[2.0] The Runewords Overhaul

Game news and forum updates
suntorytime
Monkey King
269 | 6
I don't mind waiting. Just drop some tidbits every once in a while, even a screenshot is enough. Take your time devs
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
We dont care about shared stash, but multi-paged stash seems necessary. Since the rework of runewords, more runes need to be stored and one page stash would not be enough anymore if no shared stash.
As for ama, tbh, few people care about this char....
So plz let the bugged shared stash slide, try to finish the ama rework and start the 2.0 season asap!
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
cnlnjzfjb wrote:We dont care about shared stash, but multi-paged stash seems necessary. Since the rework of runewords, more runes need to be stored and one page stash would not be enough anymore if no shared stash.

Aren't you slightly exaggerating? Even now I usually have 2 Nih Lai or On runes in my inventory, not even in the stash, at any given moment. Even if that number is increased to 8, I can still make 2-3 runewords with that depending on the rw. For the most part of the game where runewords are usful (from the current perspective) you have enough space in the inventory/stash to just grab them and leave them until you use them. Having a multi-paged stash isn't exactly necessary just because you have to plan in 6 more 1 x 1 slots.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1291 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Imagine runes can't be downgraded anymore :lol: Then for several runewords (which all will be revamped so additionally you won't actually know from scratch what runes you need or will later) you will be forced to actually hoard 10s of different runes. Now it's ez to just keep few Ons that can become any rune you may need (and since every single rune = one runeword) but if i'm right..
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Scalewinged wrote:Imagine runes can't be downgraded anymore :lol:

Is that actually a thing? I haven't read anything the like in the announcement.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ParticuLarry wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:We dont care about shared stash, but multi-paged stash seems necessary. Since the rework of runewords, more runes need to be stored and one page stash would not be enough anymore if no shared stash.

Aren't you slightly exaggerating? Even now I usually have 2 Nih Lai or On runes in my inventory, not even in the stash, at any given moment. Even if that number is increased to 8, I can still make 2-3 runewords with that depending on the rw. For the most part of the game where runewords are usful (from the current perspective) you have enough space in the inventory/stash to just grab them and leave them until you use them. Having a multi-paged stash isn't exactly necessary just because you have to plan in 6 more 1 x 1 slots.

No, u didnt see the runewords rework in 2.0? Why u take "now" for example? "now" is 1.8, and 1.8 is very different from 2.0, I didnt see ur point here.
Dont u know that runes can't be downgraded in 2.0??? 33 basic runes and another 33 enhanced runes, now tell me how many necessary runes u need to store in 2.0 since they cant be downgraded??? And even if they can be downgraded in 2.0, will u only store sth like 66, or 65 in normal times, and downgrade them to use when u need a 44? Just because u never store a 44 rune? I wouldnt do that, cause high runes will be costly in 2.0.
In 2.0, u need to store more runes than 1.8.
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
If disabling rune downgrading is a thing, then they probably will include rune stacking or something like that, since PD2 has it. There is nothing to panic about
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
masochista wrote:If disabling rune downgrading is a thing, then they probably will include rune stacking or something like that, since PD2 has it. There is nothing to panic about

It makes sense. And rune stacking will be in 2.0. But still, since runes cant be downgraded in 2.0, we need to store much more rune stacks in 2.0.
Lets say, one only stores 47-66 runes, which is already 20 rune stacks in his stash. How to get a 43 when he needs it? He cant downgrade high runes to get it in 2.0. And he doesnt have lower runes to upgrade since he never stores them. :)
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:

No, u didnt see the runewords rework in 2.0? Why u take "now" for example? "now" is 1.8, and 1.8 is very different from 2.0, I didnt see ur point here.
Dont u know that runes can't be downgraded in 2.0??? 33 basic runes and another 33 enhanced runes, now tell me how many necessary runes u need to store in 2.0 since they cant be downgraded??? And even if they can be downgraded in 2.0, will u only store sth like 66, or 65 in normal times, and downgrade them to use when u need a 44? Just because u never store a 44 rune? I wouldnt do that, cause high runes will be costly in 2.0.
In 2.0, u need to store more runes than 1.8.

That's why I was asking Scaledwinged if this is a thing. Because there is no mention of downgrading being impossible in the first post.

But seeing how you pointed to the first post of this thread regarding downgrading being impossible, I can see where a confusion might arise. They only talked about upgrading. But that was just a mention that you can upgrade zod runes to empowered runes, while downgrading wasn't mentioned at all, so I can only assume that was mentioned only to say: hey, you can continue upgrading even empowered runes.

The absence of a mention regarding downgrades doesn't mean it's indeed impossible to downgrade.

Unless you have confirmed information on that, (like from a beta player or a mod instead of a post that doesn't mention anything regarding downgrades) which I would gladly receive, the "no downgrade" is much rather fear mongering than anything of substance. So yeah the question remains: is this actually a thing or not?
Edited by ParticuLarry 2 years.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1291 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ParticuLarry wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:Imagine runes can't be downgraded anymore :lol:

Is that actually a thing? I haven't read anything the like in the announcement.

I just guess so if runewords actually will become more worthful - then it's obvious there will be some downside making them harder to make. Since upgrading still a thing and even they allowing you to make enhanced runes (and get them as world drop) - then logical step (along with removing runeword rerolling) would be disabling downgrading or nerfing drop rate which i hope won't happen.