together, even though we all know it's a trash runeword in the mid-late game. It felt like it had some weight to it. By finding these pieces and arranging them In the correct order I was able to turn an ordinary sword into a tool of destruction. Right now if I make a runeword, it has all those jewel mods on it. And unless you're writing everything down and double checking the docs, it can be tough to even remember what affixes just got added when you topped it off with the correct letter.